Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Man we could have a tonne of people out next Friday.

cLEBrity

Mujnoon
Reaction score
NSW selectors are looking for combinations, if Reynolds gets picked expect Hokko at 7 and T rex and Possibly Jackson to play. same with the Souffs boys.
But I heard on radio today that the NSW side is Robbie Farahs side hence his fight with Pearce last year over certain plays , until he pisses off NSW will not win a series

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Personally, I'm divided on the question of Origin.

On the one hand, I selfishly want to keep all players out of Origin so that our momentum isn't threatened.

On the other hand, I know how much it would mean to the players themselves playing Origin, so I would not want to deny them that experience.

There is another fear I have. NSW Origin players come under very tough scrutiny, and any errors that may make on field could have ongoing repercussions. Playing a QLD side with the likes of Smith, Cronk and Thurston is no easy task, especially with the expectation of a state on your shoulders.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The way Hodko played in general plus throwing the pass to Kasiano who put Brown over and the one to Graham had class all over them. I think we will lose him and Morris.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bill Baxter @bill_baxter 11m

In the halves for NSW. At 6, Josh Reynolds. At 7, Trent Hodkinson. Not making this up. Repeat, not making this up.

-from twitter
I'll believe it comes Tuesday if true

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I
Imagine for all their hardwork they put in they get a chance to play infront of 80k people and the chance to earn a possible 90k extra. It may help push them to the nexg level of their game, it is a chance you have to take.
This is spot on. Obviously playing at a highler level improves your game with the experience. I'm sure des is hoping our players get picked.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The way Hodko played in general plus throwing the pass to Kasiano who put Brown over and the one to Graham had class all over them. I think we will lose him and Morris.
I think Daley likes to pick halves in pairs from their clubs, he chose the Roosters halves last year since they were in form maybe he sees our halves pairing as the next thing to try?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

On the one hand, I selfishly want to keep all players out of Origin so that our momentum isn't threatened.

On the other hand, I know how much it would mean to the players themselves playing Origin, so I would not want to deny them that experience.

There is another fear I have. NSW Origin players come under very tough scrutiny, and any errors that may make on field could have ongoing repercussions. Playing a QLD side with the likes of Smith, Cronk and Thurston is no easy task, especially with the expectation of a state on your shoulders.
I agree it's a tough call as a supporter of the club but it would be great to see Reynolds and Hodkinson get into origin.

My worry is who will play 6 and 7 while they are out. Any combination of Eastwood, Reni, Mbye or Templeman doesn't look strong against the Roosters and you can bet if Pearce isn't picked he'll be ready to prove the critics wrong in that game.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hopefully none, but there are a lot of smokeys.

Plus who knows if calls will be made to Daley to ensure Bulldogs players feature highly in the origin side.

Roosters need to win again, and need to hammer someone to impact their for and against. What better way to orchestrate that than by crippling the Bulldogs side and leaving Roosters near full strength.

Roosters belt us like 56-6 or something, they are back in the points AND back with a good points difference, Dogs get hammered in for and against, and are pegged back for Manly to catch us and jump to top of the ladder.

I have a bad feeling we'll get stitched up for origin not out of players abilities, but to cripple / upset our NRL first grade progress.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I

This is spot on. Obviously playing at a highler level improves your game with the experience. I'm sure des is hoping our players get picked.
Exactly letting them experience it and knowing they were good enough to make it to that level despite a win or loss will be good, you need to fail to succeed and if they fail at that level they will know they need to go harder and harder but if they succeed my lord will they something good.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully none, but there are a lot of smokeys.

Plus who knows if calls will be made to Daley to ensure Bulldogs players feature highly in the origin side.

Roosters need to win again, and need to hammer someone to impact their for and against. What better way to orchestrate that than by crippling the Bulldogs side and leaving Roosters near full strength.

Roosters belt us like 56-6 or something, they are back in the points AND back with a good points difference, Dogs get hammered in for and against, and are pegged back for Manly to catch us and jump to top of the ladder.

I have a bad feeling we'll get stitched up for origin not out of players abilities, but to cripple / upset our NRL first grade progress.
If we loose hopefully its by small margins, I doubt they'd pick our players just to hinder our first grade progress lol

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we are on top of the ladder. it would be helpful for Des in some way to have a couple of players missing to origin to test our depth out in case of injury late in the season to see who can really step it up for 1st grade. We still wouldn't have a terrible team missing a couple of players.
1. Perrett
2. Brown
3. Inu (in for Morris)
4. Lafai
5. Stanley
6. Mybe (in for Reynolds)
7. Templeton?
8. Graham
9. Ennis
10. Tolman/Kasiano
11. Williams/Finucane
12. Jackson/Finucane
13. Eastwood

14. Klemmer
15. Kasiano/O'Hanlon
16. Browne
17. Maitua/Burr

Roosters will likely be missing Jennings, Cordner, JWH, and possibly Tupou...and depending on halves, one of the two will miss halves.

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we are on top of the ladder. it would be helpful for Des in some way to have a couple of players missing to origin to test our depth out in case of injury late in the season to see who can really step it up for 1st grade. We still wouldn't have a terrible team missing a couple of players.
1. Perrett
2. Brown
3. Inu (in for Morris)
4. Lafai
5. Stanley
6. Mybe (in for Reynolds)
7. Templeton?
8. Graham
9. Ennis
10. Tolman/Kasiano
11. Williams/Finucane
12. Jackson/Finucane
13. Eastwood

14. Klemmer
15. Kasiano/O'Hanlon
16. Browne
17. Maitua/Burr

Roosters will likely be missing Jennings, Cordner, JWH, and possibly Tupou...and depending on halves, one of the two will miss halves.
I would like to see perret jnr get a run.

B

Bulldogs Bin

Hmm. I would have to say: Morris, Reynolds, and Williams are certainties, whereas Finucane, Jackson, Hodkinson, Tolman are all possibilities.

DaPingPongKing

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

I agree, although Pearce cops it every single year and he still managed to guide the Roosters to a premiership.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hmm. I would have to say: Morris, Reynolds, and Williams are certainties, whereas Finucane, Jackson, Hodkinson, Tolman are all possibilities.
Is your name/avatar in reference to the victory song by any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.