Stephen Crichton

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yep sad but true at the moment. Haven’t given up on him and still think he can be an out an out star but has a long way to go. I think the multiple penalties that didn’t find touch shit me the most for someone with “such a big boot”.
I'm eager to see his kicking form next season. If the coach hasn't identified it as an area that needs significant improvement then may god have mercy on us all.
Hopefully if this disastrous year has taught a guy like Burton anything is that talent/potential isn't enough to cut in this business.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm eager to see his kicking form next season. If the coach hasn't identified it as an area that needs significant improvement then may god have mercy on us all.
Hopefully if this disastrous year has taught a guy like Burton anything is that talent/potential isn't enough to cut in this business.
The "coach" is part of the problem when he thinks he is the best kicker.

Hopefully someone gives him a dose of reality and Burton pulls his finger out finally.

soc123_au

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Every game Crichton played fullback for the Panthers he played exceptionally well. In fact I remember on one occasion Cooper Cronk claimed Penrith had a problem because now they had 2 fullbacks.
I'll take things that never happened for $1000.00

I love Critta and I think he can make a decent fullback if given the time, But he hasn't shown much there in the limited chances he has had, the only reason I'd back him is his exceptional attitude and work ethic.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The "coach" is part of the problem when he thinks he is the best kicker.

Hopefully someone gives him a dose of reality and Burton pulls his finger out finally.
He's the source of the problem for sure. Players were copping relentless criticism this year and fairly due to the results.
Yet the coach was getting none but praise for the most part which wasn't fair. Ciraldo seemed totally oblivious to simple things like kick chase and the importance of field position etc... let's just throw up bombs because it looks cool when the ball bounces on the 40m line (face slap) and hope we get the ball back.

Dammit

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He's the source of the problem for sure. Players were copping relentless criticism this year and fairly due to the results.
Yet the coach was getting none but praise for the most part which wasn't fair. Ciraldo seemed totally oblivious to simple things like kick chase and the importance of field position etc... let's just throw up bombs because it looks cool when the ball bounces on the 40m line (face slap) and hope we get the ball back.

Dammit
Ciro should have been held as much accountable as the players for sure and included himself in the wash up of our poor year.

Saw someone was worrield about Man U Manager bagging and undermining of his players and worried how that would affect their relationship and them 100% playing for him...then coupled with Gus bagging the players and their soft extended holiday break...hope it doesn't cause any problems with the roster this year as well bc we def don't need it.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ciro should have been held as much accountable as the players for sure and included himself in the wash up of our poor year.

Saw someone was worrield about Man U Manager bagging and undermining of his players and worried how that would affect their relationship and them 100% playing for him...then coupled with Gus bagging the players and their soft extended holiday break...hope it doesn't cause any problems with the roster this year as well bc we def don't need it.
Him and Phull used the get out of jail free card to full effect and it'd be very disappointing to see them play that card again next time losses add up significantly.

It didn't look like any players were playing got their coach or GM by 2/3 way through the year.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Him and Phull used the get out of jail free card to full effect and it'd be very disappointing to see them play that card again next time losses add up significantly.

It didn't look like any players were playing got their coach or GM by 2/3 way through the year.
I damned well hope the side plays for their coach next year.
Also hope we have a good run with injuries so we've half a chance of seeing the side play together.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

We need a vast improvement on '23 and all parties working together for the best advantage of the club.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
most defensive issues come from the inside players/defenders. Centres/wingers are paid the least for a reason. I think wingers are more important than centres in today's game.
That's the point ... centers have to deal with all sorts of problems coming their way ... why do you think Critta's defense receives so much praise?

It was not that long ago a glamour position which has fallen down the pecking order of late, however i can sense a revival of sorts. Brisbane's centers were close to best on the ground in the GF and the likes of Bennett obviously rate the position spending big money $600k on Alverillo and no doubt more on Farnsworth.

The fact that someone like Slater thinks Critta should start at center is telling.