• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
8 months ago, October 13 2016:

Mortimer declared to The Daily Telegraph: “If they want me to resign, I will resign.

“As a director I will go the best way I can in supporting (whatever decision is made).

“But if I had to be asked to renew the new two-year contract I would say, ‘I am sorry, I will have to walk away’.”

I spoke at the last directors’ meeting,” Mortimer said.

“Des Hasler was there. I got some things off my chest. Maybe I said too much but irrespective of that. I was at the meeting, Des was there also.

“Des came up and said stats about this and all that sort of stuff.

“I did say the last game we played, the first half was pretty good, but at the end of the game I saw 13 players playing individually.

“There was no passion. There was no helping each other in that second half. And I complained.”

October 14 2016:

Mortimer resigns.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes he was right, all Des cares about are some bullshit stats on paper and he thinks if we hit those magical numbers we will just win somehow. It is absolutely insane.

I really hope that the old boys really are getting together to kick Dib and co out at the AGM. It is the only glimmer of hope I can imagine.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Of course he was right, all the happy clapper Des fans giving out to everyone else for being "negative" are very quite at the minute....

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fucking oath Turvey was right! It's actually quite sad to think the club has absolutely no ties to those guys that created the culture the club developed through the 80s. Except baa but he is silenced now.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to get our old school players back in the club & board. The bunch we have are not Bulldogs & will never be.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thing is you can pick and chose stats to justify your actions but the guys above des are even more dumb for not counter stating the wanker; that's why des needs to go and so does dib and co. There are plenty of stats that show how good des has been in the past but there's a bunch of stats that show how bad we are and one of the main one is that we are the worst attacking side in the comp and please don't give me that Fuken rubbish about completion

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Turvey is a living legend. Speaking of legends. Baa Baa doesn't seem around the club theses days. Apart from Dymock are there any other former players still supporting the club (not including Grimaldi) ?

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Everybody is saying the same things.. the team and everyone involved in the football program are stuck in a bubble where the players believe there own hype and believe in what Des is saying. Turvey is spot on.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Of course he was.... we shafted a club legend and shafted our own culture in the process.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Turvey had the skills to organise a team and get results. He could read the play; could see opportunities coming, and direct his players into gaps. If anyone can see what our problems are, it's Steve Mortimer. Can't recall how many games Des played for the Dogs.

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mortimer as coach until we find someone decent to take over or even jim dymock

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wish he'd just take notes while watching the game instead of looking at stupid data to manage the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.