Bulldogs star Jamal Idris chooses to join Gold Coast Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
The dogs are not stupid, if they wanted to keep Jamal they would of kept him, they must have a plan B, the Morris boys always say they want to play together, we have josh for the next 3 years.. its all strategic planning.
Morris is contracted I think, Brett that is

Either way, I want James Graham !!!

neovo89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Half of those you mentioned went downhill after they left us. They werent able to keep their "status name which they had at the bulldogs". Refering mainly to myles, mason and o'meley. Asotasi still tries, but he is playing in a team of brainless players.
Exactly what i was trying to say!

@nchorman

Channel 4 News!
Reaction score
The dogs are not stupid, if they wanted to keep Jamal they would of kept him, they must have a plan B, the Morris boys always say they want to play together, we have josh for the next 3 years.. its all strategic planning.
I would hate to have both the Morris boys in our team. Ball Hogging would be evident in every game.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Off you go idris....because i dnt see u playing another decent game this year....welcome brett morris!!! Must that we sign him now!!

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a VERY massive good note, I congratule him for having the balls to sign the contract he wanted and not d!ck us around. He wanted that TV Show deal GC had for him and good luck to him

He could have re-signed with us cause he felt he owed us, then regretted it a year later

Now we know where we stand, we have time to sign accordingly and TBH I still <3 the bloke ... he made the call that was right for him and good luck to him !!!
What I am hearing is that he would be on something close to $575K with the TV deal and third party endorsments....

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Give me a centre in the mould of Morris anyday over an Idris...

this news is not upsetting at all, I wont be suprised if this turns out to be good news for the club if it means we can secure a tough prop like Graham

Lafai has also proven himself as a capable replacment for Idris...

Not fussed he is leaving at all, good luck to him for getting 400K per year

@nchorman

Channel 4 News!
Reaction score
Thank you Idris for confirming to me again and again What kind of a man El Masri was....The last of the loyals...
Could not have said it better. El Masri is and always will be a Legend of the game. In an age where loyalty is meaningless, he showed us Dogs fans that he was there.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thank you Idris for confirming to me again and again What kind of a man El Masri was....The last of the loyals...
Why should we be so concerned with loyalty in today's game. With the sort of money being offered and the Gold Coast lifestyle, it's pretty logical to take their offer.

He waited till the end of his contract and picked the offer that suits him the most. Good on him for trying to secure his financial future and the lifestyle he wants.

We'd all love for players to be 'loyal', but why should they be if they are given the chance to make more money and live the lifestyle they want.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good luck to Jamal. I've said it before, not worth $400k at the dogs but if someone else wants to offer him the $$$ he wants, good luck to him.

Most of us in his position would have done the same. I would.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
Meh, ah well, cya big fella.

He should be used on the bench as an interchange forward for the rest of this season and let lafai stay in the centres.

Status
Not open for further replies.