Kids Shows Non-Binary Characters

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yesterday morning I got up with my 7 year old daughter and was watching this show called Ridley Jones with her. She's like a girl Indiana Jones that goes on adventures..

A few minutes into the episode, a Bison has their Grandmother come into town that they haven't seen for a while. The whole episode the young Bison is conflicted as instead of being a Granddaughter Bison, they identify as a male name and are non-binary.. But they don't know how to tell the Grandmother..

Then eventually they muster the courage and the Gradmother accepts it etc but they go into pronouns and everything..

What the actual fuck is going on when they're putting this stuff into kids shows aimed at 4-10 year olds? I told her to switch the show off and never watch Ridley Jones again. What's next, an abortion Bluey episode? A gay Peppa Pig episode?

I'm all for inclusivity and my daughter accepts and loves all people for who they are and want to be but kids will learn about this stuff in good time but to have it rammed down their throats in kids shows is insane. At this age it just confuses them and it's a conversation we need to have with them, not have Ridley Jones talk about..

I'd love to hear everyone else's thoughts. Especially fellow parents...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I talked to my daughter after the episode to ask her what she think happened and explaining what happened. Even after explaining she was still confused as fuck..

Nice job ABC Kids for putting this bullshit for pre-school and young Primary School kids to get their heads filled with when they're having some cereal in the morning!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I would switch the shit off as well.
They should have a Paedophile episode. And a rape episode too. At least that's something practical that they need to know about or to be careful of.. But hey, talking about Paedophiles isn't woke but talking about non-binary and trans Bisons is okay..

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My kids go to a happy clapping God bothering school, which I'm not overly fussed about .. however I do really love that they don't carry on with all this gender / furry / whatever the hell else nonsense. They just don't teach it... being trans is the new being Goth.. which btw I don't see many of those around anymore

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My kids go to a happy clapping God bothering school, which I'm not overly fussed about .. however I do really love that they don't carry on with all this gender / furry / whatever the hell else nonsense. They just don't teach it... being trans is the new being Goth.. which btw I don't see many of those around anymore
They'll learn about it all at the right time and when you guys as parents are ready to have certain conversations.. The dumb thing about a show like this is it goes over the kids heads anyway.. It's really just virtue signalling for the sake of it.

I noticed Netflix pulled the show after this episode.. ABC Kids need to do the same.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They should have a Paedophile episode. And a rape episode too. At least that's something practical that they need to know about or to be careful of.. But hey, talking about Paedophiles isn't woke but talking about non-binary and trans Bisons is okay..
WTF is a Bison?
I thought it was the final character you fight in Streetfighter. No?

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Yesterday morning I got up with my 7 year old daughter and was watching this show called Ridley Jones with her. She's like a girl Indiana Jones that goes on adventures..

A few minutes into the episode, a Bison has their Grandmother come into town that they haven't seen for a while. The whole episode the young Bison is conflicted as instead of being a Granddaughter Bison, they identify as a male name and are non-binary.. But they don't know how to tell the Grandmother..

Then eventually they muster the courage and the Gradmother accepts it etc but they go into pronouns and everything..

What the actual fuck is going on when they're putting this stuff into kids shows aimed at 4-10 year olds? I told her to switch the show off and never watch Ridley Jones again. What's next, an abortion Bluey episode? A gay Peppa Pig episode?

I'm all for inclusivity and my daughter accepts and loves all people for who they are and want to be but kids will learn about this stuff in good time but to have it rammed down their throats in kids shows is insane. At this age it just confuses them and it's a conversation we need to have with them, not have Ridley Jones talk about..

I'd love to hear everyone else's thoughts. Especially fellow parents...
I've voiced my concerns about this shit but was met with homophobia-oids, slippery slope fallacy and strawmen-erisms.
This is what happens when people with the same concerns don't speak up.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting fact. With clown fish, when the main mother dies, the main father becomes a female and his (or her as it is now) son mates with him/her to continue the family.

Now you know what Finding Nemo was really about.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've voiced my concerns about this shit but was met with homophobia-oids, slippery slope fallacy and strawmen-erisms.
This is what happens when people with the same concerns don't speak up.
I've got a gay uncle and a lesbian aunt. And a gay cousin.. We've had all of their partners around to our house for lunches and dinners over the years and welcome everyone. But this shit has no place in kids TV shows regardless of how accepting you are. Let kids be kids FFS.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Interesting fact. With clown fish, when the main mother dies, the main father becomes a female and his (or her as it is now) son mates with him/her to continue the family.

Now you know what Finding Nemo was really about.
Interesting. Warner Bros characters back in the day used to shoot each other, assault each other, kidnap each other, restrain each other, all signs of your typical mass murderer.

And yet - it was funny and I don't believe we trained up a generation of mass murderers from it.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t get me started on this shit.
kids aren’t kids anymore. They’re pawns, willing sponges, to be indoctrinated by the woke.
I fear for humanity.
if you send your kids to a public school and allow the government to spew toxic shit to them.
You deserve what’s coming in the future!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
if you send your kids to a public school and allow the government to spew toxic shit to them.
You deserve what’s coming in the future!
My daughter is at a great public school and they don't talk about any of this stuff.. And it shouldn't be on Pre School/Early Primary School kids programming either.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
My daughter is at a great public school and they don't talk about any of this stuff.. And it shouldn't be on Pre School/Early Primary School kids programming either.
the second you find out they’ve lost their marbles you get her out of school immediately!

I never wanted to settle down and have kids for this reason.
I knew when I was a kid that this world is ruled by evil and we are all doomed to suffer.

why would I want to bring more unnecessary life into that system?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's just fucking sick. Always be mindful of what your kids are watching these days, these sick pedo's are on a campaign to subtly shape our kids beliefs through TV and kids shows on the internet.

I fucking hate the idea of drag queen story time. What kind of parents would allow a sicko to read to their kids.