Fullback Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakar

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think this thread from start to end reeks of desperation and hear say :( And until a signing or two gets confirmed by the club it shall remain a bottomless pit for comments to fall away into obscurity.
Shakespeare indeed.

Dakar

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So what does that tell you...and infact he has...he has expressed his dissapointment openly in regards to barba comming over and he obviously feels his positioned has been threatened.

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is not good...the guy wants to stay at broncos and feels like he is getting pushed out, and then we pounce?? On a bloke that will get homesick in a years time? Or when hodges retires? Next please

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is not good...the guy wants to stay at broncos and feels like he is getting pushed out, and then we pounce?? On a bloke that will get homesick in a years time? Or when hodges retires? Next please
Signing any Queenslander these days puts any NRL club outside of Queensland at the mercy of the I'm homesick clause. Especially if the player in question is seen as a potential game winner.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So what does that tell you...and infact he has...he has expressed his dissapointment openly in regards to barba comming over and he obviously feels his positioned has been threatened.
Not that. What I meant was that I find it odd that the rumours have been going around for a long time and the Broncos have come forward saying that Hoffman is not leaving several times but Hoffman has never said that he's not going to leave.

Exact same situation as the Bulldogs and Barba. The Dogs came out saying that it'll all be sorted and he won't leave but Barba wouldn't say he wasn't going to leave.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not that. What I meant was that I find it odd that the rumours have been going around for a long time and the Broncos have come forward saying that Hoffman is not leaving several times but Hoffman has never said that he's not going to leave.

Exact same situation as the Bulldogs and Barba. The Dogs came out saying that it'll all be sorted and he won't leave but Barba wouldn't say he wasn't going to leave.
The difference being Hoffman did not fake injury and fade away in games like that cat Barba.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thing that pisses me off about the broncs article is the line about hoff being contracted and therefore not legally allowed to negotiate with other clubs.

Go broncos. Hypocritical ****s

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The difference being Hoffman did not fake injury and fade away in games like that cat Barba.
Says a lot about hoff. Say what you want about him but he is a soldier ... He will do well at the dogs

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That interview with Raelene pretty much confirmed that this thread has much to do about nothing. All the speculation on here about player signings is pretty much poppycock, but at the end of the day she played her cards close to her chest and didn't reveal much in the way of potential signings. She pretty much alluded to in house development.

Unless Des creates some magic and pulls a rabbit out of his hat the 2014 season will follow in the same vein as 2013. Without the detractions of Babar of cause, which in hynesite may see us preform better but it could also see us fall flat on our faces.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That interview with Raelene pretty much confirmed that this thread has much to do about nothing. All the speculation on here about player signings is pretty much poppycock, but at the end of the day she played her cards close to her chest and didn't reveal much in the way of potential signings. She pretty much alluded to in house development.

Unless Des creates some magic and pulls a rabbit out of his hat the 2014 season will follow in the same vein as 2013. Without the detractions of Babar of cause, which in hynesite may see us preform better but it could also see us fall flat on our faces.
Yeah never believe a word any CEO says publicly, there is no way she is going to come out and say yeah we are talking to hoffman or insert name here. Plenty of players have pulled out of negotiations before because of clubs with big mouths. No great surprise Raelene doesn't have much to add on the subject.

Dog till i die, do you work for ABC over in WA?

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-10-25/interview-raelene-castle/5046856?section=sport

Raelene in Perth.
She doesn't say too much but the sour face she pulled when I mentioned Ferguson's name should leave no one guessing nor under any illusion!
Bit long but enjoy!
What a perfect interview, basically nailed her with questions about every player! Good job! From that interview it sounds like Hoffman is someone they are interested in (obviously she can't openly admit anything unless it's a definite no) and that they chased Will, you can tell by the way she answers when asked. Also interesting reply regarding Ferguson, sounded a little hesitant to answer.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah never believe a word any CEO says publicly, there is no way she is going to come out and say yeah we are talking to hoffman or insert name here. Plenty of players have pulled out of negotiations before because of clubs with big mouths. No great surprise Raelene doesn't have much to add on the subject.

Dog till i die, do you work for ABC over in WA?
^this. Listen, no one ever publicly comes out and says things like 'yeah, we're going for XXX player'. The scum club, broncos, are a prime example of that. You wont ever hear of anything till its pretty much a done deal. Its just how business is conducted everywhere mate.

**EDIT**: lol shes funny.

a) we're not in talks with anyone at the moment, blah blah, good up and coming talent, good player into great player blah blah.. people all on contract.
b) Curt Naughton is a name that has come up.. mean right foot step blah blah.. "listen, coach says these are the players I want to chase, and that is a name that hasn't been brought up".
c) Josh Morris question .. "good for the team and good for the individual, continue to work with josh on that".

Status
Not open for further replies.