Let's talk about our defense.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
I agree that fitness is definitely on another level, finally after so many years.

Against parra it was immediately obvious - how we defended for the first hour with a lot less possession.

We are a lot more resilient and cohesive.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Second phase play will be our biggest killer. At the backend of both the Parra & Sharks game it was our inability to shut the ball down that saw us on the back foot with holes in our defensive line. That being said particularly the Parra game everything the through out the back found a player and the capitalised. Second phase is the biggest killer of any structured defence. Unfortunately we aren’t blessed with the size to stop it in defence. As well as being able to create it in attack. Even when we do offload.It’s generally to someone standing flat footed. We are still not a team that attacks with players in motion.
As far as attackers not being in motion, that comes with confidence and the team will have gained a little from the win.

I said it before, the confidence is all we need and last week, the boys will be wrapped we held them to 0. That’s something to be proud if irrespective of how shit titans are. Take that confidence and bring it ok Friday and were a good chance to beat south’s.
It can turn at any time. But something seems wrong at Souths. They've still got a quality team. They're just not delivering as they should.

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Always sad to see a player injured long term. But fuck tino, and fuck the Titans. Lol
Feel better now?
I'm more like fuck Des. He screwed us so badly with the back-ended contracts that it forced a change across the NRL so that no other club goes through it. And for what? Going into two grand finals against Melb and Souths with coaches who knew how to nullify our game plan and still not changing. Fuck that guy.

As for Tino - lol. I agree long term injuries suck, but if it had to happen to a titan... :tearsofjoy:

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I remeber last last CC saying a few times "we fell away for the systems". The defensive systems are pretty simple, work together, effort, dicipline, fitness and of course technique,

But CC is renowned as a defensive coach so I can see how its taken some time to instill those systems in place. Last year was establishing those systems and we seen that some couldn't handle it. So theres no doubt that a high standard has been set.

It was just a case of consolidating that and getting consistency especially when the game turns against you. Working for each other and that 100% commitment to put your body on the line. I think thats coming and we have seen glimpses already this year. The second year is starting to pay off.

So I think even though we may fall off now and against we have defnitely raised the level of fitness, commitment and defense and set a good foundation to fall back on.