The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I friggin' hate that. The Mrs doesn't understand it either. If we're driving and we're approaching an overtake lane, I'll back off so I can get a run up. Every time without fail she starts screaming at me 'cause I'm not tail gating the guy doing 20 under the speed limit.
End the marriage brother. People are either for or against bad driving and it sounds like she's for it.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
People driving in the right hand lane when there's no other cars or not many on the road.

So fucking annoying.

In a taxi from Melbourne airport to home.
The driver drove in the right hand lane all the way.
I said to him, "mate you should move left"
All he said was "I drive speed limit"

Last edited:

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
People driving in the right hand lane when there's no other cars or not many on the road.

So fucking annoying.

In a taxi from Melbourne airport to home.
The driver drove in the right hand lane all the way.
I said to him, "mate you should move left"
All he said was "I drive speed limit"
I live in Melbourne and have to use the emergency lane or grass divider on the freeway to get around these peasants on a daily basis.

The morons will be doing 20 under the limit and still slam the brakes when they approach a speed camera.

Month and a half ago, driving to work at 6am, 100 on the freeway, 100meters from the hidden speed camera that everyone knows the location of anyway, the cars ahead slammed their brakes so hard that the chain reaction caused every car to slow down to a creep, by the time it got to us, we came to a complete stop.
The guy 2 cars back wasn't paying attention.
4 car pile up later, I have a broken vertebrae, nerve damage through my entire back, shoulder and left arm.

Driving in Melbourne is a lottery everytime you get behind the wheel. Either someone is going to kill you because 90% of them can't drive, or learn to adapt and anticipate every bad move other drivers are going to make around you and manage to avoid them.

(They also think it's normal to take up 2 entire lanes when driving. I'm not even exaggerating that.)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I live in Melbourne and have to use the emergency lane or grass divider on the freeway to get around these peasants on a daily basis.

The morons will be doing 20 under the limit and still slam the brakes when they approach a speed camera.

Month and a half ago, driving to work at 6am, 100 on the freeway, 100meters from the hidden speed camera that everyone knows the location of anyway, the cars ahead slammed their brakes so hard that the chain reaction caused every car to slow down to a creep, by the time it got to us, we came to a complete stop.
The guy 2 cars back wasn't paying attention.
4 car pile up later, I have a broken vertebrae, nerve damage through my entire back, shoulder and left arm.

Driving in Melbourne is a lottery everytime you get behind the wheel. Either someone is going to kill you because 90% of them can't drive, or learn to adapt and anticipate every bad move other drivers are going to make around you and manage to avoid them.

(They also think it's normal to take up 2 entire lanes when driving. I'm not even exaggerating that.)
Sounds like driving in New York. Driving there you have to have to constantly pull off stunt moves to avoid crashing and people constantly sit in two lanes. It's like the lane markers are just there as a suggestion.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Sounds like driving in New York. Driving there you have to have to constantly pull off stunt moves to avoid crashing and people constantly sit in two lanes. It's like the lane markers are just there as a suggestion.
I hate asking for an extra hot coffee and getting it luke warm.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I hate asking for an extra hot coffee and getting it luke warm.
Yep. I get this all the time. It's barista training that causes it. They teach them not to heat milk over 65 degrees so they don't burn it. So they heat the milk. Then they make the coffee, then they put it in a cold cup. By the time you get it you're lucky if it's over 30 degrees.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Yep. I get this all the time. It's barista training that causes it. They teach them not to heat milk over 65 degrees so they don't burn it. So they heat the milk. Then they make the coffee, then they put it in a cold cup. By the time you get it you're lucky if it's over 30 degrees.
That's what I hate. I remember I went to this coffee shop, always asked for it extra hot, always got it luke warm. Then, one day I said "extra extra hot" and it came out even cooler than that. I went to another shop the next day and they made it to perfection. They actually made it hot so they needed to use 2 disposable cups so it was bearable to hold - that's how you know they've done it right.

