• Yes

Votes: 86 42.0%
  • No

Votes: 119 58.0%

• Total voters

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cheers mate, I was keen to hear your view given your eternal optimism hoping to make myself feel better about where we are at..

As a club it has been a 7 year revolving door of supposedly poor roster being replaced with better but I would hate to compile the list of players that have gone that are actually doing well elsewhere.

At the end of the day I am always swayed by stats as they dont lie, for example the premiers always having the best defence or at the minimum top 3 in the comp. This is my reference point (defence) as a team and where we are after the last 7 years and its doing my fucking head in that we are actually getting worse.

I think the proverbial line in the sand needs to be drawn, and excuses for players coaches and senior managment are no longer acceptable.
My take on the shit show that is this season, is that he has pushed the team really hard physically, and they have faded out due to their inexperience, lack of mental fortitude, and a rediculous injury toll. Even our Cup side has fallen off a cliff the past month or so, and have been losing to teams they should have easily beaten. They have been pushed until breaking point, and have broken. But they will either be gone next year, or be better for it in the long term.
The atmosphere of consistent failure is hard to change. There was a lot of positive work done in the preseason, but obviously it was not enough.
As you said, the best defensive team normally wins come the end of the year. But more often then not that team also uses the least amount of players. We have used the most! Had our injury toll been more fortunate perhaps it would have been a very different outcome.
Im not an eternal optimist. Far from it. But I trust the process, and as much as the results don't show it, the work to get us moving in the right direction is being done.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My take on the shit show that is this season, is that he has pushed the team really hard physically, and they have faded out due to their inexperience, lack of mental fortitude, and a rediculous injury toll. Even our Cup side has fallen off a cliff the past month or so, and have been losing to teams they should have easily beaten. They have been pushed until breaking point, and have broken. But they will either be gone next year, or be better for it in the long term.
The atmosphere of consistent failure is hard to change. There was a lot of positive work done in the preseason, but obviously it was not enough.
As you said, the best defensive team normally wins come the end of the year. But more often then not that team also uses the least amount of players. We have used the most! Had our injury toll been more fortunate perhaps it would have been a very different outcome.
Im not an eternal optimist. Far from it. But I trust the process, and as much as the results don't show it, the work to get us moving in the right direction is being done.
Fair enough mate, I suppose in comes down to perspective. I have had numerous chats with @DinkumDog over the past years of decline and he like yourself has always stayed a litttle more optimistic and viewed our direction a bit more favouably than I have.

I felt we needed an experienced/statistically successful hard coach to handle the rebuild and not back to back to back rookies with Pay, Barrett and now Ciraldo. My first choice was always Bennett or Bellamy although the club in its infinite wisdom blocked Wayne and was never ever a chance of getting Bellamy. Shaun Wane was my next choice followed by the likes of Flannagan or even Hook based on his previous winning percentage, and I dont judge him to hard on what happened at the Dragons as they are a bigger basket case than we are.

But that is now behind us and Gus/Ciraldo is our realty.. Gus needs to get his hands dirty because if Ciraldo fails his relevence at the Bulldogs will suffer massively because it was his call and no bullshit excuses about when he told him to start or whatever will cover his arse.

Ciraldo is a rookie and if ever Gus was actually going to step up and show he still has it, its now. If we get flogged over the next few games and finish the year as we are or worse, February might see an even bigger disaster for all of us.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I will say yes, we are in it for the long haul. Whatever it takes we need stability and to stick to the plan even if the results do not transfer quickly.

Next season I want to see less blow outs and more consistency week to week.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fair enough mate, I suppose in comes down to perspective. I have had numerous chats with @DinkumDog over the past years of decline and he like yourself has always stayed a litttle more optimistic and viewed our direction a bit more favouably than I have.

I felt we needed an experienced/statistically successful hard coach to handle the rebuild and not back to back to back rookies with Pay, Barrett and now Ciraldo. My first choice was always Bennett or Bellamy although the club in its infinite wisdom blocked Wayne and was never ever a chance of getting Bellamy. Shaun Wane was my next choice followed by the likes of Flannagan or even Hook based on his previous winning percentage, and I dont judge him to hard on what happened at the Dragons as they are a bigger basket case than we are.

