Recruitment Options Becoming Available

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Gus is as good as we think he is, he should be able to sign good players that are in contracts that aren't on the crappy available player lists.

Last edited:

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don't blame them for not coming to this shit hole and preferring Redcliffe lol

Plus nobody wants to play under an assistant instead of Bennett.
Spot on my friend, I couldn't agree more

There's still allot of talk of this "all powerful" and "mighty" club when really it's a total debacle at every level. The majority will defend Gus till the last and I'm not saying he's he's shit at his job but hiring another "assistant" and selling him to the fans as the true puppet master behind Panthers success is BS.

In hindsight that was a really really poor choice I couldn't imagine any players out there wanting to come on board. Except Renyolds of course lol

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought cogger was our best half when he left and he still would be if he returned
Cogger is looking good in a stacked Penrith. IMO Cogger is back up at best - not sure he offers more than Sexton or even Flanno. TBH we need an experienced half to lead us around, but any 7 needs some middles to lay a platform

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cogger is looking good in a stacked Penrith. IMO Cogger is back up at best - not sure he offers more than Sexton or even Flanno. TBH we need an experienced half to lead us around, but any 7 needs some middles to lay a platform
No question we need a quality half. It's sad Penrith have a better back up half that is better than our first choice half

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No question we need a quality half. It's sad Penrith have a better back up half that is better than our first choice half
Sadly a lot of teams have a better back half, FB and middles than our starters. Our list is very low on quality. Which is why we need a combination of good recruitment and pathways. Sick of losing but bro

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Which is why when you look at those old Bulldogs teams in the 80s, and then you look at our reserve grade teams, you see some amazing NSW Cup forward packs. We were always well stocked in that department.
You can’t have that anymore. There are too many teams in the comp. If you have good players in reggies they’ll get poached.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not sure why anyone is pushing for cogger, but then again ive seen people push for the return of Dean Pay too. TK is a strange place sometimes
Me either. Cogger is the same player he was, when he was with us.
Scope said on Levels yesteday “if you took Rajab and Cogger and switched them on the weekend, the results don’t change”
Cogger is playing good because he’s in a good team. Rajab is playing shit because…

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tino won’t come, he left the storm and signed with the titans to be closer to his family and those family ties have only strengthen with his brother there as well now, add to that we’re in no better position than the titans in terms of where we are ladderwise and how much we could offer him

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of recruiting gets done in the off season so it’s not too relevant who is or isn’t off contract. Most of the good ones are obviously tied up.

Clubs tap players all the time that are on contract. Alternatively player managers always seek upgrades. I would hope that some of our signings for next year are contracted players and not the dregs left on the market.

I would imagine a fair few of the dragons and titans players will be on the move. Same applies to any other clubs with a new coach.

If the roosters don’t make the finals I could see them having a clean out as well.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Manly have 5 blokes covering $5M
Turbo
DCE
Jake
Olakuatu
Schuster

I don’t know how they are getting 30 under the cap
I know man, Roosters doing it for years too, but everybody knows, if we go $1 about the cap, they will fine us or take points of us

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Broncos are gonna have to pay Haas 1.2m to KEEP him. A low placed Sydney club will have to pay 1.5m, if not more.
Maybe. A prop isn't worth 1m and Haas is the only exception to that rule. 1.2m would be overs for Bronco imo.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tino won’t come, he left the storm and signed with the titans to be closer to his family and those family ties have only strengthen with his brother there as well now, add to that we’re in no better position than the titans in terms of where we are ladderwise and how much we could offer him
Sign his brother

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Too pissed at the moment to compile a list but there have been plenty of signings in the last 12 months or so that could have helped us. e.g the Dolphins squad as an example that we have missed completely.
The amount of money that were thrown at them is the reason they went to the Dolphins. They paid way too much for some of them.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Not many good options available for 2024. 2025 has way better free agents so that's the season we should be targeting.

Forwards available for 2025:

Payne Haas
Corey Horsbrough
Braden Hamlin-Uele
Moeaki Fotuaika
Taniela Paseka
Eliesa Katoa
Jacob Saifiti
Liam Martin
Lindsay Smith
Nat Butcher
Tevita Tatola