Official Round 19 vs Souths - Team List and Game Day Thread

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
People comparing Reed and Flanno missing that last try against RFM and Sutton on the first try. Chalk and cheese.
RFM and Sutton made a pathetic effort when they were fresh and should have been hurting from the 66-0 butt fucking we got the previous week.
Reed had defended for about 70 mins and working his arse off all game (while also over playing his hand). Ciraldo needs to get in his ear saying "Sexton is here, we have a general. Stop trying to be a hero and do your fucking job". If he does that he will get back to his best, but I still love him!
Flanno was only out there for about 15 mins, so again he should've been fresh and has no excuse. Back to reggies bro.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It was also nice not having to watch Burton hoof torpedo Hail Mary last resort hit and hope kicks cos our attack didn’t revolve around him solely

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don't most on here want our coach to complain about refs at press conferences? I'm glad he doesn't as that's what it sounds like, whining.
If there is a team who has zero right to complain about referee calls its South’s though. NRL probably turning on them for complaining after giving them everything.

Last edited:

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there is a team who has zero right to complain about referee calls is South’s though. NRL probably turning on them for complaining after giving them everything.
100 percent.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there is a team who has zero right to complain about referee calls its South’s though. NRL probably turning on them for complaining after giving them everything.
...and about time too.
Pride of the league, my arse!
Should have been booted and we were stupid in hindsight supporting them.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can you believe that South’s coach the caarnt whinging about sin bins, penalties and rucks after all the favours they have received this year.

South Sydney coach Jason Demetriou says he’ll meet with NRL officials next week to complain about the standard of refereeing after he accused them of a lack of consistency in the ruck following his side’s 36-32 loss to the Bulldogs.

Demetriou was furious with some of the decisions on Saturday night, particularly the call to send Taane Milne to the sin bin for a shoulder charge which saw Bulldogs forward Ryan Sutton stretchered from the field and sent to hospital for scans on his neck.

Canterbury coach Cameron Ciraldo said the English prop was “in good spirits”, but the focus will now turn to Milne who has been charged many times throughout his career.

But Demetriou is adamant the veteran has nothing to worry about when the charges are released on Sunday and was irate that referee Liam Kennedy upgraded the original call of a penalty to a sin bin after the Bunker looked at more replays while Sutton stayed down.

“Anyone who watches that can clearly see that the injury doesn’t come from Taane Milne,” he said.

“I’ve got my contacts in so I’m pretty sure I can see it, but there’s no way that comes from Taane Milne. It’s an accidental contact as he ducks his head, and you can clearly see that.

“It’s a neck injury, but for some reason we get a bloke in the sin bin because a guy stayed down. It’s unfortunate that he’s injured and I hope he’s okay.

“We’re just finding things to do. We’re finding ways to get people that aren’t even on the field to make big decisions.

“The live decision was what it was, but for whatever reason, we want to look at it again and again and again, slow it down, manufacture an opinion and send a bloke to the sin bin.

“We’re out there with more than half our cap missing and we can’t get a fair crack. I’ll be very surprised if Taane has got anything to answer for. Very surprised.”

Maybe that is why our coach doesn't do it. Demetriou comes across as a whingeing little b@tch..he complains about everything and anything but at the same time conveniently leaving out the bits where his team copped the favours of the officials...Let's see.....

First game at Accor this year ..we have one of our players pulled up for a "hip drop" or should I say a Clayton's hip drop on..... guess who.... Taane Milne FOUR tackles after the event coinciding with Souths knocking the ball on. Yep Milne lay on the ground grimacing and wincing holding his leg until bunker gets involved. Result of this little gem... Souths get a penalty, our bloke goes to the bin, Milne gets up and plays on and our little momentum that we had disappears. Souths score a few times extinguishing any chance we had of a comeback /staying in touch.
Same game...clear vision of his pet Cameron Murray actually effecting a proper hip drop on our player. Result nothing to see here. No follow up after the game either, no mention in the presser. All Demetriou could say was that he saw several other drops effected by us during the game that went unpunished...unfortunately no one else saw them at all....
99.9 % of dummy half passes from Souths get overlooked, consistent offsides and interferences in the ruck which are never seen go unchecked.