But that is now behind us and Gus/Ciraldo is our realty.. Gus needs to get his hands dirty because if Ciraldo fails his relevence at the Bulldogs will suffer massively because it was his call and no bullshit excuses about when he told him to start or whatever will cover his arse.

Ciraldo is a rookie and if ever Gus was actually going to step up and show he still has it, its now. If we get flogged over the next few games and finish the year as we are or worse, February might see an even bigger disaster for all of us.
Vlandys has put the NRLol in a hole!! We didn't need a 17th team, and we sure as fuck don't need an 18th! Add to this that the timing could not have been worse, post covid, and we are all now witnessing the shit show that the NRLol has become.
The lack of NRL quality talent was evident last year, and since we have had a massive increase in the cap the poorly performing clubs who also have to spend 95% of their cap each year, will simply become worse, while the clubs with currently decent squads will continue to prosper until junior league nurseries can catch up. It's an absolute fucking shit show, and there is no player on the market that will change this. Which means that the only way out of this fucking mess is to rebuild the club from the ground up. This is exactly what Gus is doing, and it's the reason why he signed Ciraldo. Ciraldo is no master coach, yet, but he has a track record that suggests that he understands pathways, and the process needed to bring young players through to the NRLol.
Many wont agree with me on this, and their only metric will be our season results, but I think I can see what Ciraldo is trying to do. He is slowly building players up to become NRLol ready, by giving them some FG games, and having them train and prepare with the NRLol team.
Agree to disagree if you like, that's fine. But when it comes to people ruthlessly abusing Ciraldo, Gus and our great club, I can't just ignore it, and feel I have to call it out. Especially the fucking morons with their clown avatars.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fuck NRLOL
FUCK BOGAN CASTLE
FUCK REFS
FUCK CASEY BADGER
FUCK CC
FUCK GHOUL
FUCK ANDREW JOHNS
FUCK TYSON GAMBLE
I’ll hold my judgement until half way next year. Too early to call, the guy is a rookie. I want to see if this year has taught him anything.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’ll hold my judgement until half way next year. Too early to call, the guy is a rookie. I want to see if this year has taught him anything.
We don’t need a rookie in our predicament… I’m sure ciraldo has potential but he was never the person for this job right now
we needed experience

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep I agree. We needed a hard nosed coach who knows what it takes to win as well as discipline. Instead we go a rookie coach who still needs to build his brand as a head coach. I feel he’s treading too softly with the playing group and trying to fit in but I could be wrong. Players need to look in the mirror and be reminded they need to earn the jersey they wear. We’ve lost that and as fans it explains why we’re blowing up in every thread that gets created.

All I can say is I ‘ hope’ we do a lot better next year
flanno is divisive character, we also have to remember flanno jr was still around and would likely still be around if snr was coach.

but then again, he practically forced young players to take peptides, so cutting his own son from the club is not beyond this ****

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the most likely outcome will be Ciraldo will be gone half way through 2025. I think he should go now personally.
It's a No from me. This is the most likely scenario. It's just a matter of when the Board sees their own future in the headlights larger than the fallout and ramifications of going against the great Phil Goulding.
I see CC and PG to be told their services are no longer required some time in 2025. I also think CC should go end of this season, with Potter his replacement. But that ain't gonna happen.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Today was our strongest squad… shitcastle are not a great side, dolphin put 28 on them last week.. he’s gotta go but it won’t matter as the nrl is unwatchable.. I don’t give a fuck anymore until they go bankrupt
Don't you think it's worth watching, just to see how much Casey Badger can talk herself into fucking us up every chance she gets?

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol we have regressed badly and are leaking points like a glue sniffer leaks brain cells, and still have people defending him....unbelievable.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
i mean hes at least getting 3 yrs, so people can stop crying until then

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I will say yes, we are in it for the long haul. Whatever it takes we need stability and to stick to the plan even if the results do not transfer quickly.

Next season I want to see less blow outs and more consistency week to week.
Bro, he's terrible. How can a coach who changes the 17 and positions like he does offer any kind of stability. He's as stable as paddle pop stick scaffolding

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lol we have regressed badly and are leaking points like a glue sniffer leaks brain cells, and still have people defending him....unbelievable.
They defend him due to Gould summoning the media and continuously on 360 stating how brilliant of a man he is and a tremendous job he's done this season.
Gus has allot of power to appease footy fans with his words. NRL fans in general often the smartest sports fans in the business.

