What TV you got?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As Tank said. Bose is good for Soundbars. Bose do integrated units well. Great soundbars, headphones, integrated surround units. There's many others available too. Just test them out and see what you like. As long as it has bluetooth then it's pretty much covered for future proofing.

Soundbars are great if you have a small lounge room. If you have a larger lounge room then I'd suggest going with a better setup. Decent speakers (2 front speakers and a sub-woofer. Surround sound is a waste of money), and a decent amplifier. Wharfdale and Javo are good but there's lots of other decent ones around.
Na Bose is shit with movies, they're much better with music that's the issue.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Na Bose is shit with movies, they're much better with music that's the issue.
They're decent for movies (better than Sony and Samsung), but as I said, it you have a larger room then you're better off going with a real sound system.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I bought this the other day.
https://www.jbhifi.com.au/tv-home-e...x7000e-49-4k-uhd-hdr-smart-led-lcd-tv/453463/

Got it from Harvey Norman for $895, called him in the morning and told him to hold it for me, at the time he had a few in stock, they were all sold (except Mine) by the time i got there at 4pm
That's a good price for a Sony. I bought a similar one 4 years ago for double that.

One beef I do have with a lot of TV Companies is the lack of HDMi ports. I use up all 4 (sound bar, raspberry Pi for streaming, Foxtel and Blueray player (which barely gets used). Not sure what I would do if I had to connect some thing else like a gaming console.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's a good price for a Sony. I bought a similar one 4 years ago for double that.

One beef I do have with a lot of TV Companies is the lack of HDMi ports. I use up all 4 (sound bar, raspberry Pi for streaming, Foxtel and Blueray player (which barely gets used). Not sure what I would do if I had to connect some thing else like a gaming console.
Oh so picking up a $4k 65" 4K tv for $3100 isn't a good pick up?

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The TV i got is for the bedroom so i wont have that issue, i do agree though.

On my main TV i have a Surround Sound, PS4, PS3, Chrome Cast, i need more

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

I have a TV with 4 HDMI ports and an amp with 5 HDMI ports. I have an HDMI running from the Amp out to one port on the TV (with ARC for sound both ways), then the TV and Amp ports are all filled with Apple TV, Chromecast, Steamlink, PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Wii U. Which gets annoying if I want to play the Xbox 360.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm totally going to buy that $479 4k TV off Kogan. Fucking cheapskate or what?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Same mob. Kogan bought Dick Smith online platform (as far as i know).

Interesting.
Yh i know, was suprised that they had different prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.