No Source Hayze Perham

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
has been training at fullback with Averillo in the centres. This for me confirms we have signed a fullback. I will be shocked if we go into round 1 with Hayze perham at fullback.
Got my money on Jake for top try scorer, scoring 30+ tries playing between Kikau and JAC :tearsofjoy:

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
has been training at fullback with Averillo in the centres. This for me confirms we have signed a fullback. I will be shocked if we go into round 1 with Hayze perham at fullback.
And we are back to fucking around with Averillo’s development again smh :sob:

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And we are back to fucking around with Averillo’s development again smh :sob:
Well in fairness he had half a season to make the fullback spot his own. He started off on fire but faded away badly towards the end of the season. You need to take your opportunities when they present. Look at Kiraz for example, was given a chance when half the team was out with COVID and never looked back since

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Apologies in advance but I have to use the bullshit adjective again. I've been to a few training sessions, not all of course, but I haven't seen any "positional" work, no structure, no practising plays, it's all fitness, skills, strength and ball work with the only separation being forwards and backs. This is hardly surprising since most of the World Cup players haven't attended training sessions and aren't due to until next week.

I would also add that at those sessions Perham was training with the Cup team (together with Reynolds if anyone asks).

Always a Bulldog

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apologies in advance but I have to use the bullshit adjective again. I've been to a few training sessions, not all of course, but I haven't seen any "positional" work, no structure, no practising plays, it's all fitness, skills, strength and ball work with the only separation being forwards and backs. This is hardly surprising since most of the World Cup players haven't attended training sessions and aren't due to until next week.

I would also add that at those sessions Perham was training with the Cup team (together with Reynolds if anyone asks).

Always a Bulldog
Thanks for the factual feedback based on training - for us tragics its gold this time of year. Do you know what part of the training week they are likely to have opposed sessions?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks for the factual feedback based on training - for us tragics its gold this time of year. Do you know what part of the training week they are likely to have opposed sessions?
I have no idea how CC operates and preseason is quite often a mix up, helps the players to not get bored doing the same things every day. Plus at this time of the year the weather on the day plays a part. For example when it's super hot they reverse it and do field work in the morning and gym work in the afternoon. Opposed sessions are the players favourite, not surprising, so it's often a "reward" for a good early morning gym session or heavy duty grunt work up the hills. In general I would expect opposed sessions just before lunch time, but CC may have a different plan. If I see a trend developing I'll post it or better still get someone to ask Gould on Twitter.

Always a Bulldog

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have no idea how CC operates and preseason is quite often a mix up, helps the players to not get bored doing the same things every day. Plus at this time of the year the weather on the day plays a part. For example when it's super hot they reverse it and do field work in the morning and gym work in the afternoon. Opposed sessions are the players favourite, not surprising, so it's often a "reward" for a good early morning gym session or heavy duty grunt work up the hills. In general I would expect opposed sessions just before lunch time, but CC may have a different plan. If I see a trend developing I'll post it or better still get someone to ask Gould on Twitter.

Always a Bulldog
I would imagine some changes in the new year - a lot (not all) of the non top 30 will train seperately - others will go back to their age group sessions etc. Increasing emphasis on "footy"

Reactions: ATT

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Well in fairness he had half a season to make the fullback spot his own. He started off on fire but faded away badly towards the end of the season. You need to take your opportunities when they present. Look at Kiraz for example, was given a chance when half the team was out with COVID and never looked back since
So half of a season at FB in a team without a Head Coach, along with no proper pre season training at FB since his maybe early junior days is the final ‘opportunity’ he gets???

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So half of a season at FB in a team without a Head Coach, along with no proper pre season training at FB since his maybe early junior days is the final ‘opportunity’ he gets???
I would say Jake looks fittest I ever seen him yesterday

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised at 2 or 3 year extension he only ever wanted to play for dogs.
There is no rush to re-sign Jake, especially before a ball has even been kicked. Odds are good he will start at fullback in round 1 however to gain a contract extension the ball is now in his hands and his hands alone, no excuses anymore.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Perham has never played 6 in first grade

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
See my point re Kiraz. If Kiraz could do it, why not Jake? I’m not saying half a season is all he gets, what I’m getting at is that these excuses about poor coaching and training are getting a bit tiresome when other players took their opportunities under the same conditions. I really want Jake to succeed, but it’s in his hands now. He has to want it and some of the things he did at the back end of last season like watching the ball bounce and backing away from contact will not help his case. The talent is there, the attitude needs to match.

Doggies2015

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Was at a training a couple weeks ago and noticed he was training at fullback with Averillo at centre

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
Hahah no worries mate , my information is the most credible on here . Your Clearly brain dead if you think they have done no sorts of shape etc . Yes minimal but Averillo has trained in the centres . They also had a mini oppose against cup / talent squad players

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Was at a training a couple weeks ago and noticed he was training at fullback with Averillo at centre
Yes , so my hunch is that we’ve signed a fullback . Surely Hayze will not be fullback come round 1.