News Matt burton comments on future

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This garbage of not being happy or going on the market needs to stop. Pull ur head in, ur not king shit. You’re being paid one tier below marquee money. You’re not a marquee player (yet) so get over it. A few good kicks doesn’t earn you a bulldogs jersey or marquee money. Yeah so what you’ve had it tough. Have a fucking panadol and suck it. Be patient.
Booooom! Well said.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
New coach , Mahoney, Kikau coming, Gus… there’s plenty of reasons to stay
I agree. I think Potter will ensure we’ll win at least 2 games per month and with Flanno senior likely to be signed. Future is bright for the club.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Media are trying to unsettle us so players walk.

I know everyone will overreact to those comments but I wouldn't read anything into it... It could have been taken out of context which is why he said he's "still" here.. Likely when responding to a question about Barrett leaving.. And didn't want to go further into his contract situation with the journo..
Exactly.... reporter would have asked a loaded question.

Journo: "Hey Matt, With Trent Barrett leaving the club, have you considered leaving the club like Naden?"
Burton: "Not at all, I'm still really happy here and focussed on what's best for the team moving forward"
Journo paraphrases for article "I'm still here and focussed on what's best for the team."

Woofwoof1980

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree. I think Potter will ensure we’ll win at least 2 games per month and with Flanno senior likely to be signed. Future is bright for the club.
so you think we'll finish on 18 or 20 points? love your optimism, however I should warn you that sniffing glue can have some long term health effects.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We can build a team
Around this kid
Recruits ?
Coach?
Commitment from this kid is our biggest challenge