The case for Aaron Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet he leads the stat of being the 2nd prop to make a run in a set of 6.

His stats are bloated as his fellow forwards do that hard run to give momentum .

I bet he is last in stats as being the first forward or prop to make a hit up in a set of 6.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Woods has been at the club 5 mins and it would almost be unprecedented to move him now. Sure he hasn’t lived up to his billing but I honestly believe if we move him others will think twice before signing with us. Woods signed a contract with us in good faith. I’m sure he had other options and we didn’t have to offer him that much money. We also don’t know what affect doing a dirty on him will have on his buddy Klemmer.

If we are cap compliant we should just honour the deals we have. We should only have 4 expensive players next year anyway in Foran, Klemmer, Jackson and Woods
We have already forced two influential players out in the last year, we might as well go all in and get the club back on track ASAP and get Woods out of the picture. Foran is a fucking lost cause, can't believe we're stuck with this ****.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I bet he leads the stat of being the 2nd prop to make a run in a set of 6.

His stats are bloated as his fellow forwards do that hard run to give momentum .

I bet he is last in stats as being the first forward or prop to make a hit up in a set of 6.
Interesting thought. I would guess you are onto something here. Never thought about it before but I can't remember him taking the fist hit up of a set much.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Woods was a royal fuck up from the start, we wanted Tedesco and Brooks, we ended up with the cat.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Woods is not the issue its his price . He is a good front rower that gets metres and is a rep player. Paying him 900k is the issue no front rower is worth that coin.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Woods is not the issue its his price . He is a good front rower that gets metres and is a rep player. Paying him 900k is the issue no front rower is worth that coin.
EX rep player ;)

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Now Paul Gallen memtions the possibility of Woods being on $900k and us chipping in $400k for him to play at Sharks.
Now I know he is just guessing but we cannot possibly be paying for him to play elsewhere. If we do the club can go and get fukked. We will be back where we started.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
agreed, he's a good player, but ultimately wasn't needed. Especially at $900k a year.
Should have signed a lesser known for a quarter of that price, but hindsight is always 20/20

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only reason we should release him is to reinvest heavily into our spine which is and has been our MAIN problem for years. We now have Mybes money and potentially Woods. There are 2 superstar players that fit the bill. But theres a catch the club needs to piss off the no dickheads policy and sign Barba and Norman both to 3 year deals; they both still under 30. These 2 will fix our spine and they are both a realist chance of coming if we make them an offer. No point on using Woods and Mbyes money to buy outside backs if our spine is still shit. Fix the spine and just put kids in outside backs. Id also sign Roobie Farah to a minimum wage 1 year deal.

Last edited:

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My team for next year.

1. Barba
2. Montoya
3. Olive
4. Hoppa
5. Holland (gk)
6. Norman
7. Foran
8. Tolman
9. Farah
10. Klemmer
11. Martin
12. RFM
13. Jackson (c)

14. JMK
15. Danny.F
16. Elliott
17. Renouf

This team is realist sign Farah Norman Barba with Woods and Mbyes money. This team will fix all our problems and give us a real chance to be a contender. It fixes our spine, our goal kicking and general kicking game. Plus it takes heaps of pressure off Foran which may make him play better.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why would you ruin our young players by bringing in Barba and Norman? They would teach them all the wrong habits. Yeah they may show glimpses of greatness on the park but when it’s all said and done they will be destructive to the squad off it.

I agree we don’t need to invest Woods money back into props but into the spine but stay away from those 3 dickheads (Farah as well) not worth the hassle.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My team for next year.

1. Barba
2. Montoya
3. Olive
4. Hoppa
5. Holland (gk)
6. Norman
7. Foran
8. Tolman
9. Farah
10. Klemmer
11. Martin
12. RFM
13. Jackson (c)

14. JMK
15. Danny.F
16. Elliott
17. Renouf

This team is realist sign Farah Norman Barba with Woods and Mbyes money. This team will fix all our problems and give us a real chance to be a contender. It fixes our spine, our goal kicking and general kicking game. Plus it takes heaps of pressure off Foran which may make him play better.
Crighton miles ahead of montoya.....
That spine is alot more threatening though

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
How does he carry the tigers forward pack on his own for several years then come here and not perform? I think he is going ok, it's just not showing because we as a team are shot and he has no support players around him ready for his offload. It's like Pay hasn't even given it a thought and said hey fellas, you know woodsy has an offload, so I want you following his hit ups so when he pops one out, we have an opportunity to score or get some second phase play and make some good metres. I hate to say it, bit I think we are a poorly coached team.
100% we are a poorly coached team.
But we hired a rookie coach with a lot of uncertainty in the playing ranks.
Not a good combination.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
[QUOTE="gildaddy, post: 3358899, member: 24057", butter fingers Hoppa[/QUOTE]

????? He has good hands.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woodsy is just fucking lazy. If they want him pay full freight. 900k props are reserved for the cream of the crop not fat lazy neckbeards.

900k? Gimme Fifita. 900k? Gimme Jason tomololo. 900k? Gimme packer and maturing. 900k? Gimme Paul Vaughn. 900k? Rcg

The list goes on. He is overrated, not worth his price tag and excess to stock.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How does he carry the tigers forward pack on his own for several years then come here and not perform? I think he is going ok, it's just not showing because we as a team are shot and he has no support players around him ready for his offload. It's like Pay hasn't even given it a thought and said hey fellas, you know woodsy has an offload, so I want you following his hit ups so when he pops one out, we have an opportunity to score or get some second phase play and make some good metres. I hate to say it, bit I think we are a poorly coached team.
Great question. There is no doubting Woods can play. The question is why isn't he performing. To lay blame on the coach is unfair in my opinion for 2 reasons. Firstly, do you honestly believe that an ex player of Pay's level with his coaching experience really doesn't know Woods has an offload and would actively discourage support play? Secondly in watching the team with same players we have had for a few seasons, other than Reynolds, who is now gone, was or is there a player who has ever supported play? The answer is Tolman only. How does Pay change this? This can't be coached, it's an attitude thing. The current players just don't have it.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would you ruin our young players by bringing in Barba and Norman? They would teach them all the wrong habits. Yeah they may show glimpses of greatness on the park but when it’s all said and done they will be destructive to the squad off it.

I agree we don’t need to invest Woods money back into props but into the spine but stay away from those 3 dickheads (Farah as well) not worth the hassle.
If they win us a comp would it be worth the hassle?

Status
Not open for further replies.