The case for Aaron Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why would you ruin our young players by bringing in Barba and Norman? They would teach them all the wrong habits. Yeah they may show glimpses of greatness on the park but when it’s all said and done they will be destructive to the squad off it.

I agree we don’t need to invest Woods money back into props but into the spine but stay away from those 3 dickheads (Farah as well) not worth the hassle.
Where has our "No Dickhead" policy got us?

Some of the best players are dickheads.

Norman and Barba would be just what we needed. I don't care what happens off the park. As long as they perform they can carry on however they want.

And by the way who are the young players you are worried about? It doesn't look like we have a champion crop coming through does it?

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Norman and Barba would be just what we needed. I don't care what happens off the park. As long as they perform they can carry on however they want.

And by the way who are the young players you are worried about? It doesn't look like we have a champion crop coming through does it?
Great post dude. Absolutely spot on. Just sign Barba and Norman ffs.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crighton miles ahead of montoya.....
That spine is alot more threatening though
Yeah you are probably right about Montoya. But to be honest I couldn't give a shit about our outside backs. Just fix the spine.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woodsy is just fucking lazy. If they want him pay full freight. 900k props are reserved for the cream of the crop not fat lazy neckbeards.

900k? Gimme Fifita. 900k? Gimme Jason tomololo. 900k? Gimme packer and maturing. 900k? Gimme Paul Vaughn. 900k? Rcg

The list goes on. He is overrated, not worth his price tag and excess to stock.
Gimme Bromwich too

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm sure if you put up Tolman's stats they would look pretty good as well. If you are on the outa with the Kennel it doesn't matter really.
I agree with one poster who said the forwards are playing well enough for us to win games it is the spine that is not performing. I would not have brought Woods to the club but can understand why it seemed a good idea at the time. We needed a high performing half back and got Foran who's heart is strong but his body is stuffed. To me it's like watching my grand mother playing first grade I cringe every time he gets tackled but he gingerly gets up and staggers back into line to try again 10mins later.

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
100% we are a poorly coached team.
But we hired a rookie coach with a lot of uncertainty in the playing ranks.
Not a good combination.
If we’re poorly coached , what on earth were we last year with an experienced coach ?

You can’t make the same argument when comparing 2 coaches with similar results

The common denominator is the players at our disposal .

For those that can see through the crap and not be seduced by their own agendas will see the playing roster is absolute rubbish and the team is not balanced .

I’m reserved on Pay’s credentials but laying the boot into a rookie coach left to deal with the clubs poorest retention and recruitment policies ever seen is just a cop out .

A few factors should instil true supporters with confidence moving forward .

1. Identified the rubbish contracts given to players and making immediate steps to rectify the problem. I for one would be prepared to suffer 2-3 yrs of heartache rather than 10 yrs of mediocrity if it means laying foundations to re-establishing us as a force

2. Pay has worked with plenty of juniors over the yrs and for a club on the rebuild you probably wouldn’t want any other coach right now

The reservation with pay is whether he can bring the best out of players and get them playing to their potential but until the mess is cleaned up and the team rebuilt it’s hard to be critical of him when he’s trying to find the players suitable to build on

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Have you ever played team sports ? It’s very hard to win anything if you have a couple of ‘stars’ who don’t take responsibility and set a poor standard of the park. Barba and Norman are guys who have got the big pay checks and that’s all they are looking for now and they are not stars. They are good football players but they are hardly worth the risk of dismantling everything Pay and Anderson are working towards.
We aren’t going to see good results for a couple of years until our next crop of juniors come through but setting an example of training hard and being a responsible adult outside of football starts now and those two guys are the poster kids of what not to turn out like. I’m all for what the new admin is doing and that’s building our juniors up and setting a culture of being proud to be a bulldog once again.

Fuck signing overpaid duds who have no respect for the jersey.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He's ok. Contributes a lot more to the club than your average Kennel shit talker.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The bloke has cost us at least three games that I have seen this year giving away stupid fucking penalty’s at crucial times in matches he’s a dud and always has been you can put up all the stats you like but he constantly kills our momentum and puts extra pressure on the side for school boy errors.Sharon isn’t a bulldogs areshole

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you ever played team sports ? It’s very hard to win anything if you have a couple of ‘stars’ who don’t take responsibility and set a poor standard of the park. Barba and Norman are guys who have got the big pay checks and that’s all they are looking for now and they are not stars. They are good football players but they are hardly worth the risk of dismantling everything Pay and Anderson are working towards.
We aren’t going to see good results for a couple of years until our next crop of juniors come through but setting an example of training hard and being a responsible adult outside of football starts now and those two guys are the poster kids of what not to turn out like. I’m all for what the new admin is doing and that’s building our juniors up and setting a culture of being proud to be a bulldog once again.

