Lichaa signing confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Great news for our club,he will do us proud.
Will put his heart and soul into it.
Big party at the uncles Auburn house tonight.
Plenty of hubbly bubbly.
The Bulldogs are going in the right direction and will once again reign.
Do you know him?

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lichaa has proved himself as much as mybe has,i guess at least hooker would be the best place to hide a shit player like they tried to do with mbye

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm still not sold at all on Lichaa. He has 3 solid games when desperate for a contract anywhere, and we sign him on a 2 year contract extension.

Tell me how many players have grown a leg or 3 come contract time... happens all the time.

I can see it now. He plays his usual way now that he's comfortable again and the "fans" come out abusing him week out as usual.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I'm still not sold at all on Lichaa. He has 3 solid games when desperate for a contract anywhere, and we sign him on a 2 year contract extension.

Tell me how many players have grown a leg or 3 come contract time... happens all the time.

I can see it now. He plays his usual way now that he's comfortable again and the "fans" come out abusing him week out as usual.
We will know next year. After the revelations about him being held back by Des, and the cameo of form he showed when he ignored Des' normal game plan , willing to give him a go. Next year hes under a coach who coached him at rep level in juniors, the last time he was a big thing. He was an awesome junior. Des Haslered him. If he cant go well under Pay, then hes truly shit. I think he might go well, and i was one who really wanted him gone for much of the season.

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree with the re-signing of Lichaa, he does have the potential to be a good player.

While its good that Lichaa will be given some free leash in attack, I hope he is working hard to improve his ball distribution and delivery. His service can be very shoddy at times.

It is vitally important to the team for him to provide quick, clean and precise passes from Dummy-Half.
If there is truth to the rumour about Hetherington coming to the club I would hope he's able to do more to teach ball distribution in an off season than Hasler's chosen staff did in a few years. I think if he can get that right he could be among the best 9's in the game, if he can't he's going to be worked out by the defense pretty quickly as a runner.

joedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I spoke to a guy last week that is good mates with tedesco he said teddy was a a day away from signing with us and minichello went and buttered him up the day before and made him chuck a complete 360 fuck thats depressing and that come from a very good source

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I spoke to a guy last week that is good mates with tedesco he said teddy was a a day away from signing with us and minichello went and buttered him up the day before and made him chuck a complete 360 fuck thats depressing and that come from a very good source
We were in our 10 day cooling off period and he did a 180

Nicks $$$$$$ took tedesco away had fuck all to do with minichello

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I hope he's able to justify the new contract he's on. My big concern is that with three years of being coached to play a certain way he showed very little improvement in his ability to think quickly and throw an early pass or to find a half when opportunities presented. His three good games were based on instinctive play and that was largely unexpected by the defenses we faced. With time to study his junior form oppositions will be better prepared for his running. Dummy half running is only good if it's not really expected in my opinion and unless the hooker is super fit they can't keep that up with impact for 80 minutes anyway.

I'll wait and see how we go with him but like you I'm honestly still concerned that his three good games to close out a poor three years were desperation. And it really concerns me that he wrote off three years of inadequate form with the excuses that the coach shackled his running. He did take some opportunities to run at times prior to that but it never looked as good as when he was under pressure to get a new contract. I don't want him to sit back and only put in for a new contract, I want to see him play like he's hoping to become the best hooker he can be every game.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I agree, I too am not convinced TBH yet, I am hoping I am wrong! my gut feel tells me that they decided to re sign him up because we do not have much dept in the Hooker department and with Dean having coached Lichaa in the rep games are prepared to give him another crack at it based on his last 3 games and his past relationship with Dean Pay.
Its a toss of the coin so to speak and I hope it all works out well for the team in 2018.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We were in our 10 day cooling off period and he did a 180

Nicks $$$$$$ took tedesco away had fuck all to do with minichello
True however, the Spaghetti eater did have something to do with it, they do stick together you know:tonguewink:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score

If he doesn't fire leave him in reserves until he does, at least he's back with a point to prove.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

The reason people are so excited is because he played his natural game (and had the balls to ignore Des' tactics and game plan).

He played the way he did over the last 2 yrs because that what Des wanted.

He showed his natural game in those last 3 games and if he keeps developing that attacking style, he can potentially be one of the better hookers in the NRL.

Guess one thing to credit Des is he taught Lichaa how to tackle. (and only tackle)

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The reason people are so excited is because he played his natural game (and had the balls to ignore Des' tactics and game plan).

He played the way he did over the last 2 yrs because that what Des wanted.

He showed his natural game in those last 3 games and if he keeps developing that attacking style, he can potentially be one of the better hookers in the NRL.

Guess one thing to credit Des is he taught Lichaa how to tackle. (and only tackle)
His defence is 10/10 but attack under hasler was -10/10 and now that he will be able to showcase his skills for the reason we signed him for, it should be a killer season for lich

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Lichaa was once touted as the heir apparent for the Robbie Farah NSW hookers spot. If you'd seen him play in Jnr SOO sides you'd agree too.

His last few games were a glimpse of his potential under a non controlling coach when he plays what's in front of him.

I honestly believe his faults were due to being forced to play a game he's not used to, which resulted in forcing passes, etc.

Time will tell. He has two years to prove his worth, and with the pressures of others behind him.

Will be interesting to see how Woolford goes this year as he knows both Pay well.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lichaa was once touted as the heir apparent for the Robbie Farah NSW hookers spot. If you'd seen him play in Jnr SOO sides you'd agree too.

His last few games were a glimpse of his potential under a non controlling coach when he plays what's in front of him.

I honestly believe his faults were due to being forced to play a game he's not used to, which resulted in forcing passes, etc.

Time will tell. He has two years to prove his worth, and with the pressures of others behind him.

Will be interesting to see how Woolford goes this year as he knows both Pay well.

His going to kill it, seen him play in the lower grades and was well ahead of the other players. I just can't wait to see a NEW revamped plan under pay

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

He played awesome in FG for Sharks too

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Minichello what a fucking shit ****... "Oh please Teddy come to the Roosters, i like them and i'm Italian too. Makes perfect sense mate. Also uncle nick will give you a ferrari, just make sure you tell the media its not about the money"...

Status
Not open for further replies.