What is your favourite (CURRENT) TV Show

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Watched the first 10 episodes. Haven't gotten back to it for a few weeks though.
Mangaka got weird when spoiler so at some point the anime will get weird as well. Not really an anime person, prefer the mangaka for most.

If this is your thing - best ever is either Berserk, Attack on Titan or Ergo Proxy for very different reasons. Berserk - Kentaro-san passed away so it will never be finished (shame - its a fckng 30 year epic). AOT is well known for good reason. EP is something else, a blend of anime and normal filming, combined with philosophy all the way through it. Believe its on YT and Tubi these days. Probably the best I've ever seen. Only about 20 something episodes if I remember. And by far the best soundtrack ever for an anime (finished each ep with Paranoid Android). Just a seriously cool premise that sits behind it.

OP is ok - 20 odd years of being on the mangaka though I'm sort of in it now for the ending. The live motion imv missed the point of it. And you'll never get the big moments - NF will nix it before then (Enies Lobby, Impel Down etc.) so pass. I'll watch it but ticking boxes, thats all.

Yes, the Lizard Lord has some interesting peculiarities....

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Bodies on Netflix is like the British version of Dark. Besides one of the storylines everything else has been pretty good. Dark was levels above though.
Just finished the show. Great series finale.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Currently watching our Flag Means Death, very loosely based on a true story of an aristocrat who gives up his cushy live to become a pirate.

Fans of Rhys Darby and Taika Waititi should check it out.

Starts a bit slow but gets better the more you watch it

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mangaka got weird when spoiler so at some point the anime will get weird as well. Not really an anime person, prefer the mangaka for most.

If this is your thing - best ever is either Berserk, Attack on Titan or Ergo Proxy for very different reasons. Berserk - Kentaro-san passed away so it will never be finished (shame - its a fckng 30 year epic). AOT is well known for good reason. EP is something else, a blend of anime and normal filming, combined with philosophy all the way through it. Believe its on YT and Tubi these days. Probably the best I've ever seen. Only about 20 something episodes if I remember. And by far the best soundtrack ever for an anime (finished each ep with Paranoid Android). Just a seriously cool premise that sits behind it.

OP is ok - 20 odd years of being on the mangaka though I'm sort of in it now for the ending. The live motion imv missed the point of it. And you'll never get the big moments - NF will nix it before then (Enies Lobby, Impel Down etc.) so pass. I'll watch it but ticking boxes, thats all.

Yes, the Lizard Lord has some interesting peculiarities....
Everyone was fighting on twitter when that jjk chapter dropped and I got spoiled, kinda. I didn't see the whole spoiler but part of it and switched off my brain.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Currently watching our Flag Means Death, very loosely based on a true story of an aristocrat who gives up his cushy live to become a pirate.

Fans of Rhys Darby and Taika Waititi should check it out.

Starts a bit slow but gets better the more you watch it
Love the show. First episode was slow but after that it just gets better and better. Second season is a mixed bag so far. Not as good as the first.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Love the show. First episode was slow but after that it just gets better and better. Second season is a mixed bag so far. Not as good as the first.
I'm on episode 9 so I'll be on s2 later tonight. Disappointing to hear it isn't as good

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
493440264d051ea2a_0.jpg

Follows the savestano crime family through various dealings of crime, murder a dealings with other Italian gangs.

Watched this year's ago but never finished it as I got confused as to what was happening between waiting for seasons to air, now I'm watching the whole thing.

Tough to watch at times and uncompromising, and utterly compelling

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Re-runs of Suits have clocked up 27 billion minutes of streaming viewing. Unbelievable stat.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It went downhill after season 4. Some of the storylines were ridiculous
The whole premise is ridiculous really haha....haven't seen past Season 6 but how the hell do they justify Mike prosecuting court cases and the litigation around that being exposed lol....MM is lovely tho :grinning:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Recently started watching Justified. Up to the final episode of season 2. Good show.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fool Me Once on Netflix. Pretty good. Great last episode.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boy swallows universe was pretty decent. Interesting story line set in Brisbane in the 80’s