What is your favourite (CURRENT) TV Show

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Speaking of Australian shows, I've just started, and am enjoying, Boy Swallows Universe.
The mother-in-law gave me the book to read. Apparently it's really good. I will probably read that before watching it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I've got a bone to pick with Boy Swallows Universe.

In ep2 they family sits down to watch the 1985 NSWRL grand final. They are all apparently Parra supporters, and when there is a brief flick to the TV screen the are watching, Ray Rice is leading out the Eels.

I don't mind the occasional historic or geographical inaccuracy (and there's a few others in this show), but Parra in the 85 Grand final? This should not stand!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

In ep2 they family sits down to watch the 1985 NSWRL grand final. They are all apparently Parra supporters, and when there is a brief flick to the TV screen the are watching, Ray Rice is leading out the Eels.

I don't mind the occasional historic or geographical inaccuracy (and there's a few others in this show), but Parra in the 85 Grand final? This should not stand!
Looks like the kid swallowed the wrong universe..

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

I thought it was the Preliminary final.

If you listen to the TV in the background, they mention the Canterbury Bulldogs & Parramatta Eels.

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought it was the Preliminary final.

If you listen to the TV in the background, they mention the Canterbury Bulldogs & Parramatta Eels.
I know it's in September so you could very well be right.

Reactions: Kaz

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Finished Prosper on Stan.

Some great twists. Reminded me of "The Slap" in that some characters who felt sorry for initially turned out to be the biggest arseholes, and others who who disliked you ended feeling some sympathy for.

Its been set up well for a second season if one were to go ahead.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finished Prosper on Stan.

Some great twists. Reminded me of "The Slap" in that some characters who felt sorry for initially turned out to be the biggest arseholes, and others who who disliked you ended feeling some sympathy for.

Its been set up well for a second season if one were to go ahead.
That's on my watch list. Richard Roxburgh is always good value. I'm watching Dr Death S02 now, then going to watch the new season of True Detective. Then Prosper after that.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
81l9Z3RKwsL._RI_.jpg

Two dysfunctional friends who met in college share their lives together trying to adjust to the professional world

One of the funniest shows I've ever seen and an all time favourite that I'm currently rewatching

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
View attachment 102809
Two dysfunctional friends who met in college share their lives together trying to adjust to the professional world

One of the funniest shows I've ever seen and an all time favourite that I'm currently rewatching
That little guy is such a cuck lol

The taller one is a funny ****.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone watched KIN? Great if you like gangster shows based in ireland on SBS demand. It’s a good watch

Wire Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Don't know if you guys get it over there, but currently going through 'Vikings' on Amazon Prime, quality stuff!