Rumour Looks like we've got another young talent

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not anymore.

Matt Frawley was on a development contract when he went back to Canberra.
And from memory,Sandor earle was on 1 at penrith after his drugs ban. Perhaps how long it's been since you've actually played at nrl level is a factor too. Who knows

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Whether It's development or a top 30 contract, he will be on minimum wage or close to it. I doubt it will be for Karl's spot though, he will have plenty medical appointments before they get close to medical retirement
I didnt say it was for Karls spot! Lol

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have plenty of Centres and Wingers to trial at FB. This kid coming through the jnrs at FB will no doubt get a fair crack at Centre or 2nd row in a few years :-)
I know what you're saying about us stuffing our developing juniors around, but this bloke looks like a centre to me, especially with that awesome fend.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The juniors took a step forward last year. And await to see this year if 24 juniors raise the bar again. The systems with development are being put in place and once filled will give us the best opportunity for junior development to show positive results. Some will miss the mark others will surprise. But the club is developing a serious good development pathway program finally

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I know what you're saying about us stuffing our developing juniors around, but this bloke looks like a centre to me, especially with that awesome fend.
To be fair, I haven’t seen enough of him. I’m happy we are out and about scouting some of the best talent, and hopefully a few kick on for us in years to come.

scottywilson

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Makes perfect sense, when you have decent fullback prospects you lock them in, they don't grow on trees.

BTW there is no maximum limit on Development Player numbers, just a Cap at $650k and a minimum of 4 players.

View attachment 90613

Always a Bulldog
the supplementary players min 80K.. ? so you could have 4 players on $162,500 equalling $650K ? thats significantly more than the NRL top 30 min.. ?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
the supplementary players min 80K.. ? so you could have 4 players on $162,500 equalling $650K ? thats significantly more than the NRL top 30 min.. ?
Yes, yes and yes.

But why would you? Well, it gets you to play over 30 players, which considering we used 35 players last season can be an advantage.

Always a Bulldog

Last edited:

scottywilson

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes, yes and yes.

But why would you? Well it gets you to play over 30 players, which considering we used 35 players last season can be an advantage.

Always a Bulldog
mate have you got the link to that document, i mean where you got it from ?

i find the new supplementary list interesting.

it might explain why we are linked to and supposedly signing so many experienced players. Players would only be upgraded from train and trial to supplementary if they play more than 3 nrl games.. well thats how i read it, that right ?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
mate have you got the link to that document, i mean where you got it from ?

i find the new supplementary list interesting.

it might explain why we are linked to and supposedly signing so many experienced players. Players would only be upgraded from train and trial to supplementary if they play more than 3 nrl games.. well thats how i read it, that right ?
I had a copy of the press release prior to the embargo and I wrote down the details, no copying was allowed. You should be able to find it with a search, try "Salary Cap Rules 2024 to 2027". I know it was in the Sunday Telecrap after the embargo expired, but that's behind a paywall.

Train and Trial is tricky, the rule is 3 games after signing, but what about before signing? What happens if we sign a player who, say, played 4 games last season? Reynolds was on Train & Trial and he had played more than 3 NRL games, is there a time limit, say, 3 games in the last 2 seasons maybe?

Always a Bulldog

scottywilson

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I had a copy of the press release prior to the embargo and I wrote down the details, no copying was allowed. You should be able to find it with a search, try "Salary Cap Rules 2024 to 2027". I know it was in the Sunday Telecrap after the embargo expired, but that's behind a paywall.

Train and Trial is tricky, the rule is 3 games after signing, but what about before signing? What happens if we sign a player who, say, played 4 games last season? Reynolds was on Train & Trial and he had played more than 3 NRL games, is there a time limit, say, 3 games in the last 2 seasons maybe?

Always a Bulldog
Yeah im not sure. Maybe its just means games while they are on a train and trial contract, then once it reaches 3 games it becomes a supplementary or top 30 contract ?