Lichaa signing confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lichaa was once touted as the heir apparent for the Robbie Farah NSW hookers spot. If you'd seen him play in Jnr SOO sides you'd agree too.

His last few games were a glimpse of his potential under a non controlling coach when he plays what's in front of him.

I honestly believe his faults were due to being forced to play a game he's not used to, which resulted in forcing passes, etc.

Time will tell. He has two years to prove his worth, and with the pressures of others behind him.

Will be interesting to see how Woolford goes this year as he knows both Pay well.
Still hasn’t convinced me he can pass.. but I will say..he can run..

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The thing with Lichaa is his all round game will never be at the level of a cameron Smith , but if he is able to run and test the defence like he did in the last three games h will become extreamely effective for these reasons;
1. The markers will bo longer be able to sprint out and put pressure on our first receiver due to his running threat.

2. The halves will have heaps more time on the last and be able to put in more effective kicks , which leads me to the point that he must develop some kind of kicking game , doesnt have to be great, but needs to be able to kick in behind and create repeat sets

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
His defence is 10/10 but attack under hasler was -10/10 and now that he will be able to showcase his skills for the reason we signed him for, it should be a killer season for lich
Hopefully he continues to develop that side of his game.

His passing needs a massive improvement though.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
I hope he's able to justify the new contract he's on. My big concern is that with three years of being coached to play a certain way he showed very little improvement in his ability to think quickly and throw an early pass or to find a half when opportunities presented. His three good games were based on instinctive play and that was largely unexpected by the defenses we faced. With time to study his junior form oppositions will be better prepared for his running. Dummy half running is only good if it's not really expected in my opinion and unless the hooker is super fit they can't keep that up with impact for 80 minutes anyway.

I'll wait and see how we go with him but like you I'm honestly still concerned that his three good games to close out a poor three years were desperation. And it really concerns me that he wrote off three years of inadequate form with the excuses that the coach shackled his running. He did take some opportunities to run at times prior to that but it never looked as good as when he was under pressure to get a new contract. I don't want him to sit back and only put in for a new contract, I want to see him play like he's hoping to become the best hooker he can be every game.
Cheer up guys, Pay is not Des. He won't be blindly loyal and keep people in the side that are not performing. Period.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm still not sold at all on Lichaa. He has 3 solid games when desperate for a contract anywhere, and we sign him on a 2 year contract extension.

Tell me how many players have grown a leg or 3 come contract time... happens all the time.

I can see it now. He plays his usual way now that he's comfortable again and the "fans" come out abusing him week out as usual.
Exhibit A = Tony Williams for Manly 2012

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I hope he's able to justify the new contract he's on. My big concern is that with three years of being coached to play a certain way he showed very little improvement in his ability to think quickly and throw an early pass or to find a half when opportunities presented. His three good games were based on instinctive play and that was largely unexpected by the defenses we faced. With time to study his junior form oppositions will be better prepared for his running. Dummy half running is only good if it's not really expected in my opinion and unless the hooker is super fit they can't keep that up with impact for 80 minutes anyway.

I'll wait and see how we go with him but like you I'm honestly still concerned that his three good games to close out a poor three years were desperation. And it really concerns me that he wrote off three years of inadequate form with the excuses that the coach shackled his running. He did take some opportunities to run at times prior to that but it never looked as good as when he was under pressure to get a new contract. I don't want him to sit back and only put in for a new contract, I want to see him play like he's hoping to become the best hooker he can be every game.

Do you think he was only under pressure for a contract the last 3 games?
The whole year he was playing for a contract so it's obvious to me he thee des game plan away it had nothing to do with the contract!!

Especially considering most on here were giving it to him for 2 years

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The whole year he was playing for a contract so it's obvious to me he thee des game plan away it had nothing to do with the contract!!

Best idea Lichaa ever had was to play those last 3 or 4 games the way he did and show there was more to his game. If he hadnt done that we would all be wtf Pay now lol.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

That's an excellent point.

All these people saying that he was playing for a contract the last 3games and wasn't before that

Because yeh that's how you get re-signed right, by going against the coach's instructions

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That's an excellent point.