I happened to walk passed the guy who used to take my orders and he said "I haven't you around much lately" and I said "Yeah, I went to a barista who listens to me when I place an order" - the look on his face was priceless lol.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Suns up, trouble make, hate ***** like that

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The thing that really fucking grinds my gears is 13-16 year old boys that hang around claiming there parts of all these gangs and carry knifes and do weed. Like ***** your fucking balls haven't even dropped yet.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The thing that really fucking grinds my gears is 13-16 year old boys that hang around claiming there parts of all these gangs and carry knifes and do weed. Like ***** your fucking balls haven't even dropped yet.
I'm totally against violence, but some little ***** need a god almightly flogging, because their parents never disciplined them growing up.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm totally against violence, but some little ***** need a god almightly flogging, because their parents never disciplined them growing up.
Went to pick up a mate who lives in the wetherill park area and we were waiting outside a KFC for another mate on tuesday night before a bunch of kids maybe 15 years old all dressed up in Nautica, tns, bumbags and the lot came up to us 2 threatening to knife us and all that garbage because we made eye contact with them once, and I couldn't help but laugh and then they said "wait until the assyrian kings hear about this" that's when I couldn't control my laughter.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Went to pick up a mate who lives in the wetherill park area and we were waiting outside a KFC for another mate on tuesday night before a bunch of kids maybe 15 years old all dressed up in Nautica, tns, bumbags and the lot came up to us 2 threatening to knife us and all that garbage because we made eye contact with them once, and I couldn't help but laugh and then they said "wait until the assyrian kings hear about this" that's when I couldn't control my laughter.
Fkn lol no such thing as "Assyrian Kings" anymore. Plus I guarantee if AK was still around they would deck those little pieces of shit before they finished their sentence lol

These little ***** probably were born here but act like they are straight out of Baghdad.

PS next time give them a mad bitch slap and say "khoosh massil ibnil gahba" (go and get fucked you son of a slut) lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Wiggas or Hektics?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What grinds my gears is living in a mulitculural country but having a high concentration of the same overseas culture in one area.
My son goes to school in Bexley as its the closest selective school 98% are Asian background and so he's the minority. Not only that but they only offer Japanese language and focus on Asian studies. Anyhow he got in trouble one day when the teacher asked to name a city in China and he said hurstville.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What grinds my gears is living in a mulitculural country but having a high concentration of the same overseas culture in one area.
My son goes to school in Bexley as its the closest selective school 98% are Asian background and so he's the minority. Not only that but they only offer Japanese language and focus on Asian studies. Anyhow he got in trouble one day when the teacher asked to name a city in China and he said hurstville.
Yeah I share your frustration Wolf, I don't like how I can go to same suburbs in Australia where most people don't understand English. I love going to certain countries where everyone is on the same wave length.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I share your frustration Wolf, I don't like how I can go to same suburbs in Australia where most people don't understand English. I love going to certain countries where everyone is on the same wave length.
Yeah it's shit because its definitely not multicultural .
Im seriously thinking about moving him to another school. People think I'm racist but that's not my motivation. I just want him to grow up in a more Aussie environment. He's a smart kid so he'll do well anywhere doesn't need to grow up around rote taught students who are micromanaged by their parents and in turn affects his social development .
These kids parents are ridiculous, they'll let their kids travel over 15km by train and buses to get to school every morning but won't let them even go out to the movies in the school holidays with their school mates.. Fmd

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Fuck... the perfect storm.

I'm not suprised he got in trouble. The correct answers would be Epping, or Chatswood.

These kids parents are ridiculous, they'll let their kids travel over 15km by train and buses to get to school every morning but won't let them even go out to the movies in the school holidays with their school mates.. Fmd
That's because if they get anything less than 99/100 for their HSC, they have "brought great shame on family".

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not suprised he got in trouble. The correct answers would be Epping, or Chatswood.

That's because if they get anything less than 99/100 for their HSC, they have "brought great shame on family".
That just made me LOL