Movie Discussion

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I know I've suggested it to you in the past but if you haven't seen it yet, see Shoot 'em Up. King of the over the top movies, and Monica Bellucci.... she was about 45 when they made that movie but she doesn't look a day over 25. Jaw dropping.
Shoot 'em Up - I don't really recall being recommended that one. I guess I'll give it a go. Thanks for the recommendation.

In return, I'll advise you of Hot Fuzz - another OTT movie that has some gold moments in it: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425112/

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Shoot 'em Up - I don't really recall being recommended that one. I guess I'll give it a go. Thanks for the recommendation.

In return, I'll advise you of Hot Fuzz - another OTT movie that has some gold moments in it: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425112/
Yep. Hot Fuzz is one of my favourites. That and Shaun of the Dead. Great flicks.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

You want a movie ?????

Wahesh

Reaction score
When you think of Vince Vaughn, you think of him in Comedy movies such as Dodgeball, Wedding Crashers, and The Internship.

Well... now he's in an Action/Crime/Thriller movie called "Brawl in Cell Block 99" where he plays a former Boxer, turned drug dealer, who lands in a prison battleground after a deal gets deadly.

This is how he looks in the movie:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
When you think of Vince Vaughn, you think of him in Comedy movies such as Dodgeball, Wedding Crashers, and The Internship.

Well... now he's in an Action/Crime/Thriller movie called "Brawl in Cell Block 99" where he plays a former Boxer, turned drug dealer, who lands in a prison battleground after a deal gets deadly.

Yep saw this trailer yesterday..yeah it is certainly a departure from what audiences normally expect from him..

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Looking at the internet for info on this movie, I suspect it will be only seen in very limited cinema release, so might be hard to find in oz.

For me, True Detective showed he can really act.

Considering his size, I'm surprised he hasn't seen more serious roles where he plays "the big guy"

Here is zee trailer:

Wahesh

Reaction score
@CroydonDog @Mr 95% I know, it was hard enough or me to digest his role as Reese Feldman in Starsky & Hutch when he shoots a bloke dead right in the beginning, but at least that movie was a comedy. This one is down a totally new path for him.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Little Evil on Netflix. Quite a fun movie. It's made by the guys that made Tucker and Dale Vs Evil.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Did I just see they are remaking Flatliners?

Is nothing sacred?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Did I just see they are remaking Flatliners?

Is nothing sacred?
Yep. Looks a bit stupid too. Looks like they've taken the subtle horror of Flatliners and turned it into Final Destination

Wahesh

Reaction score
Can't remember the last time I was this excited to see a movie.
For me it was when Furious 7 was coming out lol. But this is a different kettle of fish. I don't think it'll be as good as part 1 but here's to hoping.