Stephen Crichton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let’s be real here, the Panthers have the magic we use to have back in 2001 2002, they have a great leader in young Cleary, a great production line of juniors pouring through that absolutely love the club and they all love where they’re playing footy, plus they’re all coming through together as mates and want to win for each other ..

We had this culture back when Panthers wished they were us … and it’s these exact points the negative @04 Dreaming and @Flanagun ***** don’t understand, it takes time to build back this type of winning culture ,, it comes from having stability within the management and the focus on the juniors to build it …. 2 GF’s in the lower grades proves Goulds slowly heading us in the right direction & has the right type of people in charge to get us there … hence the have some patience comments, and see the bigger picture ..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I get what you're saying. But Burton was always an average defender who was hidden in the centres. At 5/8th he's being exposed more. Whereas Critta plays way harder and has way better technique..

Obviously the culture/lack of we've had and whether Ciraldo can coach this team to its potential now is the main question.
He is a brilliant player and any coach would be estatic to have him on board and its now on CC to maintain the guys influence on game results.

He should be a huge positive influence on the team :grinning:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I get what you're saying. But Burton was always an average defender who was hidden in the centres. At 5/8th he's being exposed more. Whereas Critta plays way harder and has way better technique..

Obviously the culture/lack of we've had and whether Ciraldo can coach this team to its potential now is the main question.
I'm not gonna lie. Critta was brilliant tonight, but after the last few alleged elite signings I'm just not getting myself too excited about this one either. I think Marley is on point about the importance of the Panfer system.

Yes what a miserable old bastard I am!

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm still uncertain about how he goes at fullback but if he plays centre he's shown the last few years and especially this year that he has great leadership qualities and makes game changing plays in attack and defence.

So I think he's less of a risk because of how hard he competes on every play.
My preference is for him to play center as i think it is an important position especially in defense, but i think he would handle fullback with ease as well.

He is a real pro at 23/24 years of age who has done it all ... fantastic signing in my view.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm not gonna lie. Critta was brilliant tonight, but after the last few alleged elite signings I'm just not getting myself too excited about this one either. I think Marley is on point about the importance of the Panfer system.

Yes what a miserable old bastard I am!
Critta is not winning a GF next year. But if he is part of a start on changing the tide of our rubbish culture and abysmal confidence levels, he will be worth it.

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He'll be a plus + to our team.

Let's all be positive. Next year is a long way away.

Go the doggies :hearteyes:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My preference is for him to play center as i think it is an important position especially in defense, but i think he would handle fullback with ease as well.

He is a real pro at 23/24 years of age who has done it all ... fantastic signing in my view.
Yeah I'd rather he play centre too as he's a sure thing there and he can cover a lot of players defensive flaws from there. He still has way bigger impact on games than most centres. Either way I'm glad we've signed him and I couldn't be more impressed with the level he's gone to this season in particular.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Critta is not winning a GF next year. But if he is part of a start on changing the tide of our rubbish culture and abysmal confidence levels, he will be worth it.
He'll definitely be an improvement on the current state of play.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Second best player behind Cleary to turn the game. We got a gun player. He’ll help elevate Burton back to his best.
First part is right.
Second part unfortunately has no hope.
The sooner Burton realises he is not a 5/8ths areshole the better

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Un
I think he's good but massively overrated. He has had the easiest job in the world at the Panthers and has only ever experienced success as a footballer. How anyone can believe he is going to turn things around is beyond me. He isn't established as a fullback and as a centre there's only so much he can do in a side like ours. He s basically going to lose more games in one season with us than his entre career. I can see this coming from a mile a way and like I said so many on here just haven't learnt.
Unfortunately, I have to agree with you in that he will experience more losses with us than his entire career and he is limited with what he can do to change out team, but he is certainly part of the solution and not the problem.

There are others in our team who think they have a mortgage in a position, who should look in the mirror.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
First part is right.
Second part unfortunately has no hope.
The sooner Burton realises he is not a 5/8ths areshole the better
Why? Who’s taking his place ?

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think he's good but massively overrated. He has had the easiest job in the world at the Panthers and has only ever experienced success as a footballer. How anyone can believe he is going to turn things around is beyond me. He isn't established as a fullback and as a centre there's only so much he can do in a side like ours. He s basically going to lose more games in one season with us than his entre career. I can see this coming from a mile a way and like I said so many on here just haven't learnt.
So what do you expect the club to do? don’t buy quality players that can help better the club or just buy shit until our juniors develop?