He goes on Camera and makes a few scripted statements about the roster issues, injury problems and not having any talent available to sign etc "not using that as an excuse" lol.

And then for the most part Kennel personnel gobble up every word and find comfort in his deflections that Cc is actually a master coach who's just in between a rock in a hard place.

It's a load of absolute shit, he's not getting any players up for the games. Fair enough to not be scoring points but fucking hell they should be able to make some tackles and finish a set and kick and chase the ball and try limit the opposition teams field position or something.

His coaching is diabolical from what I'm seeing on the field. The worst of the worst.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They defend him due to Gould summoning the media and continuously on 360 stating how brilliant of a man he is and a tremendous job he's done this season.
Gus has allot of power to appease footy fans with his words. NRL fans in general often the smartest sports fans in the business.

He goes on Camera and makes a few scripted statements about the roster issues, injury problems and not having any talent available to sign etc "not using that as an excuse" lol.

And then for the most part Kennel personnel gobble up every word and find comfort in his deflections that Cc is actually a master coach who's just in between a rock in a hard place.

It's a load of absolute shit, he's not getting any players up for the games. Fair enough to not be scoring points but fucking hell they should be able to make some tackles and finish a set and kick and chase the ball and try limit the opposition teams field position or something.

His coaching is diabolical from what I'm seeing on the field. The worst of the worst.
Spot on, lafam!

We must be conceding close to 30 points a game on average, by now. Gus can make as many excuses as he wants...and yes, people will still swallow them. But the reality is other coaches like Pay and TBaz had much worse rosters to work with than this and still had the team at least competing and showing some resolve in defence. Potter had the team actually looking like they were enjoying playing together and for the jersey and we won a fair few games as a result of that. He showed what the team can do when they are freed up and not bogged down by over complicated structures.

Ciraldo was touted as a defensive coach and I have never seen a dogs side with defence as consistently awful as this. Earlier in the season the excuse was injuries.... now we are almost at full strength and consistently getting worse.

There's no excuse for this. Cameron Ciraldo stinks. I said before he even arrived he would be Barrett 2.0.... Penrith assistant coach who is a pretty boy, media sweet talker and wants to be BFFs with the playing group. I saw the writing on the wall. I wasn't completely on the money though, because I think in Ciraldo we've found a coach who is even worse than Trent lol.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Spot on, lafam!

We must be conceding close to 30 points a game on average, by now. Gus can make as many excuses as he wants...and yes, people will still swallow them. But the reality is other coaches like Pay and TBaz had much worse rosters to work with than this and still had the team at least competing and showing some resolve in defence. Potter had the team actually looking like they were enjoying playing together and for the jersey and we won a fair few games as a result of that. He showed what the team can do when they are freed up and not bogged down by over complicated structures.

Ciraldo was touted as a defensive coach and I have never seen a dogs side with defence as consistently awful as this. Earlier in the season the excuse was injuries.... now we are almost at full strength and consistently getting worse.

There's no excuse for this. Cameron Ciraldo stinks. I said before he even arrived he would be Barrett 2.0.... Penrith assistant coach who is a pretty boy, media sweet talker and wants to be BFFs with the playing group. I saw the writing on the wall. I wasn't completely on the money though, because I think in Ciraldo we've found a coach who is even worse than Trent lol.
He is very likely worse than Barrett which is very difficult to comprehend but time will tell. I just hope to hear sooner rather than later Gus telling media Cc will be coach for the next 20 years so he'll get sacked the very next day like Barrett was.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He is very likely worse than Barrett which is very difficult to comprehend but time will tell. I just hope to hear sooner rather than later Gus telling media Cc will be coach for the next 20 years so he'll get sacked the very next day like Barrett was.
maybe Gus can pledge he will be at the club for the next 20 years himself, while he's at it lol

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When the players look like, they are depressed with a style of football that they are playing coaching fingerprints are all over it, Cameron Ciraldo is done it’s just only when
I’ll give him 8 weeks into 2024
If we are three wins or less we have our answer.