Squad is as much to blame as Hasler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
And who is involved in the structuring of those. Interacts. Do you think the club would psyvicers for clubs if Des didn't tell them to? Do you think coaches don't have a very strong say in such things? Especially ones whose gobtracts afford them as much control as Hasler.

Responsibility squarely rests with Hasler. There is nobody else to blame from a rational point of view.
Agreed 100%. Hasler has had more than enough time to build a strong team but the bloke has gone backwards every year that he has been at the helm. 2012: Minor premierships in 3 grades, 2017: Overpaid players who couldn't give a shit about anything else other than their pay packet. The club is a shadow of its former self.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
SACK LIST/ LEAVE LIST

Hopoate
Josh Reynolds
Graham
Tolman
Lichaa
Eastwood
Kasiano( we need proper fit players that can go for 60 minutes+ )
Elliot
Brett Morris
Josh Morris. There time is over sell them.

KEEP

Holland( he is ok but will not see first grade unless a player is injured )
Montoya
Abbey
Mybe( reduce salary and slot at centre )
Jackson
RFM
Fualolo
Brenko( improve his defence but keep in reserve grade )

And the others

4. Mybe
5. Montoya
11. Jackson
12. RFM
13. Renouf to omaga

14. Fualolo

Who could fill the gaps

1. Tedesco
4. Mybe
5. Montoya
6. Moses
7. Foran
8. Shannon Boyd
10. Woods
11. Jackson
12. Pappali
13. Renouf to omaga

14. Fualolo
15. Tualou
16. Strick land
17. Young coward

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What
Brett Morris maybe but josh is plain shit man.
That imposter dud josh Morris should be the first player dropped
Been rubbish for 3 years now
When was the last time he beat his opposing centre one on one

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Until we get ourselves a half who can organise, we will contiue to tread water.
True.

But damn, our much vaunted forward pack has pretty much had their arse handed to them over our past 8 games. Large part of our problems on the field starts right there.

The halves just add to the problem, so it's a vicious cycle...and we go down the gurgled for a bottom 4 finish.

Fuck off Des!

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What
Brett Morris maybe but josh is plain shit man.
I don't agree.
I know he is not as fast as he used to be, but he is a tough lad and can defend.
He would be feeling as flat as a tack now with all the shit ball he's getting. It's gotta be deflating.
We can't cut every player we have. These boys are genuine footballers and given good service would tie up a side nicely. That would be one problem solved without cutting players and losing money

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
In the off season we extended the contracts of Tolman and Eastwood. I highly doubt they are going to be let go. (What a great decision right?) I do not agree with the price Mbye's contract however we simply paid for his potential.. I honestly hope it pays off. Can you imagine signing a huge contract at work and then being told to take a pay cut months later?

Recruitment and retention has been poor over the years and I hope it gets rectified.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lol @ people saying reduce Mbye's contract. Have you once ever heard in your life of a player who's signed a rich long term deal re-negotiating for less money?

I'm sure his manager and family would be all for it too

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Lol @ people saying reduce Mbye's contract. Have you once ever heard in your life of a player who's signed a rich long term deal re-negotiating for less money?

I'm sure his manager and family would be all for it too
The end of the day the club was dumb enough to throw stupid money at him and now they gotta deal with it lol.

Reactions: DT

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
You're right. Let's cut Des some slack. It's not like he has any say over his own roster or anything.

It's ALL down to Des and our pathetic board that keeps bending over backwards to please him.

Not the right roster? Get some new players then. It isn't rocket science.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. This perfectly describes Hasler. Shit recruitment and no changes to the game plan why would anybody be expecting anything different to what we are seeing at the moment?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sure there are many other issues with our club, but seriously, the NRL and RLPA need to pull their fucking finger out and sort next years cap RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!!!!!!
If as suggested the cap rises by up to $2mil then any club in the NRL could sign almost anyone they want.
If the salary cap is $10mil $600k is peanuts. We could sign tedesco and moses or whoever else and still have change. Then we could keep reynolds on the bench and reduce his contract, fuck liicha off and promote woolford, put mbye in a position he knows how to play, fuck hoppa off as im happy to let montoya be our future, and to be honest i think brenko has more potential then him too.
I also think we need to lose one out of graham/eastwood/tolman. Personally id get rid of eastwood (I know we resigned him) put tolman at lock and tell him to just tackle and stay the fuck away from the ball.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How many times does it need to be said by us all and everyone else weighing their 2 cents in!? The coach after 5 years picked this squad! The coach is to blame!

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It does not matter which coach or attacking structure they can place at the club the two halves are just not good enough to execute it. We are where we deserve with this squad

Status
Not open for further replies.