The most unpalatable thing about what happened on the weekend was that Demetriou inferred that the result of that tackle was manufactured. WTF?? Yes that's right Sutton feigned injury and made sure he lay on the ground until the bunker could get a better look at the incident. I saw contact in the first vision of that and said shoulder charge so was not surprised when a penalty blown but Demetriou saw nothing. Replays showed clearly what happened but still coach says the injury did not come from his player. Okay delay in binning Milne but that should have been done and was finally after the smoke cleared.
Shame on Ryan and shame on the medical staff for perpetrating what the Souths coach would have believed to have been a rort and a nonsense on his team. Sorry he was injured but he just stayed down??

Milne may Not have been suspended but he was charged for the third time for a similar offence and ...fined ...

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
South Sydney coach Jason Demetriou says he’ll meet with NRL officials next week to complain about the standard of refereeing after he accused them of a lack of consistency in the ruck following his side’s 36-32 loss to the Bulldogs.

Demetriou was furious with some of the decisions on Saturday night, particularly the call to send Taane Milne to the sin bin for a shoulder charge which saw Bulldogs forward Ryan Sutton stretchered from the field and sent to hospital for scans on his neck.

Canterbury coach Cameron Ciraldo said the English prop was “in good spirits”, but the focus will now turn to Milne who has been charged many times throughout his career.

But Demetriou is adamant the veteran has nothing to worry about when the charges are released on Sunday and was irate that referee Liam Kennedy upgraded the original call of a penalty to a sin bin after the Bunker looked at more replays while Sutton stayed down.

“Anyone who watches that can clearly see that the injury doesn’t come from Taane Milne,” he said.

“I’ve got my contacts in so I’m pretty sure I can see it, but there’s no way that comes from Taane Milne. It’s an accidental contact as he ducks his head, and you can clearly see that.

“It’s a neck injury, but for some reason we get a bloke in the sin bin because a guy stayed down. It’s unfortunate that he’s injured and I hope he’s okay.

“We’re just finding things to do. We’re finding ways to get people that aren’t even on the field to make big decisions.

“The live decision was what it was, but for whatever reason, we want to look at it again and again and again, slow it down, manufacture an opinion and send a bloke to the sin bin.

“We’re out there with more than half our cap missing and we can’t get a fair crack. I’ll be very surprised if Taane has got anything to answer for. Very surprised.”

Maybe that is why our coach doesn't do it. Demetriou comes across as a whingeing little b@tch..he complains about everything and anything but at the same time conveniently leaving out the bits where his team copped the favours of the officials...Let's see.....

First game at Accor this year ..we have one of our players pulled up for a "hip drop" or should I say a Clayton's hip drop on..... guess who.... Taane Milne FOUR tackles after the event coinciding with Souths knocking the ball on. Yep Milne lay on the ground grimacing and wincing holding his leg until bunker gets involved. Result of this little gem... Souths get a penalty, our bloke goes to the bin, Milne gets up and plays on and our little momentum that we had disappears. Souths score a few times extinguishing any chance we had of a comeback /staying in touch.
Same game...clear vision of his pet Cameron Murray actually effecting a proper hip drop on our player. Result nothing to see here. No follow up after the game either, no mention in the presser. All Demetriou could say was that he saw several other drops effected by us during the game that went unpunished...unfortunately no one else saw them at all....
99.9 % of dummy half passes from Souths get overlooked, consistent offsides and interferences in the ruck which are never seen go unchecked.

The most unpalatable thing about what happened on the weekend was that Demetriou inferred that the result of that tackle was manufactured. WTF?? Yes that's right Sutton feigned injury and made sure he lay on the ground until the bunker could get a better look at the incident. I saw contact in the first vision of that and said shoulder charge so was not surprised when a penalty blown but Demetriou saw nothing. Replays showed clearly what happened but still coach says the injury did not come from his player. Okay delay in binning Milne but that should have been done and was finally after the smoke cleared.
Shame on Ryan and shame on the medical staff for perpetrating what the Souths coach would have believed to have been a rort and a nonsense on his team. Sorry he was injured but he just stayed down??

Milne may Not have been suspended but he was charged for the third time for a similar offence and ...fined ...
Yes Demetriou conveniently ignores times where his team gets the benefit, lucky or not. Really the same for all coaches.
Perhaps shows that there is intense pressure on their coach during this period, with several players out due to Origin or injury.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes Demetriou conveniently ignores times where his team gets the benefit, lucky or not. Really the same for all coaches.
Perhaps shows that there is intense pressure on their coach during this period, with several players out due to Origin or injury.
I love your name...I assume it is in honour of George Taylforth?

