Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Why you get so cut? you must have a cheap TV to be getting so defensive.

We are talking about TV's not a serious topic to get so cut up inside about :grinning:
Who's cut ****? I'm having fun taking the piss out of you. Only problem it's too easy.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jbhifi has a sale on Sony tv's hoping to get one. In dire need of a fkn upgrade. Still got a 2010 52" model lol.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting either one of these TV's.

It's for the bedroom do i don't need a massive TV, has to be a smart TV so i can watch Netflix n shit.

Good choice or not?

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There is also this one. Also $1098 like the Samsung

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There is also this one. Also $1098 like the Samsung
I'd go with the Sony. Things to keep in mind:

- Sony and Samsung generally have better smart TV features than Panasonic

- Samsung TVs usually allow you to wireless send video and audio to screen from your phone if you have a Samsung phone. Other TVs have similar features, or you could spend $40 on a chromecast and get the same thing

- The Sony and the Panasonic have HDR. You may not need it right now but it's good to have if you ever get an HDR capable Bluray player or a gaming console with HDR

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I found a 49" Sony for $998, i think ill go for that one.

Thanks for your help

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
OK, the $998 TV i found is this one:
https://www.jbhifi.com.au/tv-home-e...x7000e-49-4k-uhd-hdr-smart-led-lcd-tv/453463/

However it's only 50 Hz, does that matter these days?
My Samsung is a 200 Hz and i love the picture, but the TV's im looking at are 4K so i guess that now makes a difference.
Kind of. Technically Australian television signals come in at 50 Hz but gaming consoles run at either 30 Hz or 60 Hz. The TV uses 200 Hz motion plus so the 50 Hz is only if you have motion plus disabled. It could cause some ghosting issues and soap opera effect but to the most part it wouldn't cause any issue. The 50 Hz is native so it could probably mimic 60 Hz without issue.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well they say the eye cannot differentiate anything above 60Hz. I say go 100Hz minimum if possible
That's actually a myth. The human eye can detect up to 1000 Hz, but when you get over 200 Hz you're going to have a hard time seeing the difference.

Technically the only use to have a TV over 60 Hz Native is if you're PC gaming and have a really powerful computer. TV comes in at 50 Hz. Cable TV and gaming consoles tend to be 60 Hz (sometimes 30 Hz for gaming). Anything over that native won't have an effect.

Except then you have Motion Plus and other similar stuff. That mimics an increased frame rate. Basically 60 Hz is 60 frames per second. Motion Plus runs at 200 frames per second but only uses 60 frames per second source. It creates the extra frames by using prediction technology to predict what will render next then inserts an image in there that it thinks will happen. This creates a pretty cool effect but has its downsides.

The main downside being ghosting, also known as the Soap Opera effect. Because it's guessing what will happen it's not necessarily what would have happened if there was an extra frame there. This means when you have things moving on screen fast then it gets really chaotic. The camera moves around a little more than it should, things go slightly out of alignment creating the effect that there's a ghost of the previous image. It generally messes with your perception and gives many people motion sickness.

That said, TVs usually have a way to disable it.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I doubt it'll be an issue, this is TV for my bedroom so it wont get watched a great deal

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who's cut ****? I'm having fun taking the piss out of you. Only problem it's too easy.
Dont get cut up inside.

The positive is that your tcl tv might seem like a decent picture...until you have seen a decent picture. So dont go looking at other peoples tv or you will feel angry

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Dont get cut up inside.

The positive is that your tcl tv might seem like a decent picture...until you have seen a decent picture. So dont go looking at other peoples tv or you will feel angry
I didn't know TCL was even a brand. I'm a Samsung guy for majority of electronics.i don't even rate LG or Sony.

PS believe me I'm not cut, takes more than that. I just find you entertaining, whether you're a troll or a genuine dumb ****.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I didn't know TCL was even a brand. I'm a Samsung guy for majority of electronics.i don't even rate LG or Sony.

PS believe me I'm not cut, takes more than that. I just find you entertaining, whether you're a troll or a genuine dumb ****.
He's not a dumb **** 'cause he rents. How can he be dumb if he rents. And he rents everything. His house, his car, his 13 inch TV, everything.

Probably even rents his girlfriend...

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bought a Sony x9300e on the weekend, its a fkn beast and I want to have babies with it, went to Harvey Norman originally wanting just the 9000e but they had the x930e right next to it and he differences were obvious.

Anyone a soundbar expert? We need a future proof soundbar to go with the tv

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Bought a Sony x9300e on the weekend, its a fkn beast and I want to have babies with it, went to Harvey Norman originally wanting just the 9000e but they had the x930e right next to it and he differences were obvious.

Bose

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

As Tank said. Bose is good for Soundbars. Bose do integrated units well. Great soundbars, headphones, integrated surround units. There's many others available too. Just test them out and see what you like. As long as it has bluetooth then it's pretty much covered for future proofing.

Soundbars are great if you have a small lounge room. If you have a larger lounge room then I'd suggest going with a better setup. Decent speakers (2 front speakers and a sub-woofer. Surround sound is a waste of money), and a decent amplifier. Wharfdale and Javo are good but there's lots of other decent ones around.

Status
Not open for further replies.