Movie Discussion

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kat was a relative unknown when he took his role, and he plays a guy who is just an average joe, so i think they should also cast a young fairly unknown actor in the role of Ralph Hinkley

Maybe Bryan Cranston could play Maxwell?

Not sure about Pam.
Good call on Cranston I could see him as Maxwell, Pam would be a tough one to pick as Connie Selleca was hot and a good actress and also funny.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Speaking of which. Does anyone have IMDB pro? Asking for a friend...

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So further to the above discussion... who would you cast in a 2017 remake?
It would be tough.. maybe that new Spiderman..Tom Holland for Katt..might be a bit young though as Ralph was a school teacher..how about Ben Stiller.. .. and for Culp..another Spiderman connection.. JK Simmons.. As for Pam..Kirsten Wiig if it's Stiller..

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
"On The Line" - definitely a B-grade movie - perhaps even C grade. It has 2 guys in it from N Sync. I have no idea why I watched it. Some guy meets a chick on the train, and it turns out to be the girl of his dreams. Then he goes on this massive quest to try and find her and ends up making a public fool of himself in the process. Funny at times but no more really. 5/10.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Here's some of the ratings of the new movies from Metacritic:

All Eyez on Me 38%
The Mummy 34%
Pirates of the Caribbean 39%
Baywatch 37%
Transformers 30%

Lots of really crap movies around right now

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

All Eyez on Me 38%
The Mummy 34%
Baywatch 37%
Transformers 30%

Sometime you have to wait until Boxing Day and new year - that's when most of the good ones are out.

Wahesh

Reaction score

All Eyez on Me 38%
The Mummy 34%
Baywatch 37%
Transformers 30%

Wonder Woman has received 76%. Very high considering it came from Metacritic as well. It might be worth the watch.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wonder Woman has received 76%. Very high considering it came from Metacritic as well. It might be worth the watch.
Apparently it's really good. I haven't had a chance to see it yet but the moment I get some free time it's the first thing I'm seeing.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Baby Driver is at 85% and War for Planet of the Apes is at 79% on Metacritic

Wahesh

Reaction score
A Dog's Purpose: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1753383/?ref_=nv_sr_1

It's a family movie really. The dogs scene are all narrated by Josh Gad (that fat comedian who also voice Olaf in Frozen).

It's set perhaps in the 60s (in the beginning). A boy adopts a stray dog and takes him in. As the years go on the boy goes to college, the dogs gets old and dies. Josh Gad narrates pretty much every scene with him.

Then we have a female German Shepard. Yep. The dogs is reincarnated as a female dog, different specie. This time he/she is a police dog in the 70s. Working very well and getting close to the owner (who is a cop). After a few years the poor mut gets shot on the job taking down a kidnapper.

Next life.

The dog is now a male again, a short little thing with no tail. He gets bought by an African-American female student. At a dog park, she meets this guy who also has a dog. They get married, have 3 kids. Dog dies a few years later.

Next life. Modern times.

He's some sort of fluffy dog. The owners neglect him then eventually dump him. He finds his way back to his original home and his original owner, Ethan, finds out it was him after doing a trick they did when he was younger.

Look it's a nice heart-warming movie but can be very depressing at times as you have to witness lovable pooches die 3 times :(

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
A Dog's Purpose: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1753383/?ref_=nv_sr_1

It's a family movie really. The dogs scene are all narrated by Josh Gad (that fat comedian who also voice Olaf in Frozen).

It's set perhaps in the 60s (in the beginning). A boy adopts a stray dog and takes him in. As the years go on the boy goes to college, the dogs gets old and dies. Josh Gad narrates pretty much every scene with him.

Then we have a female German Shepard. Yep. The dogs is reincarnated as a female dog, different specie. This time he/she is a police dog in the 70s. Working very well and getting close to the owner (who is a cop). After a few years the poor mut gets shot on the job taking down a kidnapper.

Next life.

The dog is now a male again, a short little thing with no tail. He gets bought by an African-American female student. At a dog park, she meets this guy who also has a dog. They get married, have 3 kids. Dog dies a few years later.

Next life. Modern times.

He's some sort of fluffy dog. The owners neglect him then eventually dump him. He finds his way back to his original home and his original owner, Ethan, finds out it was him after doing a trick they did when he was younger.

Look it's a nice heart-warming movie but can be very depressing at times as you have to witness lovable pooches die 3 times :(
The Mrs was watching this on the plane when we flew to the US. I'm deeply intrigued in my movie then I look over at her and she's staring at me bawling her eyes out. I started pissing myself laughing.

Wahesh

Reaction score
The Mrs was watching this on the plane when we flew to the US. I'm deeply intrigued in my movie then I look over at her and she's staring at me bawling her eyes out. I started pissing myself laughing.
The saddest part is the dogs dying. There are plenty of elements of comedy in it too though.

Wahesh

Reaction score
A couple of good looking action and comedy movies coming out:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is the movie I'm most looking forward to. It's coming out in a few weeks

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Valerian was a comic book series written back in the 1960s. It was the comics that gave Luc Besson the inspiration for Fifth Element and he actually hired the comic book writer to work on Fifth Element. He said that he only decided to make Valerian now because the technology had finally reached the level that they could make it.

Wahesh

Reaction score
4. 3. 2. 1.

Nope, that wasn't a countdown, that was the actual name of the movie I watched.

Don't believe me? Here's the link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1514041/

This is what it means:

4 - 4 girls who are best friends - Shannon, Kerrys, Joanne, Cassandra - apart from Joanne who is American, the other 3 are English
3 - days - set over a 3 day period, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
2 - 2 cities - London and New York. Also, the American girl Joanne is not the one who goes to New York, she stays in London. Cassandra goes to New York
1 - 1 chance - Shannon comes across a batch of black market diamonds and it's up to all 3 what to do with them.

So the movie is split into 6 different parts:

(1) All 4 girls at the beginning
(2) Shannon's weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
(3) Cassandra's weekend
(4) Kerrys' weekend
(5) Joanne's weekend
(6) The girls reuniting on Sunday night

It's well produced in the way the girls keep in contact with each other over the weekend, and how they interact, as well as the way the stories inter-twine and are shown from the other person's perspective - I'll give it that.

Here's more about the girls though:

(1) Shannon - a baby-faced cute girl. Perhaps the youngest in the group. She experienced the weekend from hell. Her mother walks out on her father, she is almost killed by a psycho who pretended to like her at first, however is after the diamonds, has a guy she thinks likes her hook up with her other friend, is chased by the police, gets drunk by a guy attempting to sleep with her, as well as a few other dramas.

(2) Cassandra - the rich blonde bombshell, total babe, hottest of the lot, and a talented pianist. She spends the weekend in New York trying to meet her internet boyfriend. It turns out that he doesn't show up at their agreed meeting point. However he shows up at her hotel rooms and sleeps with her. This is how she looses her virginity. She wakes up though and he disappears. She then manages to track him down as well as the person who he was pretending to be and things get pretty rough.

(3) Kerrys - the tough girl of the lot, a lesbian and feminist. She does not get along with her step-brother. She is a pretty good fighter and keeps a cool head in a tough situation. She is the type of person who would want on your side rather than against you. Pretty good looking too.

(4) Joanne - the lone American girl of the lot. She works at a 24/7 convenience store in London. She does not like her job or her manager, however says "yes" to everything until the end when she looses it at a hold-up at the store.

Overall the movie is B grade, there are not big name actors in it except for singer Eve who saves Cassandra from her tough situation in New York, and also Mandy Patinkin from Homeland, also in New York. I will take my hat off to how it is produced though, this is done well.

6/10.