Religious Discussion Thread

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Praise God for his goodness!

Fr. John Hollowell of the Archdiocese of Indianapolis announced on Jan. 30 that he was healed of a brain tumor while visiting Lourdes, France.

The pastor of Annunciation Catholic Church in Brazil, Indiana was first diagnosed with a brain tumor in early 2020. He decided to offer all of his suffering for the victims of clergy abuse.

In the YouTube video announcement, Fr. Hollowell provides a brief history and the providential nature of his diagnosis and healing.

He received his diagnosis on the Feb. 11 feast of Our Lady of Lourdes in 2020 at the Mayo Clinic.

“I found out that I had a brain tumor up at the Mayo Clinic on Feb. 11, the feast of Our Lady of Lourdes. That night, I actually had Mass in the Chapel of Our Lady of Lourdes.”

Fr. Hollowell then explains the Mayo Clinic’s history, which began after a Franciscan abbess’ supernatural vision.

“The abbess had vision of a hospital and Jesus told her to go into town and find Dr. Mayo. So she did, and that’s how the Mayo clinic started,” the priest said. “The nuns were the early nurses of the hospital. The Mayo clinic is actually connected, and in the same building as the chapel of Our Lady of Lourdes.”

The priest since underwent surgery and treatment, but shortly before he left for Lourdes, his tumor returned. However, he said he was at peace with death if God willed it.

“The MRI showed it growing back,” he said. “In fact, the MRI also found a tumor on my pituitary gland. I was okay if I died…I was willing to make the the sacrifice for victims of of Catholic clergy abuse.

“But I thought, if I go to Lourdes and I’m healed there, then that might have an impact on some of my fallen away family and friends from the Catholic Church. So I went there and I was healed,” he said.

“Thanks be to God,” the priest rejoiced. “I’m just very excited–I was happy either way, but again, I went to Lourdes and was healed.”

Fr. Hollowell then concludes his announcement thanking his viewers for their prayers.

For the full story click the following link.
--
I thought I'd give our athiests friends the oppurtunity to discredit this miracle, I'd rather see some respectable professional put up a creadable argument against the claim, rather than have some small time bigot with a bee in his bonnet claim that its all made up to fool us Catholics.
It's good that his tumour has gone away. But I'm not so sure I would call it a miracle. It could have been. Or maybe it was science. Or maybe luck. Who knows. But if you want to believe it's a miracle then there's nothing wrong with that. Whether God exists or not, prayer is a good placebo and can give people strength.

One New York-based doctor offered his professional medical opinion — and his belief in the power of prayer.

"I believe in the power of prayer, and I believe in miracle cures and I believe in Lourdes," Dr. Marc Siegel, a Fox News contributor and a professor of medicine at NYU Langone Medical Center, told Fox News Digital.

"But [with] this particular tumor, there is about a 74% five-year survival rate, depending on what grade it is," Dr. Siegel added.

"And Hollowell had surgery and chemotherapy, so it’s not surprising to me that [the tumor] is gone."

Noting that the type of tumor Hollowell had is not "the most severe of all brain tumors," Siegel also said that it "can be cured."

"If you ask me if being someone [whom] God smiles on plays a role in recovery — it does," he also said.

However, added Dr. Siegel, who did not treat Fr. Hollowell, "I don’t think it’s all Lourdes in this case. But I do think doctors have the hands of God — that’s a well-known saying. Great surgery, great chemo — and the power of prayer."

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why call Waleed out LOL? isn't there three other Christians on the Panel? the same three christians who were egging the f*ggot on to continue with his vile jokes. Three Christians on the panel, producers, network executives ect who were also present and allowed this and yet the same people on this forum want to bring light too Waleed being a muslim and his reaction. I thought he was very weak in response for not getting up and breaking a chair over the ***** head, unlike the christians on the panel, he wasn't laughing and lauding the f*ggot on to continue with his vile BS.

