ranger vs Hilux

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I owned a 1979 Hilux.
They should of had a warning label on it.
That ute was built for real men!

Not these modern chicken legged boys,with some fur on their face, posing as men!
79 Hilux the diesel was the pick of the two I liked the look of that model. Hard riding though. 2wd or 4wd? I m pretty sure this was the model Top Gear tried to kill.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
79 Hilux the diesel was the pick of the two I liked the look of that model. Hard riding though. 2wd or 4wd? I m pretty sure this was the model Top Gear tried to kill.
4wd.
I picked it up for $700 unregistered from the rebels.

My stupid junky stepdad kept driving it unregistered and got caught by the police.
It went back to the rebels!

I was so pissed off with him about it!
So glad he's finally dead!

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
4wd.
I picked it up for $700 unregistered from the rebels.

My stupid junky stepdad kept driving it unregistered and got caught by the police.
It went back to the rebels!

I was so pissed off with him about it!
So glad he's finally dead!
Be worth a buck or two today people long for this type of vehicle again Toyota have released a mini no frills Hilux which wont come to Oz but quality of materials means wont be like the H of previous decades.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Be worth a buck or two today people long for this type of vehicle again Toyota have released a mini no frills Hilux which wont come to Oz but quality of materials means wont be like the H of previous decades.
I know!
That's why I wanted it!
I told the dumb junky mutt that it would make us rich if we kept it!

But unfortunately Anglo colonial junky ***** only live in the moment!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
You just need to play a few more Keno's lol
Haven't had any luck this year on keno unfortunately.
Might be an end of month thing?

I'm not giving up though.
I met a guy recently who knows a guy, who got 10 numbers twice in one week, played same numbers!

Seriously if you want to play lottery, may as well play keno.

Nah I'm wrong, the pokies are much better.
I cannot tell you how many times Lebs get lucky and hit the major on their last $5 press!

Damn they're such shit talking Arabs!

Last edited:

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2014 Ranger. It's got 185k on the clock and hasn't missed a beat. Tows a boat or caravan with ease and is decent on the fuel. It doesn't feel like you're driving a truck and the turning circle is quite decent.
Only negative I can say about it would be the aircon does take a bit of time to get cold.
Your right about the aircon piss weak.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Isuzu all the way, also there trucks are better than everything in under semi size trucks, then Hino which is in with Toyota, Holden was in with Isuzu and Kenworth, I wouldn't buy a VW Amerok they are over expensive in costs, Ford Rangers and Raptors look the best but are terrible and probably the worst. Nissan Navara should probably get a mention also.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Serious question did you ever own a Ford
I've owned both Ford and Holden.
Both were defected Aussie manufactured pieces of shit!

The only time I got good fuel economy out of the Holden, was driving back from the mountains leaving it in neutral!

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isuzu all the way, also there trucks are better than everything in under semi size trucks, then Hino which is in with Toyota, Holden was in with Isuzu and Kenworth, I wouldn't buy a VW Amerok they are over expensive in costs, Ford Rangers and Raptors look the best but are terrible and probably the worst. Nissan Navara should probably get a mention also.
About a year ago I was at Bribie beach and a was waiting to cross the washout so he is an Amarok waiting then takes just a wave comes hits the car and loud beep sounded I guess he tried to start it after it had been swamped took about 20 people and 2 two cars to get him out, German guy felt so sorry for him wasnt insured for off road use.
Edit Amarok.

Last edited:

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I owned a 1979 Hilux.

Not these modern chicken legged boys,with some fur on their face, posing as men!
Bring back solid front ends and leaf springs!! Cant stop laughing at the thought of the average 'Joe', probably more like 'Jose' these days getting out of a drive through with his lattes. All over the roof, dash and windscreen by the time they hit the exits...That suzuki did alright in that episode and I can vouch for pulling out the driveshaft to stumble for repairs. Imagine trying to touch the driveline of some of todays cars...computer would have a heart attack and shut down in a fit of road rage!!

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Gen 2 v6 diesel ranger shits all over a Hilux and any other dual cab on the road

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I owned a 1979 Hilux.

And wouldn’t pull the skin of a rice pudding. The only reason they where reliable was because they never went fast enough to break anything.

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
And wouldn’t pull the skin of a rice pudding. The only reason they where reliable was because they never went fast enough to break anything.
hahaha yeah thats exactly what I like a bout them, geez I shit everyone on the road...but at the end of the day when Im out and about I see most of m at the next town anyway...its horses for courses everyone has their selection critera and experiences...mine stems obviously from late 70's - 80's. The irony for me is that I loved my turbos and bikes growing up, now Im happy with 62 quality cast iron ponies.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hence the renewed appeal for some the car makers over the years have swapped toughness durability for comfort and power at least in the 4wd ute market.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
The one I drove was solid AF!
The most important thing is its a reliable car.