Recruitment Options Becoming Available

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The mail is Cogger has knocked back an approach from the Tigers. Don’t know what else that means but with Sexton now at Belmore I don’t think we’re making a play for him (besides other ‘returns’ like Grub and Brown have hardly worked out).
Just further proof on how hard it is to recruit when you are anchored to the bottom for years. A backup halfback doesn’t even want the opportunity…

It’s so easy to throw money and look at Papaali from Parra he is an absolute shadow.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Gus is as good as we think he is, he should be able to sign good players that are in contracts that aren't on the crappy available player lists.
If players are happy at their current clubs why would they break contract?

Gus is not a miracle worker.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Surely there’s a couple of middles in the UK worth looking at?

Also, has to be a nugget or two in NSW/Q Cup? Honestly, who had ever heard of Preston this time last year and 12 months later we want to build a club around him?
Yep, whilst we certainly need a couple of NRL level middles we also need a couple more big bopper up and comers for our NSW Cup team

No offence, but Tsikrikas doesn't have the build or power to dominate at NRL and Tanner looks too small, even though he shows alot of ticker

We haven't seen enough of Hughes to make a call, but at least he has the size

Jury still out on Patolo, but he is still very young

Pele is still a work in progress but needs huge improvement on his fitness to be able to play a Spencer Leniu type role for us where he can come on and make an impact...but for more than 5 minutes

Other than that I have hopes for Mateeva-Booth who is a man mountain but needs to grow into his body and add some muscle but is also very young and is coming back from a major injury

Damon Marshall has just made the Qld U/19's so he must have some grunt about him, but again very young

So a couple more NSW/Q Cup level props that are on the verge of pushing for an NRL spot would definitely add to our depth

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s finally found a home where he’s appreciated, I wouldn’t be leaving the Panthers either ..
Even for a regular NRL spot? Surely he’s not going to be happy playing NSW cup forever

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would rather take a leap of faith on out of contract for 2024 the giant Wiremu Greig who we could possibly get for the third of the price of English Poodle Thompson.
$250k or $300k will not get Grieg away from the eels.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
$250k or $300k will not get Grieg away from the eels.
Greig reported as agreeing to resign back in may -
The Eels are reportedly set to hand prop Wiremu Greig a three-year contract extension to remain at the Parramatta club until the end of 2026.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even for a regular NRL spot? Surely he’s not going to be happy playing NSW cup forever
Well generally you’d think he’d go for it …. but the poor kids been punted all over the place … he’s probably thinking F that, do I really want to get on that merry go round again …

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Perhaps, but Munster and Olam would have terrorised Rajab.
Yea, for sure.
I reckon that was a massive miss by Cirro. Even if he didn’t predict the knights targeting Rajab, once they kept going to the well, he had to make a defensive adjustment, not just hook the kid.