Hasler: We dont want unhappy players in our club

Status
Not open for further replies.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So what about our coach breaking a contract to come over and coach us?
That's different and Manly could have prevented it several times a very long time ago. This is a different situation.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have always agreed with you lol. Though this one we are way way way apart. Moltzen & Tedescoe can both stay the **** away from our jerseys or I will be filthy.

Folau, Hayne, Tomkins, Beale all awesome A+ effort for replacing Barba with superstar quality.

Locke is a settlement.

Tedescoe/Moltzen/Nuffies I will deadset rage.
You make me laugh tbh...

What have you seen from Tomkins to make you believe that he will strive in the NRL?

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neither way is honourable and neither better or worse. We would be hypocritical in this forum to condone a switch by Hayne but chuck rocks at Barba for not honouring his contract with us.

We all know how the scenario would play out in the media in a negative fashion. Rise above it.

Locke isn't a bad option to think about though...has a big heart. A good fit but still like Josh at the back.
I don't give a sh1t about the negative rubbish in the media they will always write about us... I care bout being competitive and winning... because once you do that, everybody forgets about all the other stuff.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
That's different and Manly could have prevented it several times a very long time ago. This is a different situation.
The basics are the same. Hasler wanted more money and a new contract and they wouldn't give it. Sure he deserved it and I will never know how there board didn't get sacked but he was contracted for another year and left and came across to us. Sure I don't know all the little insider stuff but as I said the basics are the same and the manly fans would agree, they are still fuming over it.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The basics are the same. Hasler wanted more money and a new contract and they wouldn't give it. Sure he deserved it and I will never know how there board didn't get sacked but he was contracted for another year and left and came across to us. Sure I don't know all the little insider stuff but as I said the basics are the same and the manly fans would agree, they are still fuming over it.
Basics may be the same but it's the process in which is causing anger. Hasler was a very easy fix on Manly's behalf while we're dealing with a lying disrespectful little cnt.

Symm

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Neither way is honourable and neither better or worse. We would be hypocritical in this forum to condone a switch by Hayne but chuck rocks at Barba for not honouring his contract with us.
Yep, that's what I'm saying.
I don't buy into the whole "nice guys finish last" thing either. Whether its true or not, I think integrity is more important than winning.

I agree we already got our hands dirty when we signed Des out from under the Eagles. That's not a compelling reason to do it again.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
plus we sort of went by the book, we signed him for the end of his current deal initially

but if i was manly i would be pissed

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Basics may be the same but it's the process in which is causing anger. Hasler was a very easy fix on Manly's behalf while we're dealing with a lying disrespectful little cnt.
Yeah agree but remember that's from our side of the fence. Unfortunately knowing a couple of manly fans that's what they think of Hasler and him taking alot of the staff with him. Easy fix at manly, may appear so but remember Toovey hasn't done anything other than keep Hasler's plan in place. He has the same team etc so we will see how good toov's is after this current crop move on and he has to come up with stuff himself.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
I'll be first to admit, the waterboy proved me wrong

He might be a sook, and could prove me right in the long run but for now he has done a pretty good job.

And that probably took a lot of heat of Haslers exit IMO

N

Natboy

You make me laugh tbh...

What have you seen from Tomkins to make you believe that he will strive in the NRL?
I remember people questioning James graham, Sam burgess etc
I've seen Tomkins play a few games on TV & a few games live & he is a standout
Whether he will continue that form in NRL, I'd love to find out!

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember people questioning James graham, Sam burgess etc
I've seen Tomkins play a few games on TV & a few games live & he is a standout
Whether he will continue that form in NRL, I'd love to find out!
Agree, but not worth the $1M he is asking for

N

Natboy

Agree, but not worth the $1M he is asking for
Yeah. I wouldn't pay that for anyone with Izzy a possible exception
Being such a heavy contact sport there are too many injures to risk signing a player with such a large chunk of your cap

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah. I wouldn't pay that for anyone with Izzy a possible exception
Being such a heavy contact sport there are too many injures to risk signing a player with such a large chunk of your cap
I think the only Players in the NRL that are worth the $1M are GI & JT & Smith

Malla

Reaction score
This message from Hasler speaks volumes. Hasler is aware of the importance of having a happy life outside of Footy that'll translate to good footy on the field.

As much as I think Menginga is a rubbish coach, his call to sack David Taylor a few years ago when he has his issues with his missus was the best call and an example that clubs should follow. Players are not irreplaceable.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
The basics are far from the same. If you knew the truth about the situation you would laugh at the ineptitude of the Manly Board. Hasler did everything by the book. Greenberg did everything by the book. Manly Board were (and still are) a rabble and were impossible to work with.

I have probably given away too much there but its completely different to Barba. Barba has been the author of his own misfortune and is taking full advantage of his Dally M medal winner status before it all goes sour. If Karma has any role to play in league, he will be another one season wonder!

H

HajdukSplit

There are alot of Hayne, Moltzen and Tedesco haters.

IMO, they are more than capable playing fullback and filling in positions when required.

These players are playing for clubs which have been in termoil for a number of years now. Players unhappy with the board and coaches, players sacked, coaches sacked, etc,etc. Its difficult to judge there performances when pretty much no-one is performing from the Administrative Board to the players.

In saying that, players like Hayne and Farah have been outstanding in Origin while there club team have been shocking, which shows how important it is playing alongside a tight nit group and a decent team (except players like Pearce, Creagh and Buhrer who should of never played Origin).

There arent better coaches than Hasler, Bellache and Bennett.

some examples of player standouts are;

Barba under the guidance of Hasler
Adam Blair being a standout under Bellache and a flop at Wests.
Soward having a great premiership season, than flopping out

Pritchard is another example. He has always been a steamroller, but at Penrith he was incosistent and was a 15min player a half, playing off the bench.
Look what Hasler has done with him!!

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thing to remember is nice guys finish last, if we sit back and allow team's to steal players away from us that are on contract and don't do it in return on the right opportunities than we will lose. Sure we will sit back in our moral high chairs but losing marquee players without replacing them we will not win another premiership. We stole Hasler early so our hands are already dirty. I don't blame Bronco's in this I am upset with Barba and Orr and how they have conducted themselves!
Manly could of kept Hasler, and we could of probably kept barba if we upgraded his contract. Difference is that Barba had one good year and then caused drama and had an average 2013 season. Hasler gave them 2 premierships and turned them into one of the best sides for the past 5 years, he was worth everything they could give him.....Barba isn't.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hasler didnt hide behind his family as an excuse.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tedesco I like but he needs more development time. Don't really rate Moltzen and Beale was rubbish for the Dragons. He played well at fullback for the Broncos but when the halves are struggling your fullback shouldn't go 4 games without doing anything.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
And Hasler was more then willing to come accross at the end of his Manly contract. Its not his nor the Bulldogs fault that Manly terminated his contract one year early...

So you cant really compare the Hasler situatuion with the Barba situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.