Fuck signing overpaid duds who have no respect for the jersey.
Dumb post. If you dont think Barba and Norman are both superstars and top 5 players in there respectively positions then you have no idea about rugby league. These 2 will bring us sucess straight away not 3 or years down the track. Coggar and Meaney may be good players down the track but they are not going to cut it for us. If we go into next year with a spine of meaney foran coggar jmk just give us the spoon now. Why wait 3 or 4 years when Barba and Norman will bring us sucess straight away.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Dumb post. If you dont think Barba and Norman are both superstars and top 5 players in there respectively positions then you have no idea about rugby league. These 2 will bring us sucess straight away not 3 or years down the track. Coggar and Meaney may be good players down the track but they are not going to cut it for us. If we go into next year with a spine of meaney foran coggar jmk just give us the spoon now. Why wait 3 or 4 years when Barba and Norman will bring us sucess straight away.
Pfft.....Norman's team currently sits below ours on the ladder and most of his teammates apparently can't stand him. How da fuq is a bell end like that going to bring us success? Barba has proven to be erratic, volatile and unreliable too. We're much better off trying to build something sustainable rather than looking for the quick fix.

Last edited:

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Stats never did des any good at our club and they won't do any favours for "Balsa" Woods.

If he really was as good as the stats say, why was RCG picked over him? Simple, impact. Every time RCG grabs the ball, I see his run at full pelt and with intent to damage the line so his backline can get opportunities.

Balsa boy has done that once or twice this season. Sure his stats are great but the runs give little impact when compared to other props at such a high price. I would back woods 100% if he ran harder and did not make so many dumb errors or penalties.

Pay said is best. We are going to rebuild the club around the likes of Klemmer and Jackson.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pfft.....Norman's team currently sits below ours on the ladder and most of his teammates apparently can't stand him. How da fuq is a bell end like that going to bring us success? Barba has proved to be erratic, volatile and unreliable too. We're much better off trying to build something sustainable rather than looking for the quick fix.
Signing those 2 smells of desperation. Player managers will hold us over the coals with future transfers if we do this.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we’re poorly coached , what on earth were we last year with an experienced coach ?

For those that can see through the crap and not be seduced by their own agendas will see the playing roster is absolute rubbish and the team is not balanced .

I’m reserved on Pay’s credentials but laying the boot into a rookie coach left to deal with the clubs poorest retention and recruitment policies ever seen is just a cop out .

1. Identified the rubbish contracts given to players and making immediate steps to rectify the problem. I for one would be prepared to suffer 2-3 yrs of heartache rather than 10 yrs of mediocrity if it means laying foundations to re-establishing us as a force

2. Pay has worked with plenty of juniors over the yrs and for a club on the rebuild you probably wouldn’t want any other coach right now

The reservation with pay is whether he can bring the best out of players and get them playing to their potential but until the mess is cleaned up and the team rebuilt it’s hard to be critical of him when he’s trying to find the players suitable to build on
Brilliant post mate! 100% agree.

A carpenter can't build you the structure of your house without his tools.
Give him his tools first, then we can see if he's a good builder or not.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pfft.....Norman's team currently sits below ours on the ladder and most of his teammates apparently can't stand him. How da fuq is a bell end like that going to bring us success? Barba has proven to be erratic, volatile and unreliable too. We're much better off trying to build something sustainable rather than looking for the quick fix.
Just like panthers 5 year plan huh? Or wait is it 7 years now or 8 years goodluck waiting that long for something that may or may not happen. The sharks bought Maloney Barba Ennis and won the comp in there 1st year together. Barba and Norman may do the same for us. Btw Normans team is shit due to there fowards. We dont have that problem.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Those are some poor excuses imo. Pay has showed absolutely fuck all as a coach and i can't wait to see the back of him.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Seriously? Our "no dickheads" policy has got us off the canvas both in terms of recruitment attractiveness and securing sponsorships. No-one, absolutely no-one was prepared to sign up with us after all the rubbish that went on with those clowns Mason, SBW, Matua and company. We couldn't recruit anyone better than a hasbeen thug. We had to change our reputation or risk going out the back door. It's all good and well to equate a single theme with apparent inability to win a comp but it doesn't seem to have hurt the Storm too much going with the same policy. Conversely how is the pick every dickhead in the world policy going for the Eels? 33 years and counting.....

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously? Our "no dickheads" policy has got us off the canvas both in terms of recruitment attractiveness and securing sponsorships. No-one, absolutely no-one was prepared to sign up with us after all the rubbish that went on with those clowns Mason, SBW, Matua and company. We couldn't recruit anyone better than a hasbeen thug. We had to change our reputation or risk going out the back door. It's all good and well to equate a single theme with apparent inability to win a comp but it doesn't seem to have hurt the Storm too much going with the same policy. Conversely how is the pick every dickhead in the world policy going for the Eels? 33 years and counting.....
Very good point

I went to a luncheon back in 2009 where Todd Greenburg was the guest speaker. He explained just how "off" the bulldogs were with sponsors and the community at that time. We couldnt get a sponsor so the club advertised for "Camp Quality" on their jerseys. This was done to raise awareness for Camp Quality and to get donations for them. The club received no money from them.

But heres the kicker. Camp Quality actually rejected the dogs at the time because of their bad name. The club wanted to help them and raise funds for them but they didnt want anything to do with the club. Greenburg eventually got them to agree. Goes to show how dire it was back then

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
When exactly did the Dogs scrap the "no dickhead" policy?

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The way the fat dog gives up when he lets a line break through. At least Tolman chases everyone's line breaks

Status
Not open for further replies.