If I was Des

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Since everyone is always questioning Des decision including my self what would you change about the team ,If I was des I would drop Hodko to nsw cup that it

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
- Beg any other club to take Tony Williams off us.
- Drop Hodkinson once Josh Morris returns from injury.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
T-Rex has been good this year but I know what you mean
Sorry man, I've had just about enough of him. He's extremely predictable and always manages to make an error at the worst possible time.

He's being outperformed big time by Pritchard who's now old as ****.

Tony Williams just has no football brain.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry man, I've had just about enough of him. He's extremely predictable and always manages to make an error at the worst possible time.

It's clear now after 3 yeas the form he had at manly will never be replicated again. I think he has been good this year, but we are not paying him that much to be good. We are paying him to be in the form he was in at manly.

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
Since everyone is always questioning Des decision including my self what would you change about the team ,If I was des I would drop Hodko to nsw cup that it
Mbye has to be in our halfs package. There were sets of six last night where our halfs didn't touch the ball. Mbye has proven he can direct the team around while wearing the Six. This is one change that should be considered by Des over the coming week.

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score

But look at Tony when he is given the ball is a little bit of space and while he is on the move, other than standing flat when receiving the ball. He is a totally different player.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay another team to have their half back outside the cap lol...

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tony Williams is so frustrating for our halves..

He NEVER runs onto the ball at full pace. He jinks then runs. He stand way too flat instead of getting deep and RUNNING onto the ball.

It's really simple stuff. For a man he's size he HAS to be doing much more.

I'm sorry but the first player who should be dropped is T-Rex before anyone else. And Pritchard must be getting upwards of 50min every match.
Not as much as our halves frustrating the fans!!!

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tony Williams is so frustrating for our halves..

He NEVER runs onto the ball at full pace. He jinks then runs. He stand way too flat instead of getting deep and RUNNING onto the ball.

It's really simple stuff. For a man he's size he HAS to be doing much more.

I'm sorry but the first player who should be dropped is T-Rex before anyone else. And Pritchard must be getting upwards of 50min every match.
A coach creates the offensive structure and a half should dictate edge runners and put on inside shoulders of defenders etc. Trex plays nearly 80 minutes, it is not possible to have the explosive impact of a 20 minute surge. Des must feel the defenders in which he attracts and the dent he puts in the defensive line throughout a game is worth more to the team then two strong line breaks per game. For me Trex has been one of our best this year. Our forwards are the best in the NRL

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
I think Trex at least has to be benched , his passes in traffic are woeful , stands way to flat footed and doesnt really put in 100% , would like to see some of these new blokes put pressure on him for a spot . As for Hodko .... when Turvey ad Baa come out publicly and state that he is struggling surely by now the message must be sinking in . Even his goalkicking has slipped a bit , dont want to see him get dropped but would like to see him lift his game .

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
A coach creates the offensive structure and a half should dictate edge runners and put on inside shoulders of defenders etc. Trex plays nearly 80 minutes, it is not possible to have the explosive impact of a 20 minute surge. Des must feel the defenders in which he attracts and the dent he puts in the defensive line throughout a game is worth more to the team then two strong line breaks per game. For me Trex has been one of our best this year. Our forwards are the best in the NRL
Good comment mate, I think teams have worked out that if you get up on him quick, it is the only way to slow him down, cut him down and give more tacklers time to come in and bring him down.

Now imagine he was an extra 10 metres back say, how much quicker they would be on him then. By that time he would be behind the advantage line and we would/could potentially lose ground.

Just make a point of seeing how quickly opposition teams get up on him....

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Trex at least has to be benched , his passes in traffic are woeful , stands way to flat footed and doesnt really put in 100% , would like to see some of these new blokes put pressure on him for a spot . As for Hodko .... when Turvey ad Baa come out publicly and state that he is struggling surely by now the message must be sinking in . Even his goalkicking has slipped a bit , dont want to see him get dropped but would like to see him lift his game .
I would prefer Trex to play off the bench as an impact player.Two all out 15 min impacts. There must be a reason for Des wanting him to play such big minutes.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
- Cut Kas, Promote Lloyd
- Cut one of Williams/Frank, Promote Herman/NSW cup forward
- Cut both Reynolds and Hodko
- Promote Mbye too the halves and find him a genuine partner
- More *Klemmer time*
- Extend Sam Perrets contract by 1-2 years
- Have halves receive the ball closer infield

Preparing for onslaught...

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
- Cut Kas, Promote Lloyd
- More *Klemmer time*

-Depends on Kas and injuries. If his body holds up he is a one of a kind player I would never swap
- Ese'ese is not ready
- for who? I see hope in Reynolds. Hokko I agree.
- mbye is the future and probally the present
- I would prefer more frank time, but Klemmer as well
- Sam! Final year. Move into an off field role with the dogs
- halves structure depends on who is in the halves

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
It's clear now after 3 yeas the form he had at manly will never be replicated again. I think he has been good this year, but we are not paying him that much to be good. We are paying him to be in the form he was in at manly.
It was said in another thread that Foran used to give it to him at manly and that's why he was so devastating. If he wasn't where he was meant to be he'd hear about it. Maybe that's why we chased Foran so hard

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
- Cut Kas, Promote Lloyd
- More *Klemmer time*

I don't agree with you on Kas and Loyd. I think Loyds future is at 13 when Beastwood moves on.
I wouldn't be surprised if Frank goes at the end of this year. I'm not sure who should replace him though. 1 good debut does not a regular first grader make. I remember when Burr was going to be the next big thing. Never happened.
The rest I'd probably do the same as you.
I'd also make love to Dessies mrs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
-Depends on Kas and injuries. If his body holds up he is a one of a kind player I would never swap
- Ese'ese is not ready
- for who? I see hope in Reynolds. Hokko I agree.
- mbye is the future and pro ally the present
- I would prefer more frank time, but Klemmer as well
- Sam! Final year. Move into an off field role with the dogs
- halves structure depends on who is in the halves
- Im over Kas, does some special stuff but always has a crucial error in his game and is usually unavailable for half a season..nd when fit he struggles to even play 20mins.
- i mean for next season, not right now though i hope he plays a few more games this season.
- there were about 10 halves available pre-season, so any of them lol.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was said in another thread that Foran used to give it to him at manly and that's why he was so devastating. If he wasn't where he was meant to be he'd hear about it. Maybe that's why we chased Foran so hard
That's right. When used correctly he could be as devastating but it's obvious des believes where he plays and the way he plays is suitable. I am not going to question that but it seems pretty unusual.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
- Cut Kas, Promote Lloyd
- More *Klemmer time*

Well, having been invited in!
In order ;)

Lloyd is not ready yet.
I thought Frank turned the game around for us yesterday - Williams is an overpaid mistake fest, for me (Ill cop it for that one) agree Herman looks the goods but too early???
Hodko gotta go, Reynolds on watch. (He did lift yesterday)
Yes, Mbye to 7.
Go the Klem.
Thats up to Sam - thought he was talking retirement...Thompson?

Status
Not open for further replies.