• Yes

Votes: 86 42.0%
  • No

Votes: 119 58.0%

• Total voters

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I hope he has leaned from this year not really seeing much improvement from his choice of bench or interchanges . Why pick Flanno to play 5 mins? We are not blowing teams off the park so will never be able to take Reed off. I know he was trying to send a message to TPJ/ Thompson but keeping them both off at the same time for that long? From about the 15th till 65th minute one or both of them were off meant we had no chance of getting back into the game.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Cos Gus already did the “I told you so” when he said to Ciro don’t come in 2023 but 2024 when we have a better roster

I got a feeling Gus looked at this season as write off and Ciro will be judged on 2024 beyond
Agree. Get the feeling CC started looking at 2023 as a write off as well early in the season. May explain why he hasn't seemed to change much for the better and has appeared to let players keep messing up and just let it keep rolling along at this inept pace. Kinda like give em enough rope? Who the heck knows? All we know is we are in 15th place out of 17 and play like the worst :grinning:

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus won’t sack ciraldo till atleast 2025… he either appoints an experienced assistant who takes over secretly and gets paid coach wages or he sends ciraldo packing 2025 saying it was too much for him. No way he sacks him 2024. No coach will want to join us if we keep punting coaches every year and half.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For me it’s all on the coach. We already have a core group of quality NRL rep players in Burton, Mahoney, Thomson, Kikau, TPJ, Ado Car, along with a core group of up and coming promising young talented players like King, Sexton, Preston, Kiraz, Skelton, KO and others. It’s up to the coach to mould them into a well drilled cohesive unit. CC has failed to do this in his first year. Let’s hope he changes his approach and tactics for next year because whatever he’s doing is not working.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cos Gus already did the “I told you so” when he said to Ciro don’t come in 2023 but 2024 when we have a better roster

I got a feeling Gus looked at this season as write off and Ciro will be judged on 2024 beyond
Still dosent explain that performance yesterday at full strength.. theres no excuses for that

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If the team is still just plodding along next year no he won’t see out his contract. I would not be surprised if Gus had a clause in his contract for ciro, the gurantee of 5 years but performance based clauses cause let’s be honest I am very skeptic of us improving. The sad thing is he rewards the same players who make mistakes and never looks angry, where’s the fear of losing your position when you make mistakes ? The mind boggles…

I think 2.5 years max including his first year. I can’t stand another repeat of the same shit, what’s worse is we look worse with an improved roster. Why start thommo? I saw that and thought hmmmm

we are weak minded, no grit. Pay had them tough. While we struggled to score points the team had grit
I still Pays defensive grit was leftover from the Des Hasler systems

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Not if the team doesn't improve dramatically next season.
Definitely has two full seasons.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
What has the assistant actually improved since being here?

selections? No

Game plan? Don’t have one

Defence? It’s gotten worse

Roster? No and Perham was his great must have

Attack? Lol

Individual player performance? Fox, Mahoney & Kiraz have all gone backwards, TPJ & RFM are still useless

Discipline? We’d have the least in the NRL

Accountability? Nope, blame injuries, illness, suspensions, 50/50 calls, new rules and keep picking players doing the same dumb shit

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

selections? No

Attack? Lol

Individual player performance? Fox, Mahoney & Kiraz have all gone backwards, TPJ & RFM are still useless

Accountability? Nope, blame injuries, illness, suspensions, 50/50 calls, new rules and keep picking players doing the same dumb shit
Can't dispute any of that tbh

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
the problem with CC is that he thinks we are losing because players are making mistakes, dropping balls, not completing sets etc.

He simply doesnt understand that despite all the above

- we can not create any attack when we are in the opposition 20
- Our defence line has massive holes that the opposition take advantage of every week , hence the worst defence in the comp and we cop cricket scores almost every single game
- players not communicating well both in defence and in attack
- We had a massive upgrade to our roster from last year yet we are in the same position on the table as last year and none of our marquee players are playing to their best, why?

All of the above is the coach's responsibility to fix and CC has miserably failed in every department.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

selections? No

Attack? Lol

I just posted something similar, you beat me to it.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Yup, seems obvious to me most of the players just don’t give much of a fuck about the results at the moment (certainly not like the fans do).

CC either feels the same way, or he’s lost the room for this year.

If the other players are acting like the Fox is in their spare time (according to his Insta) they’re way too comfortable for a team performing so poorly

I’m hoping CC does a Todd Payton after his shit first season…smash the stereo, make the team comfortable in being uncomfortable, make them accountable, publicly call out the bludgers
I think CC is a level head. He doesn't over react in public but I believe he has pissed off a few players with his high expectations in which they can't deliver. Let's not forget we aren't at the bottom because of CC , he walked into a shit show that has been on repeat since 2017. Quick fix win now hasn't and won't work. This is a change from within that needs to start. The mentality and expectations of the players who have been here needs to change. If they don't they will be shown the door. CC and Gus know the path to future success and they will remain on that with or without the current crop of players. I will say this we lack leadership on the field. An old head to teach the players . A cronk style or Gallen to teach resilience, to stay in the grind, to compete in every play. The attitude to compete. We lack that, that's why we crumble and allow 3 tries in 10 min consistently. It's mental not physical.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@Bazildog I think he will see out his contract. The club is being rebuilt from the ground up, which needed to be done. Gus said it would take time, and that it would get worse before it got better. He told Ciraldo not to come this year, but Viraldo chose to come and get things started. So this year is not unexpected. It is unacceptable though, and the players are to blame, hence so many will be moved on.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
End of the day, we dont have middles, a quality 7, centres or a FB. We have been decimated by injuries most of the year. Ciro has had a difficult year and hopefully he has learnt from it. I hope that he sees out his contract because that means we have turned our fortunes around

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
See out his contract he shouldn't see out the week,

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Problem is Ciraldo is more friends with the players than the coach - I know this first hand as a few told me personally.

But it's on Gus to not make these dud appointments.

Mick Potter deserved a crack this year as head coach.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@Bazildog I think he will see out his contract. The club is being rebuilt from the ground up, which needed to be done. Gus said it would take time, and that it would get worse before it got better. He told Ciraldo not to come this year, but Viraldo chose to come and get things started. So this year is not unexpected. It is unacceptable though, and the players are to blame, hence so many will be moved on.
Cheers mate, I was keen to hear your view given your eternal optimism hoping to make myself feel better about where we are at..

As a club it has been a 7 year revolving door of supposedly poor roster being replaced with better but I would hate to compile the list of players that have gone that are actually doing well elsewhere.

At the end of the day I am always swayed by stats as they dont lie, for example the premiers always having the best defence or at the minimum top 3 in the comp. This is my reference point (defence) as a team and where we are after the last 7 years and its doing my fucking head in that we are actually getting worse.

I think the proverbial line in the sand needs to be drawn, and excuses for players coaches and senior managment are no longer acceptable.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Word for word straight from Gusses mouth you absolute cuck. Wake up