Let's talk about our defense.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Second phase play will be our biggest killer. At the backend of both the Parra & Sharks game it was our inability to shut the ball down that saw us on the back foot with holes in our defensive line. That being said particularly the Parra game everything the through out the back found a player and the capitalised. Second phase is the biggest killer of any structured defence. Unfortunately we aren’t blessed with the size to stop it in defence. As well as being able to create it in attack. Even when we do offload.It’s generally to someone standing flat footed. We are still not a team that attacks with players in motion.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We have to be complacent as we’re going to find a more eager team in south’s that is going to find weakness through the middle with Murray, keapie, keaon.

walker has been shit house, latrell to worried about the outside noise than his team. One thing burton has to review south’s games is the fact latrell has Been so lazy in the back and if we can catch him out, definitely would rattle the cage in the south’s team for sure.

I hope Cameron has had a chat with them telling them to chill, we go at it again, this time I hope Cameron switches salmon and Curran as I think the first 20 minutes is going to be hard hitting and need Curran to plug that edge role. If we beat south’s then I can confidently say we’ve moved one step closer to turning around our club in the right direction.

big big game and one I hope we win. Defensive structures will be tested heavily against south’s. We aim up, have territory we are definitely in a good chance to beat south’s.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Second phase play will be our biggest killer. At the backend of both the Parra & Sharks game it was our inability to shut the ball down that saw us on the back foot with holes in our defensive line. That being said particularly the Parra game everything the through out the back found a player and the capitalised. Second phase is the biggest killer of any structured defence. Unfortunately we aren’t blessed with the size to stop it in defence. As well as being able to create it in attack. Even when we do offload.It’s generally to someone standing flat footed. We are still not a team that attacks with players in motion.
I said it before, the confidence is all we need and last week, the boys will be wrapped we held them to 0. That’s something to be proud if irrespective of how shit titans are. Take that confidence and bring it ok Friday and were a good chance to beat south’s.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 things that have improved which is the reason why defence is much better
Communication - more talk between tackles, Crichton doesn’t stop yelling this was so evident at the game
Fitness - definitely improved from last year

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
2 things that have improved which is the reason why defence is much better
Communication - more talk between tackles, Crichton doesn’t stop yelling this was so evident at the game
Fitness - definitely improved from last year
I was at the game and one thing that drives confidence is a moment in the game towards the end, max king makes a tackle and sprints back into the line to get ready for the next tackle. Little 1% things like that make a big difference

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those commentator comments were just so biased. Just completely dismissed our chances and that we deserve some success and respect as well. I hope we are fired up to annihilate those bunnies and make those commentators eat their words :grinning:

But yeah only a few wouldn't believe a possible fix is on to help Souths. Hopefully we can take a rorting ref out of the game.
Plus now they’re saying the criticism towards latrell is racist . So fucking sick of hearing that word when there’s no racism involved

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Plus now they’re saying the criticism towards latrell is racist . So fucking sick of hearing that word when there’s no racism involved
His form, dirty play and entitled attitude has led to this examination of his contribution to his team. Nothing more and nothing less.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think Souffs style of play will really trouble us. They don't really have a half with a great kicking game and aren't prolific offloaders like Parra. They like to attack around the edges but I kinda think that one area we have mostly improved, especially with Critta keeping things quiet on one edge and Kiraz and Wilson building a solid partnership on the other.

Remember how they beat us last year after exploiting Alamonti playing on the wing after Fox went off? We were right in that game until the Fox injury.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So seems to me that we handled the Titans attack pretty comfortably. We held out Parra and the Sharks for quite a long time despite the bad calls and the lop sided possession . I know it's early days but which teams or style of play do you think will trouble our defense?
In the past they refferred a pack such as dogs have now as a mobile pack

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the boys will be on a high but im looking forward to Kiks and Curran in particular intimidating Souffs.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
ahhhhh feck i didn't realise he was out for the whole season; sounds insensitive now. Let me rephrase:

I can't wait for Fotuaika to be their 4th tackle option :grimacing:
Always sad to see a player injured long term. But fuck tino, and fuck the Titans. Lol
Feel better now?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Is it defence or defense?

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To keep a team to zero is a fucking hard thing to do. Don’t care where you’re at on the table. I’m not buying the whole Titans only scored 4 points blah blah when they’ve been prolific try scorers every time we’ve played them. Ffs, give your team some credit.