Recruitment Options Becoming Available

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not many good options available for 2024. 2025 has way better free agents so that's the season we should be targeting.

Forwards available for 2025:

Payne Haas
Corey Horsbrough
Braden Hamlin-Uele
Moeaki Fotuaika
Taniela Paseka
Eliesa Katoa
Jacob Saifiti
Liam Martin
Lindsay Smith
Nat Butcher
Tevita Tatola
Keaon Koloamatangi
Tohu Harris
Alex Twal
Jai Arrow

Halves & Backs available for 2025:

Tom Dearden
Jamal Fogarty
Ezra Mam
Joseph Manu
Dylan Edwards
Campbell Graham
Bradman Best
2025 has some talent… tempting for Gus to ride it out and unleash the war chest starting with:

Dylan Edwards
Payne Hass
Moeaki Fotuaika
Taniela Paseka
Keaon Kalomatangi

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s never just about who is off contract. It’s about opportunity, look at sexton.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tino won’t come, he left the storm and signed with the titans to be closer to his family and those family ties have only strengthen with his brother there as well now, add to that we’re in no better position than the titans in terms of where we are ladderwise and how much we could offer him
Money talks, but I can’t see it happening either… the one that is possible is Haas for 2025 though, of course, massive overs, but then again, he’s worth two props.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sign his brother
Pay them both overs to come here.. Tino as a player and leader has massive upside for this Club when considering the risk and reward managing the cap… we lack forward domination and leadership, he possesses both in spades… makes others around him more confident.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also if we have 2 million for next year I’d be offering Tino 1.3 million resign Thompson on 500k

imagine our team this week and add
JAC
CRIGHTON
XERRI
KIKAU
TINO
THOMPSON

The spine of
Mahoney
Burton
Sexton
Chrighton

we have to play finals footy now excuses. We are all of a sudden very competitive and developing juniors at the same time

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Some really good players for 25, think we need to be strategic everyone is going to want HAAS its going to be a shit fight. I like Keon or Moe, If Des brings in some guys from manly like Paseka and olakoatu then could be an opportunity there. Liam Martin and a defence fist go hard second rower that can play on the right is what we need right now, but a bit worried by 25 he could be broken. Also I think he is related to TBaz so that ship has probably sailed.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would you trust Thompson to not get injured again? He has been Mr glass here.
I would rather take a leap of faith on out of contract for 2024 the giant Wiremu Greig who we could possibly get for the third of the price of English Poodle Thompson.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Also if we have 2 million for next year I’d be offering Tino 1.3 million resign Thompson on 500k

JAC
CRIGHTON
XERRI
KIKAU
TINO
THOMPSON

The spine of
Mahoney
Burton
Sexton
Chrighton

we have to play finals footy now excuses. We are all of a sudden very competitive and developing juniors at the same time
We most likely don't play finals footy with that team. We're much worse now than we thought at the start of the year. Thompson should be yeeted to the moon.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not many good options available for 2024. 2025 has way better free agents so that's the season we should be targeting.

Forwards available for 2025:

Payne Haas
Corey Horsbrough
Braden Hamlin-Uele
Moeaki Fotuaika
Taniela Paseka
Eliesa Katoa
Jacob Saifiti
Liam Martin
Lindsay Smith
Nat Butcher
Tevita Tatola
Keaon Koloamatangi
Tohu Harris
Alex Twal
Jai Arrow

Halves & Backs available for 2025:

Tom Dearden
Jamal Fogarty
Ezra Mam
Joseph Manu
Dylan Edwards
Campbell Graham
Bradman Best
Manu fullback and 2 of Haas, Koloamatangi, Horse and Fotuaika if we're serious. Halfback still not sorted tho.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Crichton, JAC, Xerri, Kiraz, Wilson, Burton, Sexton, King, Mahoney, Tino, Preston, Kiks, Thompson. Bench of TPJ, Pele, Utility, whoever.

That's a top 8 side. Not a comp winning side.
Not with our coach, look at Titan roster.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I like the idea of arrow but only if we can get him a year early due to Souths salary cap issues.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think that squad is a fair bit stronger than current Titans when you look at players like Stimson, Schoupp, Randall, and a few others.
Stimson and Randall playing due to players injured, e.g. Fermor.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats the story with this bloke, how much would we need to throw at him to pinch him …. seems to have some mongrel, only 24 and looks to have a lot of upside …

Wouldn’t mind having him come off the bench for us ..

Image1688530918.338955.jpg

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score

JAC
CRIGHTON
XERRI
KIKAU
TINO
THOMPSON

The spine of
Mahoney
Burton
Sexton
Chrighton

Whoa, let’s not spunk the bed. 850K tops for Tino. Although I go get your thinking.

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would rather take a leap of faith on out of contract for 2024 the giant Wiremu Greig who we could possibly get for the third of the price of English Poodle Thompson.
Yeah I like Grieg too. He is unsigned too? Is that right.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Whats the story with this bloke, how much would we need to throw at him to pinch him …. seems to have some mongrel, only 24 and looks to have a lot of upside …

Wouldn’t mind having him come off the bench for us ..

View attachment 75650
Well would be a minimum wage guy currently but will get an upgrade and is in a top team. You'd think 350k+ and an upgrade in role. Shark also wouldn't release him while contracted unless they get something at least equal in return. I think we're better off buying marquees in our situation tho. We're supposed to have kids/reserve grade players coming through and filling the rest of the roster.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

JAC
CRIGHTON
XERRI
KIKAU
TINO
THOMPSON

The spine of
Mahoney
Burton
Sexton
Chrighton

Tino is not worth more than 800k a season & Thompson is a big no.