Rumour Papenhuyzen

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Love to have him but can he still play after his injury??

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd rather spend the same money on him than Luai. I still think Oloapu could be our 6 if not Burton. Taaffe our 7. Crichton doesn't have the ball skills to be a top line fullback. We need x-factor at 1. Crichton strengthens our defence at centre and is more than solid in attack

1 Papa
2 JAC
3 Crichton
4 Xerri
5 Kiraz

Hope we're still getting a prop or 2

Last edited:

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the options we have right now are good fillers until Papali’i is first grade ready. Money should go towards a forward.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Papenhuyzen still has 2024 and 2025 on his contract, which is reportedly worth only $800k a year (on Cap, who knows what is not on Cap). Meaney could easily hold down the fullback spot for 2024 (when his contract ends) and Faalogo would most likely be ready for NRL in 2025. Melbourne really don't need Papenhuyzen, now or in the future and as this season has shown they are desperately short on forwards after losing 2 x Bromwich and Kaufusi to the Dolphins. Plus Sims is off to Catalans next year.

They are also going to have to substantially upgrade Faalogo, who is currently a Development Player, if they don't want to lose him. Interesting times ahead.

Always a Bulldog

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Paps looked slower when he returned so I think if Storm are happy for him to leave then thats saying something. Buyer beware
No thanks he looks broken
Whole year out of the game and not much match fitness will do that to you. Look at the start of the year when the season starts, it takes a month or so at least for players to settle into the groove, and that's with a whole off season under their belt.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Storm need forwards says it all, we need forwards more than them, be crazy to sign another back.
If it was Faalogo yes, he has X factor like Barba.

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’d only take him on 500 if that. He has to prove his nrl standard again

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Storm trying to offload olam any decision on paps may be subject to if they get any takers for olam

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sadly he maybe one more injury from retirement. I hope I’m wrong, what a gun and off the field a great guy.

ShepardDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We’re taking a chance on sst might aswell take a chance on a bloke that’s around 8 years younger and a Clive Churchill winner people forgot how he single handily terrorised teams and for those that are saying he looked slow off course he would be slow after being injured for over 12 months I have no doubts he’ll come back and find his old form but maybe not with the forwards we have lol.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope he comes back as good as ever and proves all the doubters wrong.
Seems like a good guy who deserves a decent run of luck just don’t play him in the middle again Bellamy otherwise he will get busted again.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the kid. But I honestly can’t see him getting back to anywhere near where he was. He’s biggest strength was his explosiveness. That’s gone, will it come back? Maybe? But for mine I don’t think he’ll be anywhere near the player he was. He’ll still be a solid NRL player. But won’t be a superstar unfortunately.

Hes a ripper bloke. Good attitude. I’d have him, but wouldn’t pay anymore then 500K