News Matt burton comments on future

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We actually DID play a drinking game last season, for one of his games. Every time he passed back inside to Adam Elliott, who ran at an angle and got tackled immediately, we drank.
my drinking game is have a drink everytime you correctly predict what JMK is going to do from DH

Blind after the first 4 sets

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
this place is full of retards, to the point where some of these comments give me a headache. Maybe crawley is right. Why would anyone want to come to the club where if you're not a saviour right away the fans want you gone
Is that even what Crawley said though?

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spot on.
I actually thought he was excellent in the second half .
He was mate. First half his kicking let him down bad with those bombs that easily went dead and the kickoff out on the full, but he had several classy touches in the second half. Just remembered another one, where he made a linebreak and found JAC in support.

He just needs some stability in the players around him. I can't remember if RFM played on the left edge the other day, but he needs to play there and stay there. We've already had Waddell there and then Jacko I think? Iirc even TPJ had a game there.

I guarantee if you keep RFM, Schoupp and JAC outside him, he's going to be even better. In saying that he's roaming the field too, so it's just building trust with all of his team mates.

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes. much better than any of yours.

Penrith had no farkin choice dipstick, they had no Cap space available so they had to let him go. Much like Melbourne had to let Inglis go, that doesn't exactly match your methodology.

BULLSHIT (capitals for emphasis), Thurston had lots of potential but wasn't regular NRL standard when he signed for the Cowboys. His defence was almost non existent at the start of the 2004 season, up to then his injury record wasn't great, he was considered too small for the rigors of week in week out NRL. At that time Sherwin and Anasta were both better players as well as being NRL proven. FWIW Thurston was 21 in 2004, not 18.

Don't get me wrong I was as pissed off as anyone that we let him go, but no one that I know of had a good enough crystal ball to see what he would develop into.

Who gives fark how old he is, do I rely have to give you a list of the halves that did next to nothing until their mid 20's, the list would be endless. How about just Melbourne players for example, Cronk was 27 when he played his first SOO, Munster was 23, Kimmorley was 24 and FMD Hughes was 26 before he had even played in the NRL halves.

Always a Bulldog
Did I touch a nerve princess .

I can’t help if you can’t interpret things correctly you douche bag
I did say Thurston was 18 years old playing reserve grade

Your comments just show out of touch with rugby league .. how many games where you there to watch Thurston play coming through the ranks ?

He played in all our finals in 2004 and was a big contributor and you think he wasn’t ready ??
Hahahah Get your head out of the sand you clown and start making valid points instead making jokes

By comparison , If a Thurston at 21 wasn’t ready for NRL .Then by today’s standard , burton should be a park footballer

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was mate. First half his kicking let him down bad with those bombs that easily went dead and the kickoff out on the full, but he had several classy touches in the second half. Just remembered another one, where he made a linebreak and found JAC in support.

He just needs some stability in the players around him. I can't remember if RFM played on the left edge the other day, but he needs to play there and stay there. We've already had Waddell there and then Jacko I think? Iirc even TPJ had a game there.

I guarantee if you keep RFM, Schoupp and JAC outside him, he's going to be even better. In saying that he's roaming the field too, so it's just building trust with all of his team mates.
swap RFM for Kiks and thats a good looking left edge