Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
From the stats:

Played: 46 minutes
Touched the ball: 54 times
Runs: 2 for 20m (both from dummy half)
Tackles: 16 (1 one-on-on, 1 ineffective)
Missed Tackles: 1
Errors: 2
Penalties conceded: 2
Try Assists: 0
Points Scored: 0
Kicks: 0
Line breaks: 0
Line break assists: 0

Played a standard game. 2 errors and 2 penalties is a bit poor. Maloney also had 2 errors and conceded 1 penalty. Roosters winger Macdonald had 4 errors.

ek999

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What the stats don't show is that one of those dummy half runs got the Roosters on the back foot just before the last try.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Does he play limited minutes because that is what coaching staff there want, or does he not have the fitness to put in more work?

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
First of all, when the flying f*ck is this signing going to be announced?! And second, Lichaa's current deficiencies do not worry me. I am confident that he, along with anyone else, under a real coach like Des Hasler, will become a very good player. Josh Reynolds was a hooker/halfback until Hasler said otherwise. He is now the five eighth for NSW.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind Lichaa being benched if someone like Jackson or another forward takes over the hooking duties, or even something like Reynolds to dummy half and T-Rex to five eighth during that time as long as there's no bench hooker.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
First of all, when the flying f*ck is this signing going to be announced?! And second, Lichaa's current deficiencies do not worry me. I am confident that he, along with anyone else, under a real coach like Des Hasler, will become a very good player. Josh Reynolds was a hooker/halfback until Hasler said otherwise. He is now the five eighth for NSW.
So is it official yet?:p

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lichaa will not be in the same league or better than Smith, Farah or Ennis.

not during his 3 year contract with the dogs.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Mbye/Lichaa behind our pack would be awesome.

They can rotate in the hookers role next year.

0-30min (Mbye)
30min-50min (Lichaa)
50min-80min (Mbye)

This is the best way to settle Lichaa in to our playing style, playing 20min and letting Mbye do most of the hooking role as he knows the way Des operates and how our team plays.

Lichaa is a special player, you can just tell, and he is still young so time is on his side. Under Des he'll kill it no doubt. Mbye won't get a look in in the halves or at centre so he will have to suck it up and play at hooker which he has done in the past and he has done a great job (Under 20's Origin)
That isn't giving many minutes to Lichaa though.

Maybe the other way around, with Mbye being more of a utility to start out? He could slot into a few roles while he finds his feet and natural position.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cbb, he wil be 23 when that contract ends. They weren't at that level then and that is what matters. He is better than they were at 20 years old. THAT is what matters. We can make him better brother!
Great post.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cbb, he wil be 23 when that contract ends. They weren't at that level then and that is what matters. He is better than they were at 20 years old. THAT is what matters. We can make him better brother!
He is rubbish if you are comparing him to the class acts of the Smiths, Farah, Ennis, etc. (at 20)

Klemmer showed his class during his debut games, just like Luke Brooks, Mbye, Dylan Walker.

Watching Lichaa performance this year he is an average player at best.

At the end of the day its the 2014 season and i could not give a farkk about players who are not wearing the Bulldogs jersey at this current time.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
I'm thinking this situation is perfect for a bench hooker next year. Mbye on the bench, Lichaa starting. Perfect I say Slick!
I can't compromise our massive forward rotation. Next year, that would leave us with:

8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Graham
11. Pritchard
12. Williams
13. Eastwood

14. Mbye
(in no particular order)
15. Kasiano
16. Jackson
17. Klemmer
18. Finucane
19. Browne
20. Maitua (if he re-signs)
21. O'Hanlon
22. L. Perrett

But if we take Mbye off and slide Jackson or Reynolds into the hooker role we can keep our four-forward (fourward?) rotation. Keep injuries to the Forwards in mind and players who would miss out by one spot would still make the squad.

Last edited by a moderator:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I can't compromise our massive forward rotation. Next year, that would leave us with:

8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Graham
11. Pritchard
12. Williams
13. Eastwood

14. Mbye
15. Kasiano
16. Jackson
17. Klemmer

Left out: Tim Browne, Reni Maitua (if he re-signs), Pat O'Hanlon, Lloyd Perrett definitely more people I'm forgetting.

But if we take Mbye off and slide Jackson or Reynolds into the hooker role we can keep our four-forward (fourward?) rotation
Yeah Finucane, can't leave him out!

B

BoonReturns

Next year I would go with:

8. Graham
9. Mbye
10. Kasiano
11. Williams
12. Jackson
13. Maitua (if he re-signs)

14. Mbye
15. Eastwood
16. Klemmer/Browne
17. Finucane/Perrett/Pritchard/Tolman

I think Tolman and Pritchard aren't as effective as they used to be... Tolman puts in the hard work but he is really holding back guys like Klemmer getting the minutes he deserves. Pritchard is out for the season this year and his body is ageing.. T-Rex is a revelation for us on the left and I think he offers him more on that side. I reckon Finucane, Browne, Perrett, Tolman, Pritchard should be fighting for that final bench spot..

Maitua is going great guns and if he plays one more year I would be happy. If he does not, then Eastwood moves to the starting spot, with either Finucane or Pritchard gaining a bench spot.
Thank god you aren't the coach.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He is rubbish if you are commpring him to the class acts of the Smiths, Farah, Ennis, etc. (at 20)

Klemmer showed his class during his debut games, just like Luke Brooks, Mbye, Dylan Walker.

Watching Lichaa performance this year he is an average player at best.

At the end of the day its the 2014 season and i could not give a farkk about players who are not wearing the Bulldogs jersey at this current time.
Spot on!

Liccha has not proven to be even in the same class as moylan, luke brooks, dylan walker etc.

Karl Mcnichol anyone?

All these young superstars would be spewing to watch how much $$$ liccha is attracting from bulldogs while they are still playing on peanuts and yet performing 10 times better than what liccha has done for his club.....yeah yeah I know " liccha is playing behind a shiit forward pack, for a shiit coach and with a shiit half back..." this excuse is just getting a bit repetitive and a bit boring.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So long as the same thing applies when I hammer Ennis at the ASADA sharks next year big fella ;)
I'll expect that all this 'he wears blue and white and is the club captain yada yada' will be done and dusted then. I'm gonna carve him up and you guys can all thumb me up for it!
As long as It is not in Bulldogs forum.... go nuts...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.