All these people saying that he was playing for a contract the last 3games and wasn't before that

Because yeh that's how you get re-signed right, by going against the coach's instructions
Well said CJ!
If Lichaa had played the way he wanted against coaches instructions earlier in the season, he would have spent most of his time in reserve grade.
Lichaa played it smart fully knowing how shit we were going under the coaches instructions. When we were out of contention to be in the 8, he then knew that the season was gone. Knowing that his career was on the line as he wasn't getting any offers from any clubs (and the coach couldn't give a flying fuck anymore), he came out and showed everyone what he can really do with 3 MOM performances!!
Good on him and well played! I believe we will see a much, much better Lichaa next year and he will make the critics eat their words!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

He could also have developed his passing when it was the coaches orders and ensured he got a contract that way. He could have shown in patches that his running game was effective and convinced the coach to adopt it too. But he did neither until he was seemingly without a contract for the following year. Mbye actually made a better fist of hooker instantly. He ran the ball within a week of being moved there and was able to revive the forwards with his passing and find a half as first receiver. I didn't expect miracles of Lichaa with his ball distribution, but i expected him to improve over time.

I hope he's able to play well enough for my opinion of him to be changed, but it doesn't sit well with me that he took no responsibility for his lackluster performances and lack of discernible improvement during that time in fundamental ball distribution skills. He made a scapegoat of the game plan which he should have been able to adapt to. Yeah Hasler should have tried someone else sooner rather than leave him there and reinforce in Lichaas mind that he was doing ok. But it's never sat well with me when players can't accept that they've got to wear some of the responsibility. He's got a chance to redeem himself to the club and it's fans but he's got to improve the fundamentals and not just rely on being able to put together a few weeks of good performances. It's up to him to put in the work now.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He could also have developed his passing when it was the coaches orders and ensured he got a contract that way. He could have shown in patches that his running game was effective and convinced the coach to adopt it too. But he did neither until he was seemingly without a contract for the following year. Mbye actually made a better fist of hooker instantly. He ran the ball within a week of being moved there and was able to revive the forwards with his passing and find a half as first receiver. I didn't expect miracles of Lichaa with his ball distribution, but i expected him to improve over time.

I hope he's able to play well enough for my opinion of him to be changed, but it doesn't sit well with me that he took no responsibility for his lackluster performances and lack of discernible improvement during that time in fundamental ball distribution skills. He made a scapegoat of the game plan which he should have been able to adapt to. Yeah Hasler should have tried someone else sooner rather than leave him there and reinforce in Lichaas mind that he was doing ok. But it's never sat well with me when players can't accept that they've got to wear some of the responsibility. He's got a chance to redeem himself to the club and it's fans but he's got to improve the fundamentals and not just rely on being able to put together a few weeks of good performances. It's up to him to put in the work now.
We don’t trully know what he’s capable of. His service may have suffered due to fatigue.
Hasler turned him into a tackling machine.
If we go with a substitute hooker, you might see a completely different footballer.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We don’t trully know what he’s capable of. His service may have suffered due to fatigue.
Hasler turned him into a tackling machine.
If we go with a substitute hooker, you might see a completely different footballer.
True. The good news though is we will get a bit of insight into how he is going to play by watching him playing in the WC next week.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't want him to be a one trick pony ala segeyaro. I would say even at ennis level (kicks, leadership around the ruck, good cut out passes) would be awesome

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I know what you mean but the Dogs are a better side than Lebanon.
+ he has to play with Wobbie Farrah as halfback and captain lol.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

1st I don't think mbye played any better at hooker then licha that's a myth.

2nd who said he took no responsibility ? And he didn't play half as bad as your making out anyway.

He didn't just play well for the last 4 weeks he got man of the match 3 weeks straight only a class player can do that

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I am obviously no expert in rugby league by any stretch ... not even on the kennel, lol

but what i saw from liccha in last 3 games was simply mind blowing and call me crazy but he played like Cameron Smith and he played so well in those last 3 games that I have completely changed my opinion on him which was built up over a period of 3 years of watching him play shit house under des.

cant wait to see the new unshackled liccha.

Status
Not open for further replies.