It's a culture problem': Bulldogs breakdown - Where are they going wrong? | NRL 360 | Fox League

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Interesting discussion about our defensive issues. As usual, the drunk takes a shot at Gus about our development system but Brent Read corrects him and makes him look stupid. Anasta seems like he's genuinely concerned about the club as an ex player.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting discussion about our defensive issues. As usual, the drunk takes a shot at Gus about our development system but Brent Read corrects him and makes him look stupid. Anasta seems like he's genuinely concerned about the club as an ex player.

this is exactly what I was talking about the other day they have no idea. Brent Read actually made some valid points - you have to try and sign quality players now to win games while developing as well to sustain success down the track. Buzz is an absolute flog. Nobody speaks a word about the roosters development system or the storm so why are we copping it?

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Brent Reed and Braith are the only blokes on that show with half a brain and no specific agenda, Tallis, Buzz and Kent are shockers and Hooper is hit and miss.

Reed was on pointe, not because he was defending us, but because it’s factually accurate… Buzz’s argument revolves around building from within, well, they are champ, but 2 things, 1.you can’t keep them all especially if another club offers overs & 2. Building from within takes 2-3yrs to bare fruit - but, we need to develop a winning culture and those young blokes need on-field leaders and mentors

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
In my opinion it basically comes down to having a couple of players that don’t want to go that extra yard to achieve excellence.

This has become more evident as the season has progressed and the going got tougher.

Gus and CC identified it and have decided that rather than drop the standards for certain players they will weed them out at seasons end. This would explain why Gus mentioned a while back that there is more pain to come this year.

The key now is to recruit players that have the right attitude to create a culture that all successful clubs have created.

I also remember Gus saying something to the effect of recruitment “ it’s easy to identify talented players, but hard to identify player with a good work ethic “

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Buzz has to be the dumbest **** in journalism. The drunk hardly ever makes sense. Not sure how Tallis has a job in the media, great player but I know fkn bricks smarter than this idiot. He constantly looks at Braith for validation

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buzz has to be the dumbest **** in journalism. The drunk hardly ever makes sense. Not sure how Tallis has a job in the media, great player but I know fkn bricks smarter than this idiot. He constantly looks at Braith for validation
he’s not that bad. He’s got good footy trivia knowledge and at times just has common sense

braith is still a bulldog. You can see he’s pissed off with buzz and shows genuine concern

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
he’s not that bad. He’s got good footy trivia knowledge and at times just has common sense

braith is still a bulldog. You can see he’s pissed off with buzz and shows genuine concern
Tallis is bad bro. He makes everyone uncomfortable and he says shit that no one cares about. I like how the journos are scared of him though cause there is a chance he clicks it and smashes them

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
In my opinion it basically comes down to having a couple of players that don’t want to go that extra yard to achieve excellence.

This has become more evident as the season has progressed and the going got tougher.

Gus and CC identified it and have decided that rather than drop the standards for certain players they will weed them out at seasons end. This would explain why Gus mentioned a while back that there is more pain to come this year.

The key now is to recruit players that have the right attitude to create a culture that all successful clubs have created.

I also remember Gus saying something to the effect of recruitment “ it’s easy to identify talented players, but hard to identify player with a good work ethic “
Also to add to this… if you follow Gus on twitter, a lot of his posts give a clue into what’s going on behind the scenes.

He reposted something a few weeks back about leadership. In a nutshell it basically talked about how being a leader is not always fun and you will not always be liked by everyone when tough decisions need to be made.

I believe CC was liked by all the players at the start of the season, but as thing got tougher some are not onboard and he is dealing with making those tough decisions.

Other experienced coaches (e.g Ivan Cleary) can see exactly what is going on and are thinking… yep been there done that.. that is why he mentioned that CC will be fine.. he is learning the step up to head coach. Let’s just hope he is learning quickly :grinning:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our backs even with Burto and Sexton plus our back five will look 10 times better with a half dominate pack. I don’t give a fuck what anyone says, we have been building this team back to front..

We need grunt and go forward before anything else.

Last edited:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
images.jpeg-9.jpg

It's like Braith is conducting these 3 flippers..

I cannot watch these fkn shows, i probably should watch Gussys but don't watch it either.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Braith wants back in with the dogs club i was gutted when he left he recounts his days at the dogs with great fondness.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Read is right in that we have some players who aren't buying into what Ciraldo is trying to achieve. If RFM is whinging about how hard we train then he isn't the player we want or need.

If you've ever heard Peter Tunks or Willie Mason interviewed about training they always say "we knew we trained harder than anyone else". It made them a hard team to beat because no team ever could belt them as hard as they belted each other at training. Look at the mentality of the Panthers in defence, they go up a gear and look like they love defending. We need to get players who will buy in like they do.

Cantabrian35

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lachlan Ilias and Jonah Pezet too. Also, a talented young fullback who plays for Souths, Aaron Macey. There are a couple of other youngsters as well.

DFLWatto

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Read is right in that we have some players who aren't buying into what Ciraldo is trying to achieve. If RFM is whinging about how hard we train then he isn't the player we want or need.

If you've ever heard Peter Tunks or Willie Mason interviewed about training they always say "we knew we trained harder than anyone else". It made them a hard team to beat because no team ever could belt them as hard as they belted each other at training. Look at the mentality of the Panthers in defence, they go up a gear and look like they love defending. We need to get players who will buy in like they do.
Yea even Gordy said back in his days, playing against the dogs was the toughest team and you knew you were in for a belting.
We need this attitude back badly.