News Matt burton comments on future

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wow people......

You Got "He is gone" from that?

Translation for the ones that are struggling....

"I didnt come for Baz, show me the money and I'm going nowhere".

He came for money and the 6 jersey. The jersey is his now all he wants is an extra 150-200k.

Him saying what he said is just showing respect to Baz.

I told you on Tuesday he isn't going nowhere. Relax a bit, you'll live longer...
Brother, some people have no idea...
It is a fact that Burton was chased by Cronulla, what's more because of Hill's pathetic approach and his misleading of the rest of the management by claiming he is done deal when he wasn't, we almost missed out on signing him for a lousy 20k if it wasn't for the intervention by a sponsor.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Maybe Potolo, but Hethrington we need his aggression + TPJ move out of the way
Funnily enough, i have heard sweet FA ab0ut him since baz got the golden handshake.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
While I agree with you, the poor **** hasn't opened his mouth.

Too busy learning his trade while carrying 15 shit ***** on his back. It's all paper talk.
I don’t have a problem with that. It’s his manager encouraging the articles (see earlier reports of his manager saying he wants to test the market on nov 1). What’s the point of that? He is already being paid about $500k. That’s alot my brother for a dude with less than 50 fg games.

He came to a club that is not doing so well rn to play 5/8th. He’s been given that. He didn’t come to any club. We’re a fat club, financially stable with good networks for life. The vision that he was sold will come.

Compare that with TPJ’s response.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gus has got this.
Yep all being blown out of proportion due to the Baz going saga, is a little early to be "negotiating" new deals and Gus will be on top of it as said.
Fucken media their like circling vultures, stirring up shit placing pressure on these young blokes as mentioned.
There should not be a huge rush on negotiating an upgrade, plus how much extra is he worth right now??
In the meantime get off his back and let him play footy now the Barrett thing is done you scum journos.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I don’t have a problem with that. It’s his manager encouraging the articles (see earlier reports of his manager saying he wants to test the market on nov 1). What’s the point of that? He is already being paid about $500k. That’s alot my brother for a dude with less than 50 fg games.

He came to a club that is not doing so well rn to play 5/8th. He’s been given that. He didn’t come to any club. We’re a fat club, financially stable with good networks for life. The vision that he was sold will come.

ATM he is not worth 500k IMO I'm a fan of his but that's just straight talk. What's done is done now. Happy to have him rather than not have him.

Has he got potential to be sitting on 700-750k that his manager wants? Fuck yeah he does. Plus with our healthy cap in 2024, it's minimum risk for maximum gain.

I'm honestly waiting for at least rd 10 next year to judge him. At least he will have Mahoney sharing the load. But this fkn league we can't wait that long and make a move by November.

PS fkn love TPJ. Imagine him and Kikau running amok.....

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Tevita isn't off contract or available to talk to clubs in November like Burton though.. Tevita is getting paid peak value whereas Burton can get more from us or another club, whether people like it or not..

Burton seems like a great kid who wants to stay. He's busting his ass on the field, especially in defence which shows that he's got the right attitude. He'll likely be extended and Gus will pay him more (hopefully not too much)..

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'll only be triggered if we pay 800k for a young unproven half while watching other clubs pay a few hundred more for the absolute best players in the comp. I get there is future potential to take into account but that's money you pay when that potential is far closer to being reached. Nothing against the kid, has an incredible boot but still has alot to improve on as a half
he does still have a lot to prove but we are not a club who shouldn’t be paying on potential. Not many good halves around and we need to start climbing that ladder!

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And the Sharks. But they have been resigning slot of players of late, I'd say they wouldn't be able to match our money
What if the storm lost Munster....then they would be on the look our for a five eight and if it was offered to Burton you think he wouidnt take up their offer?

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was kissing the logo just a few weeks back wasn't he?

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tevita isn't off contract or available to talk to clubs in November like Burton though.. Tevita is getting paid peak value whereas Burton can get more from us or another club, whether people like it or not..

Burton seems like a great kid who wants to stay. He's busting his ass on the field, especially in defence which shows that he's got the right attitude. He'll likely be extended and Gus will pay him more (hopefully not too much)..
Time will tell if he wants to stay

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s a goner. Nothing to do with Barrett. His heart has never been in this club. He looked depressed on that first photo the club took of him in our gear. Best we start to plan for a future without him. Not a bulldog.
It would help if you start digging into the line to create some space for him rather than giving him your usual rubbish.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s a goner. Nothing to do with Barrett. His heart has never been in this club. He looked depressed on that first photo the club took of him in our gear. Best we start to plan for a future without him. Not a bulldog.
I gues neither is Falmingo