Movie Discussion

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep. She copped heavy backlash from everyone. I just on there and said "what about the Transgender veterans?". Didn't go down so well
Lol fucken the transgender and shit use military funding to get there sex change operations. They don't even go to battle the *****. Hence trump having enough of Obamas dumb ass implementation of trannies in the army. The army is for ***** that only care about killing and laying down their lives for their country, not going to the opposing side and saying look how pc and diverse our army is we're gonna win coz I'm a tranny and can identify as a elf one day and a female the next.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So apparently this thread so about watching movies, but what the fuck do I know?

I haven't been to the flicks in ages so going to see something Friday.

Probably Dunkirk or The Trip to Spain. Apart from the mostly British characters, I appreciate these are completely different genres, so I might wait to see what mood I'm in by the end of the week...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So apparently this thread so about watching movies, but what the fuck do I know?

Probably Dunkirk or The Trip to Spain. Apart from the mostly British characters, I appreciate these are completely different genres, so I might wait to see what mood I'm in by the end of the week...
I've seen the ad for The trip to Spain, the two main actors seem familiar. Are they comedians or something?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Dunkirk well worth the watch on big screen .check hackeys review probably sums it up best

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I've seen the ad for The trip to Spain, the two main actors seem familiar. Are they comedians or something?
Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon both really British actors/comedians who you often see on , well, British comedy shows etc. Coogan I think, played the director in Tropic Thunder.

You might have also seen them on shows like Top Gear.

The movie apparently is like a spin of of a TV series called "The Trip" they did years ago. Haven't seen it though.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Dunkirk well worth the watch on big screen .check hackeys review probably sums it up best
That's why i;m leaning towards Dunkirk, although I better let Mrs CD have a say... then dismiss her and pick what I want to see :grinning:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Dunkirk has a really good sound track - or so I've been told.

Now due to the footy on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights now, and Survivor on Sunday, I can't find a time to watch Kingsmen (1) on the weekend FFS. I WANT TO WATCH IT BEFORE PART 2 COMES OUT!!!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Saw Dunkirk last Friday.

The movie has some epic components. A moving soundtrack, wonderful cinematography/cgi action. I saw it in VMax with a massive screen and great sound - the sound of bullets whizzing past your ears felt quite real. It is also a tremendous reminder of just how serious and shit war is, and how important the rescue at Dunkirk was (though it was a shame that more of the French never got out). As its very gritty, its definitely not a date movie (Mrs CD spend half of it in tears and the other half covering her eyes - well it seemed like that).

If this is what you want from a movie, I fully recommend.

But, if you want things like character development and dialogue, then it might not be for you. I often forgot which soldier was who. Also that awesome soundtrack i mentioned above, tended to drown out some of the dialogue, and, combined with some of the accents meant, to be honest, I only worked about half of what as being said. I eventually gave up on the script and just enjoyed the other components. As for character development, there is zero background on characters, and most of the characters were pretty much interchangeable - perhaps that was deliberate. The only 3 characters besides Kenneth Branagh;s character I was able to find some connection to was the 3 guys on the boat, and maybe the main pilot dude. The nazis are also completely faceless (you don;t see a single german character, but of course you hear their fire and see their planes).

So overall, if you want some sort of Pearl Harbour type flick, you won't enjoy it. If you are more into the Saving Private Ryan type film, then I think you would like it. It's definitely not a bad film at all, but it depends on what you like in a movie.

Overall, i'm going 8/10.

My favourite war movies are still:

Full Metal Jacket
Casualties of War
Kokoda

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dunkirk has a really good sound track - or so I've been told.

Now due to the footy on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights now, and Survivor on Sunday, I can't find a time to watch Kingsmen (1) on the weekend FFS. I WANT TO WATCH IT BEFORE PART 2 COMES OUT!!!
When I saw the 3rd Hobbit movie I basically had just under two hours to watch the Hobbit 2 before my movie session for the Hobbit 3. I basically had to skip the last 10 minutes of Hobbit 2 before seeing Hobbit 3 which became a little confusing because Hobbit 3 picks up seconds after Hobbit 2 ends.

Wahesh

Reaction score
So I watched Kingsmen: The Secret Service last night for the first time.

Wow... I don't know how that one slipped past me in 2014. It was brilliant. A little OTT and a lot of CGI but it was done perfectly. I would've been better watching it on the big screen.

Sofia Boutella was freaking HOT in this movie! She is one crazy psycho bitch I'd LOVE to have as my personal bodyguard ;)

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Wow... I don't know how that one slipped past me in 2014. It was brilliant. A little OTT and a lot of CGI but it was done perfectly. I would've been better watching it on the big screen.

Sofia Boutella was freaking HOT in this movie! She is one crazy psycho bitch I'd LOVE to have as my personal bodyguard ;)

I was pleasantly surprised by it (I think I watched it a plane where I thought, fuck it, i have a couple of hours to kill). I mean, it was a bit juvenile, but sometimes you just have to just relax and enjoy the entertainment.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I was pleasantly surprised by it (I think I watched it a plane where I thought, fuck it, i have a couple of hours to kill). I mean, it was a bit juvenile, but sometimes you just have to just relax and enjoy the entertainment.
I loved it. I'm a fan of the F&F franchise, so I don't mind things being OTT for the sake of entertainment. I loved the final action scene when they showed people all over the world starting to fight each other LMAO.

This bar scene will be one for the ages. When Colin Firth's characters locks the doors... you immediately know it is FREAKING on 8-)

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Saw Logan Lucky last night... good, fun, well written movie. Sure there are gaping plot holes if the plot was done in reality, but a good watch none the less.

Could have cut most of the last 20 odd minutes out though (when police investigate).

I'd give it a solid 7.5/10

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Saw Logan Lucky last night... good, fun, well written movie. Sure there are gaping plot holes if the plot was done in reality, but a good watch none the less.

Could have cut most of the last 20 odd minutes out though (when police investigate).

I'd give it a solid 7.5/10
How was Daniel Craig in it?

He probably enjoyed the break from being James Bloody Bond...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

I did the exact same thing. Saw hints of it when it came out but didn't think too much of it. Last year someone mentioned it so I thought I would watch it and I was blown away. Amazing movie.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I loved it. I'm a fan of the F&F franchise, so I don't mind things being OTT for the sake of entertainment
I know I've suggested it to you in the past but if you haven't seen it yet, see Shoot 'em Up. King of the over the top movies, and Monica Bellucci.... she was about 45 when they made that movie but she doesn't look a day over 25. Jaw dropping.