Last edited:

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just so you are aware, we Muslims are disgusted and have been smashing channel 10 with phone calls and social media posts to raise awareness about this appalling behaviour towards our prophet peace be up on him.
It makes me laugh, every time something happens it's "let's compare it too or bring the muslims into it" LOL

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why call Waleed out LOL? isn't there three other Christians on the Panel? the same three christians who were egging the f*ggot on to continue with his vile jokes. Three Christians on the panel, producers, network executives ect who were also present and allowed this and yet the same people on this forum want to bring light too Waleed being a muslim and his reaction. I thought he was very weak in response for not getting up and breaking a chair over the ***** head, unlike the christians on the panel, he wasn't laughing and lauding the f*ggot on to continue with his vile BS.
Why call Waleed out? Lol
He would’ve chucked the biggest fit and had that gay cancelled had it been a joke about muhammad, became a victim, won another award, brought up white Christian bigotry, Christian’s have been even worse than isis etc. I find your response cute and amusing

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why call Waleed out? Lol
He would’ve chucked the biggest fit and had that gay cancelled had it been a joke about muhammad, became a victim, won another award, brought up white Christian bigotry, Christian’s have been even worse than isis etc. I find your response cute and amusing
LOOLLL cry cry poor victims cry

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why call Waleed out? Lol
Call out your own brethren bro instead of being so fixtaed on Islam or any other religion. LOL

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I doubt any of those **** rashes on there are Christians...

PS how dare you call that putrid piece of shit a "f*ggot"! You are worse than Hitler! Hate crime!

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I doubt any of those **** rashes on there are Christians...

PS how dare you call that putrid piece of shit a "f*ggot"! You are worse than Hitler! Hate crime!
I hope he Fkn does a dogs death. I swear on my kids I will stand beside you if you do and not just protest but go looking for that ****. How dare he Fkn mock Jesus.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just so my beautiful Christian brothers are awareX I'm with YOU! I will stand with you and go toe to toe with any **** who wants to talk about Jesus or the bible in this vile manner.
Waleed will rightly have to stand before god one day and justify why he sat there like a Fkn cat. No one’s angrier than we are over his silence.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I love you all for the sake of god. Wallahi I do. We can argue, we can disagree and debate all we do BUT I love you all for the sake of god.
Love you too habibeh. Just remember who has the last laugh...and we won't even laugh, I'd pity them knowing where they are headed.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Call out your own brethren bro instead of being so fixtaed on Islam or any other religion. LOL
Lmfao. Did you not read what I said? Your people started the calling out. Don’t have a sook that I’m holding your people to their word otherwise stop talking shit (taqiyya) simple as that.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We’ll win against these ***** together I promise and then we can get back to our differences LOL.
Yeah so it’ll be ww2-cold war all over again, if you don’t know what I’m referring to, the allies had a shitty alliance with USSR for a common enemy but as soon as the Nazis were defeated they needed to get back to sorting out the real issue of communism and almost blew the world to hell.
likewise We’ll get together against the rainbow but then we gotta sort out the important things like stamping out heresy where lowering Jesus to a mere prophet becomes number 1.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LOOLLL cry cry poor victims cry
I don’t think you know how that works bro lol. One calling out hypocrisy that they themselves started is not victimhood. Victimhood is when you start something like cough cough Waleed and co and then get upset you’ve been called out on your own standards lol.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
TBF - thought the joke was funny mainly because of the joke structure. Very nice play on words. Whole range of jokes I think are funny but wouldn't say them because it offends others.

Which does raise an interesting question? Wonder if half the people who are complaining are also complaining about cancel culture? In my view, cannot have it both ways. If you block humour because others find it offensive, then that goes into gay humour etc. etc.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just so my beautiful Christian brothers are awareX I'm with YOU! I will stand with you and go toe to toe with any **** who wants to talk about Jesus or the bible in this vile manner.
Waleed will rightly have to stand before god one day and justify why he sat there like a Fkn cat. No one’s angrier than we are over his silence.
Just curiously. I understand the Christian position.

But from the Islamic position.

What about the athiest? The guy who is not convinced of your evidence of a God. The guy that just does not want to be reliant on "faith". The one who doesn't want to be forced to believe in what you believe. Do you have to be all fisty cuff "toe to toe" with them?

What about the homosexual who just wants to live a peaceful life having haram sex with their same sex partner? Do you go toe to toe with them.

Or are you happy to live and let live?