Kids Shows Non-Binary Characters

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
well it’s not because I was wrong because they would keep it open in that case and let me continue to fail
Ah, the conspiracy within the conspiracy :tearsofjoy:.

Occam’s Razor Zil - you’re the Wests Tigers of conspiracies - clean out the board, buy Jerome Luai, put lipstick on the pig - and still come last :-).

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Major Payne bringing the plight of deaf kids into the light before it was cool to:

My favourite is still the, "want me to show you a little trick to take your mind off that"

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I think her case has many levels to it. She was shut down before she really did anything wrong. That's a reflection on the issues of left wing cancel culture. But her response suggested that they were right to shut her down.

It seems to show that the cancelling group either have extreme intuition, or a mass overreaction that coincidentally turned out to be accurate. I lean toward the latter.
Or it could have been fight or flight. When you're as famous as JK there's nowhere to fly to. Nobody should be shut down for thinking something...and JK would have kept her more extreme opinions to herself if she hadn't been pushed. The pushback would have no doubt made her angry, and people tend to become harsher and less measured when they are angry. It's an interesting case.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yesterday morning I got up with my 7 year old daughter and was watching this show called Ridley Jones with her. She's like a girl Indiana Jones that goes on adventures..

A few minutes into the episode, a Bison has their Grandmother come into town that they haven't seen for a while. The whole episode the young Bison is conflicted as instead of being a Granddaughter Bison, they identify as a male name and are non-binary.. But they don't know how to tell the Grandmother..

Then eventually they muster the courage and the Gradmother accepts it etc but they go into pronouns and everything..

What the actual fuck is going on when they're putting this stuff into kids shows aimed at 4-10 year olds? I told her to switch the show off and never watch Ridley Jones again. What's next, an abortion Bluey episode? A gay Peppa Pig episode?

I'm all for inclusivity and my daughter accepts and loves all people for who they are and want to be but kids will learn about this stuff in good time but to have it rammed down their throats in kids shows is insane. At this age it just confuses them and it's a conversation we need to have with them, not have Ridley Jones talk about..

I'd love to hear everyone else's thoughts. Especially fellow parents...
I see it this way.

Our children are pure and uncorrupted so they simply pick up things that they see and hear around them.

We don't really need to teach them about what a boy / girl is as they see it all around them. It just is what it is.

Whether it be at school in the playground. At home. On tv. In nature. It's everywhere to see so it becomes a knowledge that simply is picked up rather than needing to be actively taught.

What they're trying to do I imagine is to make non-binary simply something that's accepted and a part of nature.

Whether that be at school. On TV. On the street. In nature. Wherever.

Eventually it won't really need to be explained as it'll just be ... if that makes sense?

For the current generation this is all new, confusing etc but I guess the concept is that it needs to start somewhere and someplace?

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yesterday morning I got up with my 7 year old daughter and was watching this show called Ridley Jones with her. She's like a girl Indiana Jones that goes on adventures..

A few minutes into the episode, a Bison has their Grandmother come into town that they haven't seen for a while. The whole episode the young Bison is conflicted as instead of being a Granddaughter Bison, they identify as a male name and are non-binary.. But they don't know how to tell the Grandmother..

Then eventually they muster the courage and the Gradmother accepts it etc but they go into pronouns and everything..

What the actual fuck is going on when they're putting this stuff into kids shows aimed at 4-10 year olds? I told her to switch the show off and never watch Ridley Jones again. What's next, an abortion Bluey episode? A gay Peppa Pig episode?

I'm all for inclusivity and my daughter accepts and loves all people for who they are and want to be but kids will learn about this stuff in good time but to have it rammed down their throats in kids shows is insane. At this age it just confuses them and it's a conversation we need to have with them, not have Ridley Jones talk about..

I'd love to hear everyone else's thoughts. Especially fellow parents...
I would be more concerned about talking bison.

You sure you weren't watching Cheech and Chong.

What I think they were wanting was that it's acceptable & it is part of some people's life & people are accepting of all different types of people.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Interesting fact. With clown fish, when the main mother dies, the main father becomes a female and his (or her as it is now) son mates with him/her to continue the family.

