Too quiet at the Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that this off season has been the Bulldogs quietest I can remember.

There has been no dramatic discussion about Hodkinson's knee operation because he's gone. Our problem children Loko and Ese'ese have been let loose.

There has been no flapping and squawking about our game breaker signing for 2016; we don't have one.

So I'm wondering when we go into the 2016 season with no flash and glam or fanfare, could this one really be Des's under the radar season?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I've noticed that this off season has been the Bulldogs quietest I can remember.

There has been no dramatic discussion about Hodkinson's knee operation because he's gone. Our problem children Loko and Ese'ese have been let loose.

There has been no flapping and squawking about our game breaker signing for 2016; we don't have one.

So I'm wondering when we go into the 2916 season with no flash and glam or fanfare, could this one really be Des's under the radar season?
Let's worry about 2016 before worrying about what happens in 900 years time,

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you familiar with the term future proofing ?
Lol, I been meaning to bring this up with you, but didn't know how to do so diplomatically in fear of hurting your feelings, but your avatar,
That is way to much uncovered meat,
Lol,

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
Let's worry about 2016 before worrying about what happens in 900 years time,
'2916'...........How did that happen
Dont ask me I'm too old to work out computers.

As far as the 2016 season goes

Expect the worst and hope for the best.

I think just about everyone on the Kennel are waiting with baited breath
what Des has done over the off season that is different from the last that
will transform this player roster into a dominant, forceful premiership contender
for this year.

Heres hoping

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They have all trained the house down and every player has reacted personal best results in there overall fitness,fatigue and endurance.All I'll say is Look out 2016....

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have all trained the house down and every player has reacted personal best results in there overall fitness,fatigue and endurance.All I'll say is Look out 2016....
That's really promising.. That singe guy they brought over from manly must be yielding results.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
That's really promising.. That singe guy they brought over from manly must be yielding results.
and Lobster Grimaldi.

Grimaldi is the teams new Strength and Conditioning Coach, whilst Don Singe is Director of Athletic Performance, so oversees all the trainers and S&CC.

That said I don't think we'll do great next year, and may miss the 8. So many sides have actually improved their teams 2015 weaknesses, and we've done nothing really.

Very keen to see what we do in Auckland 9s this year and if we decide to take it seriously.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2 months to go before round 1 kick off and feeling very underwhelmed .

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm loving the quiet tbh...

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People need to realise we are better off without Hodko
We have two halves that will punch plenty of holes in the defense with their running game
Can both support very well

Last time we had that was 2012 with Reynolds and Keating and basically the same pack except with Klemmer there which is an improvement and Pritchard wasn't that great in 2012 as he was in 2015

Bmoz will only improve
Hoppa will fix our right edge defense

Perett won't play the entire season I reckon

Kasiano looks fitter than ever

Lane and Jackson complement each other very well and trex will be playing for a position and a contract

We will do very well mark my words

Mbye just needs to concentrate on kicking game support play and defense same with Reynolds

Our issue will be around how many we lose to origin and injury

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
and Lobster Grimaldi.

Grimaldi is the teams new Strength and Conditioning Coach, whilst Don Singe is Director of Athletic Performance, so oversees all the trainers and S&CC.

That said I don't think we'll do great next year, and may miss the 8. So many sides have actually improved their teams 2015 weaknesses, and we've done nothing really.
Very keen to see what we do in Auckland 9s this year and if we decide to take it seriously.
If our forwards play with aggression (not thuggery) in attack and defence our overall performance will be a long way better than last year's.

I guess time will tell but it would be great to see our guys go hard for the full 80 minutes as opposed to last year's on/off attitude.

Abzsalam99

Waterboy
Reaction score
People need to realise we are better off without Hodko
We have two halves that will punch plenty of holes in the defense with their running game
Can both support very well

Last time we had that was 2012 with Reynolds and Keating and basically the same pack except with Klemmer there which is an improvement and Pritchard wasn't that great in 2012 as he was in 2015

Bmoz will only improve
Hoppa will fix our right edge defense

Perett won't play the entire season I reckon

Kasiano looks fitter than ever

Lane and Jackson complement each other very well and trex will be playing for a position and a contract

We will do very well mark my words

Mbye just needs to concentrate on kicking game support play and defense same with Reynolds

Our issue will be around how many we lose to origin and injury
No better way of saying it

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Good, less talk and drama is better as it means our club can focus on playing better.

Bloody excellent, thats what I want our players and team to have before trying new games plans and etc.

If you looked at the top 4 teams they all had players who were in better shape and lasted longer, the Cowboys line up was just dudes who were 180cm+, 90kg+ and had no bellys at all with hugging jerseys where it mattered.

and Lobster Grimaldi.

Bar halves our team lacked the fitness and endurance, we finished 7th and nearly 4th if not for a few results so imagine how we will go being very fit finally playing a whole 80 mins still running.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We always talk ourselves up and barely live up to it so Im happy for them to
be qu
iet for once

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im going into this season with no expectations, so I expect them to win it this year lol

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Im going into this season with no expectations, so I expect them to win it this year lol
I expect that every year. Unfortunately I have been disappointed every year too bout time we won the gf it has been too long between drinks!!!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I expect that every year. Unfortunately I have been disappointed every year too bout time we won the gf it has been too long between drinks!!!
Totally agree a win this year would be great , and make the 2 losses look a lot better. I know like yourself I hold out hope every year , but if we are not consumed by injury suspension and origin , we have a chance our halves have to step up moses is on the big dollars now he has no excuse reynolds has let the club down way to much with stupidity.
They have to step up they dont have to be brilliant they just have to be consistently good .

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think we will have an ordinary year unless reynolds/mbye steps up or a chisholm kills it in the halves ,I'm really worried about our kicking game this year and feel its reynolds make or break year ,he's been pretty average and needs to step up or move on

Status
Not open for further replies.