Rumour Papenhuyzen

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Paps is a champion, Melbourne will probably regret letting him go, not saying Fa'alongo is no good but Paps is in his prime and only needs a bit of luck to go his way and he'll easily be back up there with the best FBs in the game.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we did get Paps I wonder if we can also afford Dearden or Luai. Maybe it does because there's no big name forwards available in the next few years.

Pretty decent backs with some X-Factor if we can

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we did get Paps I wonder if we can also afford Dearden or Luai. Maybe it does because there's no big name forwards available in the next few years.

Pretty decent backs with some X-Factor if we can
I think the club view is if there’s quality available, they will seriously look at it and it won’t matter what position it is (driven by severe market shortage) knowing full well, it’s inevitable a player in a position they need to strengthen will eventually become available or negotiated. Nov 1 is going to be a bloodbath

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Paps is a champion, Melbourne will probably regret letting him go, not saying Fa'alongo is no good but Paps is in his prime and only needs a bit of luck to go his way and he'll easily be back up there with the best FBs in the game.
If he was fully fit the last 18 months he must have been NSW number 1 in game 1 next year.

Hopefully we are looking into this. I doubt storm let him go but I would take a serious look. Lol at people thinking Melbourne will pay some of his freight. To get the deal done you probably need to offer him stability. It would probably be a 4 year 900k contract which would take him through to the end of 2027 and he'd be 29 years old. Why else would he leave or what is in it for the storm apart from allowing a rookie to play. Unless he wont be back to himself you keen Pappy.

Id even go so far as throw in a young junior along the lines of Oluapu or Alamoti (I know one is injured and one is gone but along those lines). Players like Pap rarely come to market regardless of their injury history or current health.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorry to ask but what makes it "80% confirmed"?
I also ask as the song goes...What is it good for, Absolutely NOTHING :laughing:
It wasn't long ago when Johnston was a 95% before he dashed on holidays home sick to NZ.
Is Papenhuysen Bulldogs homesick, he is a Bulldogs fan after all !

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I also ask as the song goes...What is it good for, Absolutely NOTHING :laughing:
It wasn't long ago when Johnston was a 95% before he dashed on holidays home sick to NZ.
Is Papenhuysen Bulldogs homesick, he is a Bulldogs fan after all !
We will appreciate Papi more than Melbourne do… it’s a disgrace that a bloke whose proven himself, a highly skilled competitor with a squeaky clean image coming back from adversity to be shopped around in favour of a relatively unproven Faalogo & a capable player in Nick Meaney…. All that Storm brotherhood sh!t and loyalty is a myth, they are similar to the Roosters with their sombrero and ruthlessness

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We will appreciate Papi more than Melbourne do… it’s a disgrace that a bloke whose proven himself, a highly skilled competitor with a squeaky clean image coming back from adversity to be shopped around in favour of a relatively unproven Faalogo & a capable player in Nick Meaney…. All that Storm brotherhood sh!t and loyalty is a myth, they are similar to the Roosters with their sombrero and ruthlessness
Imagine if the Dogs did the same...
News Crap un-Ltd would have demanded us being relegated to the NSW cup.
Nothing new, different rules for different teams especially Melbourne.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If he was fully fit the last 18 months he must have been NSW number 1 in game 1 next year.

Hopefully we are looking into this. I doubt storm let him go but I would take a serious look. Lol at people thinking Melbourne will pay some of his freight. To get the deal done you probably need to offer him stability. It would probably be a 4 year 900k contract which would take him through to the end of 2027 and he'd be 29 years old. Why else would he leave or what is in it for the storm apart from allowing a rookie to play. Unless he wont be back to himself you keen Pappy.

Id even go so far as throw in a young junior along the lines of Oluapu or Alamoti (I know one is injured and one is gone but along those lines). Players like Pap rarely come to market regardless of their injury history or current health.
Nothing to look into
He is not leaving Storm confirmed

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They have stuck with him for three major injuries. That’s a huge amount of loyalty tbh. It’s not like he has signed on for 200k during this period, he wants to be paid well for two matches a year. They have done the right thing.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Imagine if the Dogs did the same...
News Crap un-Ltd would have demanded us being relegated to the NSW cup.
Nothing new, different rules for different teams especially Melbourne.
Sure

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They have stuck with him for three major injuries. That’s a huge amount of loyalty tbh. It’s not like he has signed on for 200k during this period, he wants to be paid well for two matches a year. They have done the right thing.
Pap's injury liability is weird. His last 2 injuries have been a shattered kneecap and a broken & dislocated ankle, rather than massive tendon or muscular issues. Both were freak accidents. The injury before that was a hammy+knee injury which, as a one off, isn't a huge deal. I'd be curious to see what kind of assessment he gets from in independent doctor. Melbourne must see something with his fitness that's not really making it to the media because he's a star player and his chance of recurring injury is nowhere near as high as, say, Tom Toffy-Hamstrings Trbojevic.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You raise a fair point mate, but for mine, they should allow him to compete for his old position before shopping him around. If after the pre-season and trials he’s not the best option, then I think it’s fair game.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
"Stuck with him", they had no choice he had a contract.

Always a Bulldog