Now you know what Finding Nemo was really about.
why did btrain like this post and not complain about him making a mockery of this discussion

this forum should be called blame rodzilla forum

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
hackyand Doogie talking about finding memo and Warner brother irrelevant stuff in the first post, hopefully they are mocked for bringing the thread into disrepute and the rodzilla is given a full apology
WB is relevant: Looney Tunes, as is your ‘content’ :-).

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
why did btrain like this post and not complain about him making a mockery of this discussion

this forum should be called blame rodzilla forum
Because we all secretly work for Bill Gates. This whole forum is here purely to mess with you and lead you away from the truth.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I see it this way.

Our children are pure and uncorrupted so they simply pick up things that they see and hear around them.

We don't really need to teach them about what a boy / girl is as they see it all around them. It just is what it is.

Whether it be at school in the playground. At home. On tv. In nature. It's everywhere to see so it becomes a knowledge that simply is picked up rather than needing to be actively taught.

What they're trying to do I imagine is to make non-binary simply something that's accepted and a part of nature.

Whether that be at school. On TV. On the street. In nature. Wherever.

Eventually it won't really need to be explained as it'll just be ... if that makes sense?

For the current generation this is all new, confusing etc but I guess the concept is that it needs to start somewhere and someplace?
Of course eventually it will be everywhere, especially with her and future generations.. And they'll figure it out, accept it etc.. But I didn't think this was the right outlet for that when it's targeted at kids so young.. There's a reason why other shows don't go near subjects like this as like you said, eventually they'll learn about it and accept it anyway.

As I keep saying, the creators of this show did this to aim it at the parents and for a publicity stunt and no other reason as 99.9% of kids would have no idea what the fuck was going on or what they were talking about...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Oh look it's the passive aggressive laughing emojis.. I don't know which Lizard person is more annoying.. I prefer Rod to be honest.. He makes more sense.. Which is saying something..

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
It would never occur to me to think that way, but you do you Rod.
so you have no answer and blame me instead

the Kissinger report didn’t write itself and the Indian penises didn’t vasectomy themselves

I guarantee if the police came to your place for a surprise vasectomy you would feel pissed off and that you were violated

sorry btrain I will create my own thread about the Indian penis mass vasectomy, I’ll actually call it Mass Indian vasectomy of the penis and/or balls

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Oh look it's the passive aggressive laughing emojis.. I don't know which Lizard person is more annoying.. I prefer Rod to be honest.. He makes more sense.. Which is saying something..
Just laughing at your silliness. 5 seasons on netflix which is saying something when they say they do not renew most shows after 20 eps. Emmy award winning creator who made it clear from day 1 she was promoting 'others' with the series (and Netflix bought into that). Creator that was so well regarded she signed on for two series on Netflix at the same time. Creator that Disney paid overs to get back but she wanted her creative licence which netflix gave her. The series that Cyndi Lauper agreed to do voice over work for. The first series she has ever committed to for an entire 5 series, not an episode or 2.

And you reckon she did the bison scene for a publicity stunt? The scene that was halfway through series 5?

Said I'm out but seems you needed an explanation for the emoji - there ya go. Lolz.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And then it all went away because of this episode.. Hmmmm... Like I said, publicity stunt gone wrong..

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Hmmmm... Like I said, publicity stunt gone wrong..
Sure. And fully backed up by reality. Since it was a 'publicity stunt', any reason then why they didn't promote it before hand? Or like most series you put your buzz episodes either early or late in the season, not mid season? Or that no one knew about until the mid-western mums got onto facebook? Or assuming this thread is a microcosm of society and based on some of the reactions here, why you wouldn't try to soften the landing as part of your publicity strategy? Or is it, as you say, an emmy award winning, experienced with Disney and in demand cartoon creator got the publicity strategy so wrong?

You think its bad for this to be on ABC kids, good for you. Not everyone agrees with you. Good for them too. But you're on crazy hill atm.