Michael Lichaa to the Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The penalties awarded against him were a farce!!!!
Ran behind his own players on two occasions, last penalty standing way infront of the kicker and getting involved in the play. Begging to be penalised

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Its like buying a car without a test run it seems
Car has great potential and Its is being driven for the first 1000 kms as we speak, without any great results.

I guess Its going through its initial run in phase...lol

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Car has great potential and Its is being driven for the first 1000 kms as we speak, without any great results.

I guess Its going through its initial run in phase...lol
Exactly that, plus the said car with potential is coming to a better garbage with more performance parts and better tuning facilities lol

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly that, plus the said car with potential is coming to a better garbage with more performance parts and better tuning facilities lol
And under the best mechanic with a great service plan.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Watched the game thought he had a good game other then abit too much sideways running and the 1 run where he got penned for the obstruction(partly the decoys fault).

Also he was filthy with himself after it was still swearing at himself and shaking his head 3 or so minutes later even when they got the ball back and had a scrum he was still filthy about it, His going to need to learn to get those sorts of things out of his head quicker, Hel gain alot more experience this year and then an off season under des and the skys the limit.

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is showing hallmarks of being a quality hooker. Not everything he touches has to turn into gold at the moment. He's at the worst club, with the worst coaches, and worst (fit) playing roster in the league, in only his first few games. I think, given these circumstances, he is doing very well.

It would have been nice to see him doing an apprenticeship under ennis for one year, but it wasn't to be. I hate the "under Des" cliches, but a full off season under a quality coaching structure, and a stable club and team environment, it will give him the best chance possible to fulfil his potential.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think people are mistaking Brown or the other kid who pushed into hooker when Lichaa went off.

I don't think Lichaa got any try assist at all.

He had a poor game, two very stupid plays (I'll agree and put it down to inexperience) and the fact the Sharks also had no halves (Robson is poor without Carney) and no forward leading direction. I also would say little to no game plan with their current coach?

I think in a few years to come Lichaa will be very much a good young hooker who we are glad to have wrapped up.

That said, there's no doubt about it. He was poor last night.

He will learn, the week before he was very good. Let him keep learning and getting ready for Des and a forward pack he will drool over.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lichaa has talent to burn even under a rabble of a club performs well ,with an off season under des and behind our pack he will be a superstar and will challenge farrah ,ennis has been a great servant but Lichaa is the future

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's time to face reality, Ennis is going at the end of the year and Lichaa is coming next year. No amount of arguing or saying one is better than the other will change that. I will cheer Ennis whilst he wears our colours and hope he kills it every week and from next year I will do the same for Lichaa.

Comparing Ennis and Lichaa is apples and oranges. One has had many seasons in FG, the other has a handful of games under two awful coaches.

For those criticising Lichaa wait until he has a full off season under Des and assess his performances this time next year.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did u watch the game at all?
Seems like u didnt cos no one even mentioned liccha the entire night except when he gave away those dumb penalties, even sydney morning herald in their running commentary has criticized liccha on running side ways and providing nothing in attack. Kid might have a lot of potential, but he also has a large price tag as well and not to mention he is going to replace one of the best defensive hooker who can play 80 minutes.
By the way how many minutes did he play tonight?
I did watch the game actually and I think ur looking to much into it. And since when did the papers actually tell the real tail to the story. lol

He wasn't too bad and for a KID with MINIMAL nrl experience he did one thing that I was happy with, he took the game into his own hands by trying to create things for a team that had NOTHING. Shades of a superstar i'd say.

He has MASSIVE potential along with a MASSIVE price tag but he should be worth it once point in the right direction.

He also made some quality darts in the second half which had the roosters defence second guessing once he started running straight and not sideways but my criticism will come in the shape of his defence.... A bit floppy compared to Micks big Heart.

ek999

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He was in his 6th game last night. He is going to **** up in games but as long as he improves he will be a great player. 9 more games this year and a full preseason knowing he is the number 1 hooker and he will be a hell of a lot better.

i remember Reynolds first 10 or so games and he was nothing like the player he is now

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure the coaching staff is watching him. He looks solid. I am sure with time he will be better at knowing when to run and when to pass.
My observation last night was that he would be more dangerous playing a little more direct to attract defenders.
His defence looks solid. I for one am sad to see the menace go but have learnt in the 30 years of supporting the dogs that we have sometimes carried someone a year or two too long and missed out on a potential buy or a promising junior.
On another note I hope we lock up Jackson, Finucane and Lafai long term

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He was in his 6th game last night. He is going to **** up in games but as long as he improves he will be a great player. 9 more games this year and a full preseason knowing he is the number 1 hooker and he will be a hell of a lot better.

i remember Reynolds first 10 or so games and he was nothing like the player he is now
Spot on. I remember 1 year in Reynolds had the worst kicking game of any player ever. That's why he spent so long in NSW Cup, he could score a great try but would screw up more often than not. If the potential is there then he has a future, and Lichaa's potential is there.

the_gamee

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think people are mistaking Brown or the other kid who pushed into hooker when Lichaa went off.

He had a poor game, two very stupid plays (I'll agree and put it down to inexperience) and the fact the Sharks also had no halves (Robson is poor without Carney) and no forward leading direction. I also would say little to no game plan with their current coach?

I think in a few years to come Lichaa will be very much a good young hooker who we are glad to have wrapped up.

He will learn, the week before he was very good. Let him keep learning and getting ready for Des and a forward pack he will drool over.
very poor game.. but he is still young and can only improve.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
I must admit straight up I am a huge Ennis fan , But guess what he is going next year and there is not much we can do about it so why dont we just suck it up and look foward to a new exciting challenge with someone who MAY become our long term hooker. He is young he will learn. Just my thoughts.

camdendoggies

Waterboy
Reaction score
Mick ENNIS, great family man, great club man with all clubs he has served and from what I have seen and heard a champion bloke! However is a solid footballer and IMO only gifted Canterbury captaincy due to lack of options at the time!
Mick has made his decision, be it in our opinion for better or worse it was a fit for him and all the best to him and his family!
LICCHA an unknown quantity at present however has been given an opportunity by Des to claim the bulldogs number 9 jersey his own and at his age I'd suggest for as long as he desires it, (obviously based own performance and development).
That being said lets not neglect the fact every body was blowing up on here about Des and he's ridiculous team selections this week, so in my opinion lets assume Des knows what he is doing and show our full blue and white support for a coach that has proven his credentials and has an unblemished resume!!! This is my humble opinion no offence intended

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
The main this with this kid is that it's instilled in him that first graders don't give up on a play.

His most glaring weakness at this stage is his lack of effort coming from the inside as a defender. As soon as the ball gets past him he switches off and becomes a spectator.

He obviously has to tools to be a terrific player, but he needs some coaching and a massive rocket up him from a respected coach.

ps this may have already been covered in previous posts but I cbf reading

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Bang on.

You obviously watched the game/didn't mistaken him for Brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.