The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Winter is the only time I can sleep without the fan on. It's glorious

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I lived around there until a few years ago. We struggled with parking 'cause people always parked out side our house but the worst part was the parents dropping their kids at school. Due to the lack of parking they would usually park across our driveway.

While we were there we had a tree collapse across our driveway and our house. I came home at lunchtime one day to grab some food. All the street parking was gone so I parked in the driveway just enough to block part of the sidewalk. Still plenty of room for people to walk passed. Went into the house to grab food and the moment I walked into the kitchen I heard a knock at the door. Ranger was standing there with a $200 ticket for parking across the sidewalk. I pointed to the massive tree that took up the entire driveway and half the house and he said, "Sorry, didn't see that"

Funniest part is that we had a second driveway there but a car was parked across it. The ranger didn't bother fining them.
What an effing grub. Reminds me of the guy on the news the other day (I saw an ad it might have been ACA) where some people found an inspector parked illegally and were filming him. Inspector was laughing. They are the worst people ever.

Did you fight the fine? I would have fought that for sure, what are you supposed to do with a fallen tree there?

Ahhh mate Epping is a mess of a place. I used to do a lot of work around there (had about 5 clients in that area), plus worked there for 12 months near the station. Absolute joke trying to park anywhere around the area.
It is a massive problem caused by how terrible our public transport is. People from Parra (because you cannot park at Parra station at all), Carlingford (because that line is a huge joke) and everywhere in between and around Epping all go to Epping station. The buses are a crap option because they get stuck on Carlingford or Beecroft/Epping Road so it really is best to park. But there is basically no parking so it sprawls out kilometres away from the station in all directions. It would do my absolute head in if I lived there.

The only issue at my house is when the god damn Parra Eels have a day where they invite all of their fans to come to their training ground. That results in my street being full, and not just full of regular people, but full of Parra fans. It's a nightmare. I just shut my curtains and try to forget what is going on outside until they all leave.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What an effing grub. Reminds me of the guy on the news the other day (I saw an ad it might have been ACA) where some people found an inspector parked illegally and were filming him. Inspector was laughing. They are the worst people ever.

Did you fight the fine? I would have fought that for sure, what are you supposed to do with a fallen tree there?
Tried to fight it but basically had to take a full day off work and provide statements from the local council, rental board, landlord, etc, to get the fine rescinded. Didn't have time for that.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Tried to fight it but basically had to take a full day off work and provide statements from the local council, rental board, landlord, etc, to get the fine rescinded. Didn't have time for that.
The system works

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Todays quote:
"It takes a small amount of work to be a good person, but takes nothing to be a ****!"

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Dear Winter,

FUCK OFF!!!

My hatred for winter and the cold has now increased as the weather is at that point where my knee and shoulder joints start giving me grief... knee mainly.
Reminds me of the times I play games on my computer in winter. After a hour or so of gameplay, I stand up and BAM. Feels like arthritis. Not fun. I'm not even a big gamer or anything, just play it when I'm bored.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
People with Alzheimer's who don't seek professional advice.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Jewel encrusted stainless steel butt plug. Who actually looks at that and thinks "Nothing can possibly go wrong?"

I saw one last week where a woman was badly injured when a fidget spinner got caught up her. Her excuse was that she was vacuuming naked and the fidget spinner just spun then shot up there.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Jewel encrusted stainless steel butt plug. Who actually looks at that and thinks "Nothing can possibly go wrong?"

I saw one last week where a woman was badly injured when a fidget spinner got caught up her. Her excuse was that she was vacuuming naked and the fidget spinner just spun then shot up there.
Both were fake regional news :|

Then again there's much proof on the internet (shock videos which won't get posted here), of people doing the old "seemed like a good idea at the time.. backfired in spectacular fashion".

Wahesh

Reaction score
It happened to me against this morning. A packed lift and there's ONE PERSON (who just happened to be standing next to me) eating something. A breakfast pastry of some sort. It's awkwardly quiet and the only sound you can hear is this person chewing. Even though she was a hot blonde, I was still burning at hearing that sound. GRRRRRRRRRR

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People who overuse or wrongly use the word 'like' in sentences.

I was like ".........." And she was like"........".

Is it so hard to be concise. To say something "was like" implies that it was similar to. If you are recalling a conversation is it so hard to say "I said" and "she said".

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Those fucking Asians. I LITRELLY ALMOST HAD 3 ACCIDENTS TODAY ALONE BECAUSE OF THE BLIND BASTARDS. No I'm not even joking Asians have obstructed vision.

1. Ok so I'm leaving my house driving until there is an intersection. There is a blatant stop sign right in front of her ugly face but she just drives through like the careless person she is! THE STUPID BLIND OBLIVIOUS **** DOESN'T STOP + IT'S MY RIGHT OF WAY!

2. I am driving up a narrow road at the northern beaches and this stupid Asian narcissist is coming from the opposite direction. He is driving straight then he suddenly starts swerving. No it's not a lebbo on his phone it's an Asian in a tank.

3. On the way home while I was 4 blocks away from home I was on a main road. This old pethetic fart is driving at 35 miles an hour. Then suddenly she starts randomly breaking at this point I was instigated so I screamed from my window. "HURRY THE FUCK UP". She screams " do mah" (FUCK YOU). So I drive up her ass then overtake her by 1 CM!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Commies trying to justify a law that does not even exist, why is the public being instructed?
Because they are corrupt and liable.

Wahesh

Reaction score
3. On the way home while I was 4 blocks away from home I was on a main road. This old pethetic fart is driving at 35 miles an hour. Then suddenly she starts randomly breaking at this point I was instigated so I screamed from my window. "HURRY THE FUCK UP". She screams " do mah" (FUCK YOU). So I drive up her ass then overtake her by 1 CM!
35 miles per hour? That's 55km. What is this? America?