Last edited:

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I hope he keeps up this whinging, the ref’s will really turn on him and show him what it’s like to have all the referees against your team every game ..

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I love your name...I assume it is in honour of George Taylforth?
Yes. George T was a policeman & so was my father. George got us tickets to the ‘67 GF v South’s and walked in to the ground with us before the match holding my hand, when I was a small boy. As a youngster, I was most impressed by his “toe poke” kicking 4 goals that day despite the loss.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NRL takes swipe at Demetriou after his post-game rant, praises ‘absolutely correct’ call

Annesley showed a replay from earlier in the game when Kodi Nikorima legally charged out of the line to pressure Tanah Boyd who nailed his field goal to tie things up despite the Dolphins fullback deflecting the kick.

Annesley had no issue with a couple of Bunker calls that upset Wests Tigers fans, with replays showing Tommy Talau clearly dropped the ball into Nicho Hynes before he scored, while Sharks winger Sione Katoa just got the ball down in the final few seconds

He also addressed Jason Demetriou’s concerns that South Sydney were treated unfairly in the ruck in Saturday’s loss to the Bulldogs, with data from that game showing the Rabbitohs actually enjoyed quicker play the balls.

The number of times there are extra efforts or a push on the ground or working their way around the tackle, all the things that we say we want to speed the game up for and people say they want a faster game, but consistently we’re getting controlled slower in the ruck,” Demetriou said after the game.

“Our ruck is consistently slower than anyone else, and it’s not like we’re fighting for it.”

Annesley revealed Souths enjoyed an average play the ball speed of 3.29 seconds when they had the ball, while that number jumped to 3.94 seconds when the Bulldogs had the ball.

“The Rabbitohs delayed the Bulldogs’ play the ball beyond four seconds on 39.2 per cent of occasions. The Bulldogs delayed the Rabbitohs’ play the balls to over four seconds on 26 per cent of the occasions,” Annesley revealed.

“We’ve got an obligation to have a look at these things when they’re raised.

“I can understand the emotion of a game and comments based on what we all think we observed during the course of the game, but in case the facts and the stats just don’t back it up.”

Wallace_and_gromit.jpg

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I hope he chokes on reggie the rabbits dick the fuckin moron!

If the dogs did that, the toothless pricks would be booing like no tomorrow as they always get the rub of the green!

Cant wait til these pricks lose in the finals, what a glory glory day that would be

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NRL takes swipe at Demetriou after his post-game rant, praises ‘absolutely correct’ call

Annesley showed a replay from earlier in the game when Kodi Nikorima legally charged out of the line to pressure Tanah Boyd who nailed his field goal to tie things up despite the Dolphins fullback deflecting the kick.

Annesley had no issue with a couple of Bunker calls that upset Wests Tigers fans, with replays showing Tommy Talau clearly dropped the ball into Nicho Hynes before he scored, while Sharks winger Sione Katoa just got the ball down in the final few seconds

He also addressed Jason Demetriou’s concerns that South Sydney were treated unfairly in the ruck in Saturday’s loss to the Bulldogs, with data from that game showing the Rabbitohs actually enjoyed quicker play the balls.

The number of times there are extra efforts or a push on the ground or working their way around the tackle, all the things that we say we want to speed the game up for and people say they want a faster game, but consistently we’re getting controlled slower in the ruck,” Demetriou said after the game.

“Our ruck is consistently slower than anyone else, and it’s not like we’re fighting for it.”

Annesley revealed Souths enjoyed an average play the ball speed of 3.29 seconds when they had the ball, while that number jumped to 3.94 seconds when the Bulldogs had the ball.

“The Rabbitohs delayed the Bulldogs’ play the ball beyond four seconds on 39.2 per cent of occasions. The Bulldogs delayed the Rabbitohs’ play the balls to over four seconds on 26 per cent of the occasions,” Annesley revealed.

“We’ve got an obligation to have a look at these things when they’re raised.

“I can understand the emotion of a game and comments based on what we all think we observed during the course of the game, but in case the facts and the stats just don’t back it up.”

View attachment 76133
Demetriou’s is a gronk lol , now that's pretty embarrassing.