Votes: 86 42.0%
  • No

Votes: 119 58.0%

• Total voters

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Flanagan could have been alright for the support staff he could have attracted. Ennis, Luke Lewis and likely Wade Graham, who despite his poor form of late has a pretty good footy brain as TripleM listeners would know this.
I dunno dawg this seemed so obvious to me at the time but no one saw it the same way. We are our own worst enemy at times. The **** was desperate to coach us too. Watch Saints rise next year yo.

transom

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The players have no resolve, no steel. I think the injuries has taken a heavy toll on players across 3 grades. We were thin uo front as it was but losing the 3 experienced guys for long periods and then the back ups took its toll.. I think CC is the guy to build the club back up but I'm not going to say he isn't at fault for some selections or rotation issues. He gets another yr for me. The players have given up this yr and that started 2 months ago. It's up to to the men in charge to decide if it's the players or CC but 1 more season should be a better indicator.
In my opinion I think it's a bit of both C.C. and the players.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is what I can't understand bro, you think to save his ego he would be helping the assistant out by now...
He's not throwing paper aeroplanes at him and not giving a fuck. You can polish a turd all week, it won't be a gold bar on Sunday . At best we started with a "potential" top 8 threatening team. It fucking shits me that we can't win. Watch the soccer on Wednesday and be thankful you don't live in the Ukraine

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You obviously have no idea then.
Our future looks bright, we are going to have the best up comers from Fiji, New Zealand , Queensland and Sydney.
Name them. And tell me what year they’ll be contributing to the first grade team

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Imo he will. He's a rookie coach and still learning. Next year the side gets beefed up a bit more.
So you'd expect an improvement now that CC has a year under his belt and a better side.

IF 2025 sees no improvement then his heads on the block

But at this point I happily swap Robbo for CC.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the team is still just plodding along next year no he won’t see out his contract. I would not be surprised if Gus had a clause in his contract for ciro, the gurantee of 5 years but performance based clauses cause let’s be honest I am very skeptic of us improving. The sad thing is he rewards the same players who make mistakes and never looks angry, where’s the fear of losing your position when you make mistakes ? The mind boggles…

I think 2.5 years max including his first year. I can’t stand another repeat of the same shit, what’s worse is we look worse with an improved roster. Why start thommo? I saw that and thought hmmmm

we are weak minded, no grit. Pay had them tough. While we struggled to score points the team had grit

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Name them. And tell me what year they’ll be contributing to the first grade team
This should’ve been done when des was gone. But once we get there will never be a bottom team again.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
There are lots of players available to sign for 25. Therefore I think he will be assessed on next years performance and what players we attract and retain for 25. Personally unless things change dramatically or he gets some better experience around him I think he will struggle to see past next year once all the 25 contracts are done. Also if we fail to land a Marquee for 25 or 26 he could be gone for not being a draw card, even if results are better. Personally I would like someone like Andrew Ryan or Hetherington to come on if there is a NSW cup spot up for grabs with a view to be a NRL option in 25/26. I also always thought Madge would be a good fit for our club. Probs the only premiership winning coach available. Or maybe Bennet for 25 after Dolphins with Ryan to take over in 27?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He needs to stop being buddy buddy with the players and put them on notice and start getting the Craig Bellamy demeanour. Except no bullshit.
You can't just magically transform your personality and coaching demeanour. If he is a buddy buddy type coach who has little authority with the players, then trying to convince them now you are a hard arse just wouldn’t work with the players.

Not sure what can change for CC with the team.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The players have no resolve, no steel. I think the injuries has taken a heavy toll on players across 3 grades. We were thin uo front as it was but losing the 3 experienced guys for long periods and then the back ups took its toll.. I think CC is the guy to build the club back up but I'm not going to say he isn't at fault for some selections or rotation issues. He gets another yr for me. The players have given up this yr and that started 2 months ago. It's up to to the men in charge to decide if it's the players or CC but 1 more season should be a better indicator.
Yup, seems obvious to me most of the players just don’t give much of a fuck about the results at the moment (certainly not like the fans do).

CC either feels the same way, or he’s lost the room for this year.

If the other players are acting like the Fox is in their spare time (according to his Insta) they’re way too comfortable for a team performing so poorly

I’m hoping CC does a Todd Payton after his shit first season…smash the stereo, make the team comfortable in being uncomfortable, make them accountable, publicly call out the bludgers

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Cos Gus already did the “I told you so” when he said to Ciro don’t come in 2023 but 2024 when we have a better roster

I got a feeling Gus looked at this season as write off and Ciro will be judged on 2024 beyond
yep Gus knew this year would be a wreck and there would be heat, Ciro got what he wanted and it will either make him or break him, I am hoping it makes him for the clubs sake, Having a young coach that can identify with this generation of players that has already been through the furnace and survived can only be good for the club, but time will tell.