• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
How many times do we need to go through this?? As a member of the board of Directors (and this stands for ANY board), the Chairman is elected to speak publically on behalf of the board.

Mortimer spoke outside of this (and incorrectly to), making his position untenable as he had breached his contract and responsbilities as a board member.

He had no other choice.. resign or be stood down.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How many times do we need to go through this?? As a member of the board of Directors (and this stands for ANY board), the Chairman is elected to speak publically on behalf of the board.

Mortimer spoke outside of this (and incorrectly to), making his position untenable as he had breached his contract and responsbilities as a board member.

It's not about resigning or standing down it's about what he said and he was 100% on the money.

N

Natboy

What did he say incorrectly??
Everything he said was right.
We have been taken over by Manly scum and run by a power hungry arab

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes he was right, all Des cares about are some bullshit stats on paper and he thinks if we hit those magical numbers we will just win somehow. It is absolutely insane.

I really hope that the old boys really are getting together to kick Dib and co out at the AGM. It is the only glimmer of hope I can imagine.
I heard bill Harrigan mention during a call that this team has the adv of that team blah blah
He said bluntly
Stats mean nothing! It all comes down to attitude.
This is a ex ref ffs.
Maybe we should make him our coach as mr des stats has lost the plot.

If I was a player- I would be doing a sbw
Get the fuck outta there

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What did he say incorrectly??
Everything he said was right.
We have been taken over by Manly scum and run by a power hungry arab
Something along the lines ...if he stays on . I resign.
Either he goes or I go.
Urged the board to sack him otherwise he cannot support this decision to be retained and will step down

chuckynemo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
And and and.... We finally signed foran after 6 years of chasing him. The **** is useless now probably has 3 slipped discs in his back. But hey all hail des the ultimate recruiter

N

Natboy

Something along the lines ...if he stays on . I resign.
Either he goes or I go.
Urged the board to sack him otherwise he cannot support this decision to be retained and will step down
Yeah I know I'm asking Mr I, who hates Turvey, what he said that was incorrect

Oldsage

Oldsage
Reaction score
Steve Mortimer has more Bulldog passion in his little finger than Des (paid heaps) Hasler has in his whole body. I believe it's time the fans started voting with their feet and boycott Bulldog games. When you look at the big dollars this current Dibb lead board has flushed down the dunny I seen no reason to keep giving them more to spend on the likes of Tony Williams etc etc.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
First grade games for the Bulldogs:

Turvey - 272
Ray Dib - 0

When we won the 84 Premiership, Steve Mortimer was our captain and our illustrious chairman was the Trainer.

Who do you think understands the Bulldogs better - Turvey or the Water Boy?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I am getting tired of saying it but I won't stop until the **** is gone
FUCK YOU DES
Turvey is a true bulldog

Oldsage

Oldsage
Reaction score
First grade games for the Bulldogs:

Turvey - 272
Ray Dib - 0

When we won the 84 Premiership, Steve Mortimer was our captain and our illustrious chairman was the Trainer.

Who do you think understands the Bulldogs better - Turvey or the Water Boy?
You make a very good point, in my opinion he has been promoted beyond his capabilities.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Think about it genius. Is change more likely to happen if 5k rock up to a game or 18k. I'll leave it with you champ
So the board will resign if we average 5000 for the rest of the season? Simply won't happen.

I go to games with my 3 kids and always catch up with a few mates when I'm there. As frustrating as we are to watch at the moment I still wouldn't swap my time watching our bunch of plodders for anything. We celebrate the (very rare) good stuff and we vent and rant about the crappy style of play we are dishing up at the moment. I'm in for better or worse, not just when we're winning and playing good footy. I pride myself on my loyalty to my family, to my mates and to my footy team.

Does spending quality time taking my kids to the footy make me a genius? Absolutely it does.

Calibra

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Of course he was right, the writing has been on the wall for years...

It's like we're in a movie, a comedy, we have this insanely dumb coach throwing stats around about how we will win, and a board that thinks this guy is the answer to a premiership yet, we the fans, have to keep watching this mad and insane failed formula every week with the same excuses when we lose! We start going insane while insane coach keeps doing the same thing over and over, it's just madness!

Everyone can see how backwards we are going on and off the field but those in power...

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I heard bill Harrigan mention during a call that this team has the adv of that team blah blah
He said bluntly
Stats mean nothing! It all comes down to attitude.
This is a ex ref ffs.
Maybe we should make him our coach as mr des stats has lost the plot.

If I was a player- I would be doing a sbw
Get the fuck outta there
Statistics record the past. Every new game is stats free at kick-off.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dib will be re-elected I can see it coming. As long as Dib is chairman, Hasler is coach. As long as Hasler is coach, Mbye is halfback. Foran and Woods may improve things a bit but not much. Not much to look forward to. Good luck to the next CEO.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Of course he was right, all the happy clapper Des fans giving out to everyone else for being "negative" are very quite at the minute....
Im thinking des fans is a very small group of ppl these days. Only ppl who seem to like him are the board who extended this fraudster.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
People need to pay attention when legends like Turvey and Baa speak out. It is not just right its their duty. In no way can I doubt their love for the Dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.