Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
TAG have a smart watch, it's $2000 but it doesnt so a lot

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s about the status... and some people do appreciate the working of a watch but more so about status
You can’t tell me that that watch works better than a Swiss made tissot or tag heuer that costs 5% of the Rolex.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 4144
$89,000.
You’d have to be outside your fucking mind.
What’s so special ?
I have no idea why that submariner is costing that much perhaps vintage.

Now don't fall off your chair, there are watches that range in the millions.

You obviously don't appreciate time peices its not just watch that's on your wrist to tell the time.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You can’t tell me that that watch works better than a Swiss made tissot or tag heuer that costs 5% of the Rolex.
Lol you're comparing a Tissot and Tag to a Rolex lmaooooo

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Your arguement is like, Toyota and Lamborghini

LOL

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well i got a Tissot and my girl has a Rolex and hers works better than mine...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's called "Veblen Goods". It's a psychological effect that people want something more the more it costs. Car companies work on this process to sell cars. They make a car that costs just as much to make as a run of the mill car but put a high price tag on it. People want it more 'cause it costs more and that makes them feel like they're special.

BMW screwed themselves on this one. They were one of the companies that worked off this effect until they decided to make a cheap car for general consumers. That killed their reputation.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok.
So what’s in a Rolex, that’s not in a tag ?
Precious metals for starters ie Gold

What's in a Toyota thats not in a Lamborghini?

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So my misses is getting me one for Christmas but i am unsure on what to get so i need help.

I am an Android user, u have a Samsung S8+

I have looked at the Moto Watch as well as the Nixon, i haven't really looked at anything else
I also have the S8 for work, but I recently converted to Apple iSO after being on Android for since day dot. I will never go back to Android for my own personal phone. I also have Apple 2 watch which i completely love features i love, email notifications, calendar reminders, all great for work. Its convenient to just look at your watch vs pulling your phone out of your pocket. Plus ping my phone when I've missed placed it somewhere. I'd imagine the ANdroid watches will be just the same.

Oh yeah and Apple pay is convenient as well or Android Samsung pay using NFC.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
I got a tag it tells the time and date

It’s pretty smart

Honestly get a nice watch like a tag or whatever you like you will appreciate it more then a smart watch. Look at your old phones you don’t care about them same as a smart watch in a few years

Attachments

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Precious metals for starters ie Gold

What's in a Toyota thats not in a Lamborghini?
Surely making big it from gold instead of stainless doesn’t justify a 2000% increase.
Face it. They’re rediculously, deliberately overpriced, so only rich fuckwits can afford them, thereby perpetuating the myth that they are something special.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Surely making big it from gold instead of stainless doesn’t justify a 2000% increase.
Face it. They’re rediculously, deliberately overpriced, so only rich fuckwits can afford them, thereby perpetuating the myth that they are something special.
A friend has a decent gold watch that charges off his body heat. Cost him $600. You can get Gold watches for under $200 if you don't care about having "rolex" written on it. You can get a tag gold watch for around $6k. The same watch as a Rolex costs over $42k.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A friend has a decent gold watch that charges off his body heat. Cost him $600. You can get Gold watches for under $200 if you don't care about having "rolex" written on it. You can get a tag gold watch for around $6k. The same watch as a Rolex costs over $42k.
Exactly this.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s not the same watch though

Status
Not open for further replies.