Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
In no world is Herbie held from centre by averilo
I can see where you are coming from. But from my angle
1. Avo cannot be played on the wing
2. Herbie doesn't pass enough and can make plenty of metres through tough carries better than anyone in Phins backline

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have they swapped Olam for Blore yet? I’m more interested to see if they do another Harry Grant style loan deal for Faalogo than offload Papi

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If we could rehab Foran of course we can rehab Papi.

We have too many backs so unless he came very cheap it’s not worth it.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What’s his injury status? If he’s going to miss most of the season again then hard pass. Would rather we see what Joash can do

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've had too many injury prone players, time to look for durable ones..

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You’d think his absolute best would be hard to be reached again. He would have lost something. Speed, mobility, strength. Something must have regressed. In saying that before his injury in my eyes was probably the best fullback in the comp (Tedesco was on a decline, turbo was always injured).

Even If he plays at 80% of his maximum he is still a gun player and will improve any team he is a part of. Next question is can ge get through 25-30 games a year? Or more importantly will he be fully fit at the time of the season that counts?

He is a genuine superstar. He is a spine player. So they are 2 huge rarities that rarely come to market. Is he a risk? Huge risk. Will he come cheap? No way. Will his contract be team friendly? No chance. Would you pull the trigger in our situation? I would. Worst case he plays 40 games over 4 years. Best case he plays 100 gets back to his Clive Churchill form, and is in discussion for a dally m or 2. Solves a huge hole in our team.

We will never be in the ball park for a haas, tino, Cleary, Munster, pinga, mam, welsh with our current 17. No one wants to come to a rebuild. But an injured player looking for a fresh start might be the cards. You’d need to pick up his full freight and probably then some. Might even cost you a young player.

But a fit pappy at fullback would strengthen 2 positions (critta to centre). And would free up Taafee to possibly be a half next to sexton or Burton. Just looks a bit more balanced and strong. Throw in a prop or 2 and it’s potentially a 8-9 place team. Then guess what. If there is a marquee player available (afb, jfh, leota etc) we are in the discussion. Where now it would take insane money to persuade them with a solid roster you are Atleast an option with a solid team that is in final contention.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Heaps of injuries. Might be worth the punt at the right price.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You’d think his absolute best would be hard to be reached again. He would have lost something. Speed, mobility, strength. Something must have regressed. In saying that before his injury in my eyes was probably the best fullback in the comp (Tedesco was on a decline, turbo was always injured).

Even If he plays at 80% of his maximum he is still a gun player and will improve any team he is a part of. Next question is can ge get through 25-30 games a year? Or more importantly will he be fully fit at the time of the season that counts?

He is a genuine superstar. He is a spine player. So they are 2 huge rarities that rarely come to market. Is he a risk? Huge risk. Will he come cheap? No way. Will his contract be team friendly? No chance. Would you pull the trigger in our situation? I would. Worst case he plays 40 games over 4 years. Best case he plays 100 gets back to his Clive Churchill form, and is in discussion for a dally m or 2. Solves a huge hole in our team.

We will never be in the ball park for a haas, tino, Cleary, Munster, pinga, mam, welsh with our current 17. No one wants to come to a rebuild. But an injured player looking for a fresh start might be the cards. You’d need to pick up his full freight and probably then some. Might even cost you a young player.

But a fit pappy at fullback would strengthen 2 positions (critta to centre). And would free up Taafee to possibly be a half next to sexton or Burton. Just looks a bit more balanced and strong. Throw in a prop or 2 and it’s potentially a 8-9 place team. Then guess what. If there is a marquee player available (afb, jfh, leota etc) we are in the discussion. Where now it would take insane money to persuade them with a solid roster you are Atleast an option with a solid team that is in final contention.
I like your strategy.
You've accounted for good and bad scenarios and the "hidden" benefits in picking up the player BEFORE he returns to form. Not to mention the hidden benefits of attractive other big name players to plug the final pieces of the puzzle for a run to a GF.

There's more strategy in your 1 post than I've seen from our club in over a decade....

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I have a response. Fake news. Kind of. Hehe.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So what does this mean? you’ve learnt well from malla
It means I don't actually know him and only know someone that went to Oakhill with him and is friends with him. @Bulldogsteve would know more on this for reasons but I'm not sure if he's commented on this yet.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If true and I was Papi, I'd want to play in a backline like this.
1. Papenhuyzen
2. Isaako
3. Averillo
4. Hammer
5. Farnworth (get mad value out of him as a winger imo)
Avo over Herbie in the centres? People here blow up at a 500k winger in JAC and you want to put a 700k centre to wing for the phins.

ShepardDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It means I don't actually know him and only know someone that went to Oakhill with him and is friends with him. @Bulldogsteve would know more on this for reasons but I'm not sure if he's commented on this yet.
Ok thanks yeah Steve just said he isn’t leaving

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Avo over Herbie in the centres? People here blow up at a 500k winger in JAC and you want to put a 700k centre to wing for the phins.
It's more the fact that Avo only good at centre and wouldn't be a good enough fullback in comparison to Papi.
Not saying Avo better centre than Herbie... But Phins would be much better with Herbie on wing if it meant not playing Niu or other pretenders on the wing