Movie Discussion

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Shoot 'em Up was great. Ridiculously over the top and it got more insane as it went on, but entertaining.

My only concern is that they're selling it as a "Biopic" and saying "the true story", then showing a completely different story to what actually happened. Would be nice if they at least said "Based on the true story"
They say inspired by a true story

Surely that covers it

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched The Mummy the other day I recommend it and I'm guessing they'll make sequels.
I watched it the other day too. I didn't mind it. It's not a great movie but it's worth seeing. Will be good if they continue it on with at least one sequel.

Some of the writing was terrible though. Like really terrible. And it wasn't Cruise's best performance. But Russell Crowe was excellent and I don't like Russell Crowe, but he played his part really bloody well.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok dunkirk loved it.hacky summed it up best.
Worth seeing just dont expect big Hollywood war stories

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well I might go watch it then. What do you give it /10 @south of heaven?
9/10 the way it was done is balsy no romantic music kissing their sweetheart goodbye no real hero's saving the day, its not big special effects explosion and stuff its grim theres not to many feel good moments in it. I know some people wont enjoy it because it's the way its done , but that's what made it for me.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
So I'm thinking of watching "The Glimmer Man" tonight instead of the NRL snorefest.

This is one of Steven Seagal's "Buddy cop" films (white cop/black cop) and is FULL of funny one liners by Keenen Ivory Wayans who plays the tough street smart black cop. Seagal plays the very calm but lethal white cop always looking to go out of his way if he see's something not quite right going on in LA.

It stars a few other well known actors as well including Bob Gunton, Brian Cox, Stephen Tobolowsky and a very young Nikki Cox.

It's a typical 90s cop film. Notihng too special, but one of those "So bad it's good" movies that falls into the same cheesey category as Commando and Double Impact.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So I'm thinking of watching "The Glimmer Man" tonight instead of the NRL snorefest.

This is one of Steven Seagal's "Buddy cop" films (white cop/black cop) and is FULL of funny one liners by Keenen Ivory Wayans who plays the tough street smart black cop. Seagal plays the very calm but lethal white cop always looking to go out of his way if he see's something not quite right going on in LA.

It stars a few other well known actors as well including Bob Gunton, Brian Cox, Stephen Tobolowsky and a very young Nikki Cox.

It's a typical 90s cop film. Notihng too special, but one of those "So bad it's good" movies that falls into the same cheesey category as Commando and Double Impact.
Don't, it's just bad, it's not so bad its good, its just bad.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched it the other day too. I didn't mind it. It's not a great movie but it's worth seeing. Will be good if they continue it on with at least one sequel.

Some of the writing was terrible though. Like really terrible. And it wasn't Cruise's best performance. But Russell Crowe was excellent and I don't like Russell Crowe, but he played his part really bloody well.
Agree with Russell Crowe comment was excellent and liked this mummy better than the 3rd movie from the first mummy trilogy that starred Brendon Fraser.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Saw planet of the apes lol. I felt like I watched a liberal propaganda piece.
White men are evil, females are oppressed, animals want peace. humans want death, America is bad, leader of the white humans is a crazy christian. It's just a liberal filled piece and they just added cgi apes lol.

potential SPOILERS ahead.........

I felt the last battle which was apparently the last of humans was wayyyyy too lacklustre and one side being wiped out by one ape throwing a grenade on a fuel tanker which had to be connected through the whole base blew one human side all up, and the other humans left were wiped out by a avalanche by G-d due to the symbolism used of the Moses story freeing his people and G-d wiping out some Egyptians with plagues and ceased like Moses took the apes to the promised cgi land. I wish they payed homage to the old ones and actually let off fkn nukes to make it more believable on some type of level.

I'd give it a 6/10. This director is making the next solo batman movie I think he has potential but I dunno.

I also hate apes now. The fuck do they think they are.

Last edited:

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought the new Alien movie was pretty shit. They pretty much got rid of everything interesting from Prometheus and just made a predictable horror movie.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Saw planet of the apes lol. I felt like I watched a liberal propaganda piece.
White men are evil, females are oppressed, animals want peace. humans want death, America is bad, leader of the white humans is a crazy christian. It's just a liberal filled piece and they just added cgi apes lol.

potential SPOILERS ahead.........

I felt the last battle which was apparently the last of humans was wayyyyy too lacklustre and one side being wiped out by one ape throwing a grenade on a fuel tanker which had to be connected through the whole base blew one human side all up, and the other humans left were wiped out by a avalanche by G-d due to the symbolism used of the Moses story freeing his people and G-d wiping out some Egyptians with plagues and ceased like Moses took the apes to the promised cgi land. decided humans are evil lol. I wish they payed homage to the old ones and actually let off fkn nukes to make it more believable on some type of level.

I'd give it a 6/10. This director is making the next solo batman movie I think he has potential but I dunno.

I also hate apes now. The fuck do they think they are.
I have been looking forward to this movie. After seeing your review I'm now really looking forward to it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought the new Alien movie was pretty shit. They pretty much got rid of everything interesting from Prometheus and just made a predictable horror movie.
Terrie, terrible movie. So much potential to work with and they blow it all in the first 10 minutes

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have been looking forward to this movie. After seeing your review I'm now really looking forward to it.
I found it way to lacklustre for a Armageddon type battle. But you'll like it I'm sure. I personally would have butchered the apes if I was the general ain't no unevovled apes taking over my planet lol.
The old planet of the apes movies actually damaged me as a kid lol and same with the fail remake with mark Wahlberg

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Terrie, terrible movie. So much potential to work with and they blow it all in the first 10 minutes
It depressed me..sometimes it's better not knowing the origin of things..let it be ambiguous..like the Joker in the Dark Knight..the mystery adds to the fear..explanation can dull it..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched the new Ghost in the Shell movie tonight (the live action one with Scarlett Johansen). Actually really enjoined it. I was expecting it to be a complete cluster f' of a movie based on the reviews but it was actually really good. I understand that a lot of the reviews are based on the whole whitewashing PC thing ('cause a robot built in Japan needs to be Asian looking for some reason) but there were many people who called it a completely average film for the storyline and such. I actually really enjoyed the story line. Very early 90s style. Like Johnny Neumonic and Virtuosity. Different story to the animes.

I will say this though. Not sure why Scarlett Johansen keeps getting work. She can't act to save her life.